You've played tons of Harem games, you wish the MC's could be more or less .....

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
You can try My New Family and A New Home. I am not sure if they even fit in what you said(it has been a while since I played those) but they are great. Especially MNF, it has a lot of content and the writing is amazing.
I played a good bit of My New Family, but its far too linear for my tastes. It just seems to go on and on without a lot of player choice or consequence. Linear "hallway" VNs can be good (The Visit, Where the Heart is), but they're not my preference. I strongly desire to be able to choose which girl I interact with next, and so on.

I played A New Home a long time ago, and remember not liking it very much. The character models aren't for me too.

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
You wouldn't have time to explain Simon in a few sentences? Like, is he good or evil? A gentleman or asshole? Is he sadistic; does he like mentally or verbally abusing women in a consensual manner? Or does he treat them like princesses, spoiling them, but still in a stoic way where he commands respect?
I quoted that post because I think it fits the character and game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hakarlman

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Going back to my earlier comment, there's a new game on here called Milfy Day that checks so many of my boxes on the surface. The women look really hot and its set up the way that I like. But the MC looks like a little kid. So just, no. I can't do it. Make him look like an average college student, and I'd love it.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
So you want to play an MC who is a gentleman and an aspiring scholar who values wisdom?

Is this a good or bad thing? Are you saying you want to sit back and order your women to fight, while you just watch? Or do you want to be the only one fighting, or do you want your women to back you up in a fight? Or avoid a fight through diplomacy? While impressing potential women to seduce who are observing how you conduct yourself during a confrontation.

Which personality do you really really want? Can you describe it?

Feel free to describe exactly what you want to play, if you have time.
You are looking at it the wrong way.
I don't see it as good or bad so much. It more that everyone making these games seems to follow a similar recipe.

Honestly, some times I like playing one type of character and other times a different type of character.
I've been that way forever.
When I played D&D I used to have characters that ranged from real good to the worst despicable scum.
Games like Ultima Online when it first came out I had characters that were on both sides of the PVP wars white and red.

I'd like more of an option in how I can play the character.
The only issue with that is it will require a lot more dialog and option choices. That or entire sets that can be substituted in.

You know how some games have girl packs think on the order of dialog packs.
By doing something like that it would also make it even easier to adapt the game to different languages.

• Thinking Face

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
You are looking at it the wrong way.
I don't see it as good or bad so much. It more that everyone making these games seems to follow a similar recipe.

Honestly, some times I like playing one type of character and other times a different type of character.
I've been that way forever.
When I played D&D I used to have characters that ranged from real good to the worst despicable scum.
Games like Ultima Online when it first came out I had characters that were on both sides of the PVP wars white and red.

I'd like more of an option in how I can play the character.
The only issue with that is it will require a lot more dialog and option choices. That or entire sets that can be substituted in.

You know how some games have girl packs think on the order of dialog packs.
By doing something like that it would also make it even easier to adapt the game to different languages.
I think that the number one reason is the amount of time and effort that would need to go into the game, to create very different branching scenarios to play very different personalities.

But I think that another reason is that a lot of people probably don't want to create a MC who's a scumbag. That's likely why you have games where the MC either is or isn't, because people are going to write a character that they can personally identify with and would like to be in their shoes in this fantasy.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I think that the number one reason is the amount of time and effort that would need to go into the game, to create very different branching scenarios to play very different personalities.

But I think that another reason is that a lot of people probably don't want to create a MC who's a scumbag. That's likely why you have games where the MC either is or isn't, because people are going to write a character that they can personally identify with and would like to be in their shoes in this fantasy.
Ever seen games that can write a story of the game play?
A lot of work can be reduced by thinking similar to the way they solve some issues.
You could create a state system with several parameters love, hate, lust, depravity... or whatever
Then have the state system create response based on the character choice selection and the current values.

Once you have the base system setup you could then create thousands of scenes in different locations situations and so on.
The behavior would change based on the play up until that point. The dialog the character uses and responds with could then easily be changed as well.

Other parts of the story could be handled by a narrator so that there is little change needed in those sections.

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
I played a good bit of My New Family, but its far too linear for my tastes. It just seems to go on and on without a lot of player choice or consequence. Linear "hallway" VNs can be good (The Visit, Where the Heart is), but they're not my preference. I strongly desire to be able to choose which girl I interact with next, and so on.

I played A New Home a long time ago, and remember not liking it very much. The character models aren't for me too.
What about Photo Hunt, Corrupted Kingdoms and Lunars Chosen? Personally I like these three.

Lordborgman

Jan 6, 2020
I seem to very much have the same tastes as Loganfin. I immieately turn a game off, or don't download it if it's just the MC trying to corrupt/rape woman instead of having a sort of "wholesome romantic harem" thing. Rance is a pretty fine example of the anti-MC I want, I really liked Evenicle compartively as I enjoy the actual rpg part of the game and for the most part (besides the bad guys doing stuff to others) my own characters act fairly decently. I also don't see the appeal of playing as a female protagonist that is basically getting raped and molested.

I wish there were tags for this kind of thing like "decent protagonist" or what not.

Reactions: Aiden

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
I seem to very much have the same tastes as Loganfin. I immieately turn a game off, or don't download it if it's just the MC trying to corrupt/rape woman instead of having a sort of "wholesome romantic harem" thing. Rance is a pretty fine example of the anti-MC I want, I really liked Evenicle compartively as I enjoy the actual rpg part of the game and for the most part (besides the bad guys doing stuff to others) my own characters act fairly decently. I also don't see the appeal of playing as a female protagonist that is basically getting raped and molested.

I wish there were tags for this kind of thing like "decent protagonist" or what not.
Can you recommend some games that you liked? Others can also tell their favourite ones.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020

I'm actually a fan of games with corruption as long as it just makes the women hornier and that they can then be persuaded to let go of their inhibitions. And/or games where the MC is aware that some outside force is causing that to happen and he's reaping the benefits. Some of my favorites actually have those elements.

What I absolutely do not like is a game where the MC will verbally or physically abuse the women, or force them physically or with blackmail to have sex with him. Or to smack them around and be really rough during sex, especially if they're protesting. If any of that happens, or looks like its going to, then I turn it off and don't go back.

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
I wish that the male MCs in harem games were more dominant, but dominant as in more dominant, especially in games tagged "corruption" like take advantage of specific situations, e.g. you see harem girl with no panties wiggling her butt in the kitchen, bro you better launch your dick in that Mach 3000 speed instead of twiddling your thumbs like a Bond villain.

I guess the main aspect that gets me going in sex scenes is the way it happens, not to discredit the sex scene itself, but the setting and intro can make or break a scene for me. Probably the best Waifu Academy scene is where you replace your mom's mounted dildo with your own dick via a hole in the bathroom wall. Solvalley school has a lot of such great scenes, like get creative. It doesn't even have to be surprise penetration, although that genre is not very well represented and underrated.

And I don't mind the female characters surprising the MC even in such games, but what the MC does from that point forward after the surprise has happened is important too, he has to remain in that dominant outlook even after being surprised.

Lordborgman

Jan 6, 2020
Can you recommend some games that you liked? Others can also tell their favourite ones.
Anything I recommend, there could be multiple routes, I'm just counting from my own runs of "romance" routes in each game.

