VN - Others - Completed - YU-NO - The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World [Final] [Elf]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Evil Philosopher

Amazing game!

If you enjoy games about time loops and time travelling with ability to change the past - this game is for you.

The story is easy to get, but the gameplay is a bit clunky, since the core mechanic is built around time, which progresses only if you trigger certain scripts. It is normal to stuck at some point, this game is old.
    Also, the puzzles are literal hell. Don't waste your time trying to solve puzzles, just use walkthrough, which you can find in the game's folder (puzzle.jpg and Walkthrough.jpg).

Asking about hentai stuff?

Do you want mother?
    Or rather sister?
    Or even daughter?

You can have them all!!!

Evaluation: 4 incestuous little devils out of 5

Did you like this game? Then this is for you: Google Drive
  2. 3.00 star(s)

mdqp

A great game, poisoned by the weirdest, lamest, most non-sensical final chapter in the history of visual novels, probably. The ending is so bad, I'd be tempted to rate the game a 2, but I'll keep it at 3 for the middle act, which should be experienced in my opinion.

What's so great about the game? It's a visual novel about time travel, where time travel actually matters and YOU affect the timeline. Jump back and forth, collect items in the future to use them in the past and viceversa. Explore dialogues that lead to different timelines, then go back to unlock a different path and so on.

It's all interesting and brilliant, you get to meet some sexy girls along the way and date them... But then you might try to reach the true ending, and things fall apart disastrously.

The final chapter is like the prologue: completely linear. Gone is the nice gameplay of the middle act, instead you are given dialogue choices that mean nothing, and you must repeat over and over again to progress (when the game bothers to give you choices).

The story forces you in a fantasy setting (away from the modern one you were used to, which almost felt sci-fi thanks to the time travel), then into a relationship with a woman that seems mentally challenged, to top it all off with incest with the daughter you had with said woman. If you aren't into incest, this is pretty disgusting, of course, but perhaps not as much as eating a sentient being to survive after escaping together slavery of some sorts.

This makes even LESS sense in-game, mind you. I don't care what anyone says, the ending is terrible, and has NOTHING to do with the rest of the game. It comes from left field, switches genre, tone, gameplay, has tons of time skips, all for no real payoff. It hurts because it's part of a good game, and I promised myself I'll do justice to this mechanic with a game of my own, one day.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Arman95

An amazing VN that deserves the title of "Classic." I played it many years ago out of boredom, and was surprised that such an old game had a story this good. The sex parts aren't anything crazy, but the story is really good, the characters are all fleshed out and more than just the generic tropes you would see in a VN. The only part I would warn people about is that the gameplay can get very confusing with all the branches in the story and needing to create save points all over to jump to, so a walkthrough is recommended if you don't want to get stuck. Still a 5/5 for me though.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Hakuowlo

I remember picking this up a long while ago after a recommendation, and as it was during the early days of me getting into Visual Novels, this title is certainly among those I hold in deep regard, since it taught me not to hold bias towards stuff that appear unappealing at first sight.

This game's beauty lays not in it's graphics, but in the atmosphere it creates, at the emotions you feel as you read, and the imagination it stimulates.

You step in the shoes of teen Takuya Arima, which suffers from the tragedy that is reality, in which he is powerless and a nobody in denial - expressing a behavior of acting as a sarcastic outcast and slightly cool wanderer delinquent in school.

His father, a historian, suddenly disappeared one day, leaving behind him along with his step mother.
    But not before leaving behind a strange device, which you later realize is a sorts of time machine.

Secrets slowly unravel as you loiter around you hometown, giving you more questions than answers as you try to find your father, while trying not to let the things important to you slip between your fingers.

YU-NO is a rich - story driven - point and click - Adventure/VN hybrid which gives you the ability to travel along a flowchart of converging and diverging events in time, which for example, allows to prevent an event in day 2, using items you picked up after doing different things and after reaching day 3, and traveling back.

It's really unique, and if you give it a chance, you might find this game has more to it than you thought ; )
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Hitman98

Dropped it three hours in, now it's a classic and i like a lot of what i saw but the investigation/puzzle/jewel system is the kind of thing i hate.

The first hour aka the prologue is very straight forward and was great, i really loved the art style and the chara design, really good writing for the characters, even the mc has personality, good music and good voice acting for the scene that had some.

But right when you start the first chapter it went to shit for me as it's classic point and click bullshit, you're in a room and you have to click on everything to get a description, certain thing you have to click multiple times, or you have to click on stuff in different order and more of that...

I'm sure some people like this kind of game system but i hate it, the pacing was killed as i stayed in that room for 15 minute trying to understand what i was missing, and as always with this kind of game i just didn't click on a very tiny specific spot.

And i don't want to use a walktrough, it kills the experience having to alt tab every 30 seconds, i guess it all come down to me just not liking that kind of game, i'm really disappointed because as i said i was really impressed at the beggining, a real shame for me.

I'd still recommend it if you're into that kind of point and click puzzle game, it did show a lot of promise story and character wise !