VN - Ren'Py - Your Story [1.0] [GameLoad]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Éama

Your Story is one of the few games with self-made art and that's what drew me to it. The character art is well done, small changes in facial expressions are noticeable, as with many VNs that are traditionally drawn I would sometimes wish for more renders to describe individual situations.
    When there is a text description of person A acting in a certain way towards person B, please show a visual representation of it. I know... it's a lot of additional work.

Some scenes are only depicted in a sketch-like manner, and it is not always clear to me what this change in portrayal is based on. At first I thought it was to represent motion with more renders to give it a sense of urgency, renders also auto-progress in those situations, which surprised me initially. But if you want to use that as a stylistic element, you would actually have to use more smaller renders so that it appears more fluid overall. In the implementation, it is rather text-heavy.

The story itself starts slowly. In the demo I played, it barely gets going. If there is a big adventure that is at the centre of the plot, then that is still ahead of us. Instead, you experience a kind of everyday life that is interrupted by interesting, but so far rather superficial acquaintances - with one exception, which I don't want to spoil here.

Your Story has the potential to be an epic story, but for that to happen, the story would have to pick up speed now. The chess pieces seem to be in place and the foreshadowing is apparent, but I'm beginning to long for a real arc of suspense.

Ps.: At the moment there is no sexual content worth mentioning, but I don't think that is the main focus here anyway.