S.H.E.L.T.E.R., Zombie's Retreat, Summertime Saga, MyNewFamily (it sort of goes on forever though, but start is really nice,) LongLiveThePrincess (debatable, you sorta do mind stuff to them, but It feels more like unlocking their inhibitions rather than mind controlling them,) Now & Then, Once in a Lifetime, Insexual Awakening, Mythic Manor, Scarlet Law, Heroes Harem Guild, Kindread: The Redburns (memory is a bit foggy exactly on this one, I have a thing for post apocalyptic/zombie stuff and I simply liked the character designs,) What a Legend, Evenicle (I fucking love this game, because it's a pretty all right jRPG by itself and hentai as well, there's a bit of bad guys doing terrible things to women, but YOU do not,) Love & Sex: Second Base, Milfy City (I could be wrong on this one it's been a while but remember liking it, unless I'm thinking of another game with similar name,) MIST, Away from Home, Town of Passion, HS Tutor, Last Hope, Lessons in Love...

That is in no particular order, some I enjoyed WAY more than others. Some were me sort of scrapping the bottom of the barrel as it were, as clearly I got through probably too many of these. Probably some are disputable on whether a character may be as ethical as I would like etc. I have a general theme of enjoying post apocalyptic stuff. I would be happy to answer any questions about individual ones AND would be DAMN WILLING to hear about any other people find that are similar in the whole "actual decent guy has a romantic harem" games that I haven't already consumed. Also I prefer it when the game doesn't start off with the girls immediately throwing themselves at me, I kinda like for it to be a nice romantic build up/work for it to get a bit emotionally invested in it.

Side note, why are all the Harry Potter games always fucking rapey, none of them are romantic and it's never "Harry gets a romantic harem at Hogwarts"? Hear my game devs, make one, please, for the love of all that is horny.

Reactions: Xyyy

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
Anything I recommend, there could be multiple routes, I'm just counting from my own runs of "romance" routes in each game.

S.H.E.L.T.E.R., Zombie's Retreat, Summertime Saga, MyNewFamily (it sort of goes on forever though, but start is really nice,) LongLiveThePrincess (debatable, you sorta do mind stuff to them, but It feels more like unlocking their inhibitions rather than mind controlling them,) Now & Then, Once in a Lifetime, Insexual Awakening, Mythic Manor, Scarlet Law, Heroes Harem Guild, Kindread: The Redburns (memory is a bit foggy exactly on this one, I have a thing for post apocalyptic/zombie stuff and I simply liked the character designs,) What a Legend, Evenicle (I fucking love this game, because it's a pretty all right jRPG by itself and hentai as well, there's a bit of bad guys doing terrible things to women, but YOU do not,) Love & Sex: Second Base, Milfy City (I could be wrong on this one it's been a while but remember liking it, unless I'm thinking of another game with similar name,) MIST, Away from Home, Town of Passion, HS Tutor, Last Hope, Lessons in Love...

That is in no particular order, some I enjoyed WAY more than others. Some were me sort of scrapping the bottom of the barrel as it were, as clearly I got through probably too many of these. Probably some are disputable on whether a character may be as ethical as I would like etc. I have a general theme of enjoying post apocalyptic stuff. I would be happy to answer any questions about individual ones AND would be DAMN WILLING to hear about any other people find that are similar in the whole "actual decent guy has a romantic harem" games that I haven't already consumed. Also I prefer it when the game doesn't start off with the girls immediately throwing themselves at me, I kinda like for it to be a nice romantic build up/work for it to get a bit emotionally invested in it.

Side note, why are all the Harry Potter games always fucking rapey, none of them are romantic and it's never "Harry gets a romantic harem at Hogwarts"? Hear my game devs, make one, please, for the love of all that is horny.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Harry Potter part. I have played almost every game you wrote except the rpg ones, which I don't play. Great list.

Reactions: Lordborgman

Lordborgman

Jan 6, 2020
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Harry Potter part. I have played almost every game you wrote except the rpg ones, which I don't play. Great list.
I'm actually at the point of doubting the existence of any more that I'd actually enjoy. I watch for updates/new stuff on a daily basis. Sucks that the art of things like Innocent Witches and Witch Trainer (whichever the Akubar Hermione thing is) are so good, but the story/main character is so off putting.

Reactions: Xyyy