3D-Daz Fan Art Y3DF 3D Characters for DAZ Studio (only Bad Boss_The Tan_Circle) - Y3DF Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

GeekyLion

Sep 12, 2022
Had a bit of free time this morning, so I figured I would play around with the latest batch of characters that therealsimpoffical so kindly shared with us. Ended up doing a render featuring both the adult/mature Sam and the younger version of Sam from The Circle comics. Basically it's a render of the adult/mature Sam looking in the mirror and seeing her younger self in the reflection:

Y3DF-Circle-Sam-Looking-At-Younger-Self-In-Mirror-1920x1080.png

And, a variation, with the reverse scenario: A young Sam looking in the mirror, seeing her adult self in the mirror's reflection:

Y3DF-Circle-Sam-Looking-At-Older-Self-In-Mirror-1920x1080.png

Blazingtruth

Oct 27, 2022
Had a bit of free time this morning, so I figured I would play around with the latest batch of characters that therealsimpoffical so kindly shared with us. Ended up doing a render featuring both the adult/mature Sam and the younger version of Sam from The Circle comics. Basically it's a render of the adult/mature Sam looking in the mirror and seeing her younger self in the reflection:

View attachment 2283068

And, a variation, with the reverse scenario: A young Sam looking in the mirror, seeing her adult self in the mirror's reflection:

View attachment 2283070
how are your renders have so much details? mine are blurry af if i zoom

GeekyLion

Sep 12, 2022
how are your renders have so much details? mine are blurry af if i zoom
Hard to say, there's a few things that could cause that. With a default camera from Daz ("Create --> New Camera"), that never happened to me. So you could give that a try.

If you're using a camera asset, it could be that they have some sort of setting on the camera that causes this effect, and it might even be a desired effect in some cases.

First thing that came to mind when I read your question is DOF (Depth of Field). With the DOF settings, you can create a render where a certain object/character that is a certain distance away from the camera is rendered sharp, whereas everything that is closer or further away from the camera becomes blurry. I used this in my render with Jenny in her Wonder Woman costume. She is sharp, but the background is blurred. This was achieved with DOF.

If DOF is causing you those issues, what you should do is select the camera in the Scene pane, and then find the "Depth of Field" setting in the Parameters (pane). If this is shown as "ON", switch it to "OFF" and the camera should no longer be using Depth of Field. So if this is causing your blurred renders, it should be fixed then.

When you don't mean zooming the camera inside Daz3D, but zooming the final render image itself, then the problem is most likely caused by the render resolution. To fix that open "Render Settings" and in the "Editor" tab, change "Dimension Preset (Global)" to "Full HD [FHD] / 1080p (16:9, 1920 x 1080)", or if you really want a crisp render you could even go larger, like Ultra HD (UHD). It's important to note that larger resolution renders do take longer to render.

Hope this helps.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Does anyone know which are the assets for the houses in The Tan and Bad Boss?

GeekyLion

Sep 12, 2022
Does anyone know which are the assets for the houses in The Tan and Bad Boss?
Had a look for some of the assets of The Tan, but can't seem to find an out-of-box asset that matches the comics. It appears MaxSmeagol, used several assets to create the environments.

For example, I'm fairly certain the kitchen is "Manhattan Loft: Kitchen Expansion" ( ).
The room the kitchen is in, however is definitely not the "Manhatten Loft". It has a pretty unique shape and I couldn't find anything that really resembled it. Looking at the floor, the doors and especially the decorative edge of the windows, I'm pretty sure he build it using the room creator set:

I also couldn't find the swimming pool. The tiles on the floor where the mom is sunbathing appear to come from this set:

But the rest doesn't match that one either and there's a couple of pools that look similar to the one used in the comics, but I haven't been able to find one that matched it exactly, so it feels like a mix-and-match as well.

Haven't searched for the bedrooms etc. yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he also used room creator for those.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Go figure LOL
Too bad he didn't use, or so it seems, one big asset like in Circle
but then again, maybe they didn't have such full house assets, at least that he would pick, when he developed the other 2 comics

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes