• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

You can't jerk off to AI Art.

ChadChan3D

NTR/Furry Artist
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2023
The general theme here is that this stuff gets used where the artwork is not the end product, but simply a supplement to the content actually being presented. Given the topic of this thread, I think it should be obvious what the next stage is gonna be:

AI art is positioned perfectly to fill this role. You can, with minimal time investment, generate a scene depicting basically any scenario you want to coincide with whatever idea you're trying to present. There might be some kinks to it. But it looks a hell of a lot better than fucking Corporate Memphis. And you don't even need some underpaid lackey to make it for you.
Damn good insight!

So what you're saying is that this is the age of the storyteller?

The visual medium is now in surplus (and therefore overvalued) while the craft of storytelling is at an all-time low (and thus in great demand).

I can see AI art being used to its best as the new form of art-erotica.

Think about it: As standalone art, AI art falls apart under scrutiny. All of its flaws and its melty artstyle can never compete with real art made from conscious minds.

So why put it under the microscope to begin with? As you said, put it to its strength: A visual aid for something else. You may really be onto something, qwsaq!

Tl;dr AI art is for authors, not artists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cranus and qwsaq

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
Tl;dr AI art is for authors, not artists.
Very much so.
I'm not discounting "actual" AI artists who use it as a tool to supplement their skills. But the way AI generation is typically applied, it's basically the same thing as copy/pasting whatever the most relevant result from Google Images is. Except you don't have to worry about copyright or anything.

The visual medium is now in surplus (and therefore overvalued) while the craft of storytelling is at an all-time low (and thus in great demand).
I wouldn't go quite that far, lmao.
On the consumer side of things: what's changed here is players should no longer accept crudely drawn MS Paint bullshit in story-focused games. And creators who wish to commission art for their game should no longer accept some amateur's product as "good enough."

If we treat this tech "responsibly," it will serve to increase the prestige of a good artist.
Alluding to my previous example: Before mass production, everything you could buy was "hand-crafted." Most of it was shit. But now that nearly everything we own was churned out in a factory, something created with the passion and skill of a master in his craft is something to be cherished.

LightningAce

May 23, 2020
Idk man, they've been looking pretty hot lately.
BB60221C-F74E-4C20-9AC4-49590F728B3B.png 115647631_p3.jpg 115389605_p17.jpg F00B408E-69D7-4A41-AA6D-7BA27315EE34.png

There's this recurrent style I've beeing seeing from multiple people that I'm absolutely loving and it always seems to yield really high quality images and a lot more solid poses, compared to the repetitive and troublesome NAI/Anything based models used in the past, but I could not find the model/tags that they use to replicate it QQ
They seem to take a lot after ThiccWithaQ's style

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
It´s not that you can´t jerk off to it, it´s more an issue of limited control although that limitation can be reduced with add-on and some basic photoshopping skills. It´s a fun new toy to play with, but I´ll be sticking with Daz for my projects. It´s fun to throw in a few promts make a hundred images and see what comes out, some of the images aren´t half bad and could be fixed with inpainting and photoshopping if one were so inclined.

Here are some unedited images from my latest test batch. (Warning : includes tentacles)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
very low effort, very fast. While I won´t be switching to AI just yet, I´m keeping an eye on the latest developments.

heralder

Mar 3, 2018
If you're using a 3d program have you tried to make a depth map and using than for control?
you can use depth maps from 3d programs or from images or however you'd like and depending on the strength and for how much of the generation to follow you can chose how much it follows the reference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And you can mix and match in silly ways if you want

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
If you're using a 3d program have you tried to make a depth map and using than for control?
once I´ve set up the poses I may as well render in Daz, unless the pose is a simple one person pose that's often the most time-consuming work. While rendering one image takes as long as generating 40-50 ai images in 1024*1024 resolution, I know what I´ll be getting from the daz render, not so much for ai. As impressive as the current state of AI image generation is, it´s still not a good tool for storytelling unless you´re prepared to do a lot of photoshopping and such, in which case AI generation isn´t saving me any time or work, it´s just different kind of work.