Others [Yu-RIS Engine] VENUS Game Collection Translation Request

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Hello, [VENUS] circle makes great ntr story games, but they use a very complicated japanese encryption game engine Yu-RIS. I would like to request if any translators out there have already translated any of their games, or if, they have experience doing Yu-RIS Games as I am currently very close to repacking the game.

ToolForYuris 1.19 works for both extracting and repacking any of their games. The problem is that their official SDK cannot repack the games even though they are supposed to work. Or at least on my side it doesn't work.

Other than that they can be run simply through translator++, but translator++ is messing up the export and not allowing the game to launch.

Reactions: baggotswaggot

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.0.

This patch is incomplete and potentially broken, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.
If someone knows how to translate yu-ris stuff properly, please tell me.

Only the basic dialogue is translated, all the script stuff, menus, buttons, etc. are not. (And I do not know how to do that.)
Using that SDK changed the encryption and you can't actually unpack the YPF with any of the normal tools anymore.
I've read in a forum that using the SDK would cause problems in-game, but I've not been able to use any of the other tools like toolsforyuris to repack it.
It always just crashes on startup for me.
So far I've not noticed any (additional) problems.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v24590

This patch is incomplete and potentially broken, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.0

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.0

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v17461

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v18655

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v30166

Last edited:
Reactions: wasd123333

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Using GARbro-Mod-1.0.0.8 for extraction, Translator++4.9.28 for translating, and the yu-ris 0474.008 SDK for packing, I've made an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v32749

Last edited:

tony8705

Oct 17, 2017
Holy shit VENUS game got MTL translated. Thanks man! :love:

Shisaye is it possible you could also translate other VENUS game:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

Those do not use "ypf" containers like the ones I've tried to MTL. They use "xp3" files instead.
I have no idea how to work with those.

Reactions: tony8705

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017

Hey just wanted to let you know nathugami and nathugami plus are not translated fully. I am trying to find a way as to why translator++ is not capturing all of the .ybn text. However, the greatest difficulty we seem to be having is that translator++ is doing something in the background when REpacking .ybn to make it not work. When we repack it, the game gives a License information notice and doesn't start. This has been happening on my pc which I cleaned and wiped. For some reason it works on Shisaye 's PC because he has the magic touch :). But even histranslator++ is not capturing all of the game's text.

Either way, if you could help us find a way to properly repack .ybn files it would help us tremendously translate VENUS games properly. Without a solution, we can't fully translate them.

There is the super inconvenient difficult way of converting everything to .txt format, but I feel we will run into the same problem because when we repack, Yu-RIS engine just really does not like any variation in .ybn files. So it is a huge pain in the ass trying to figure out why the game is rejecting our repacked .ybn file.

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
This is still a huge roadblock in our translation efforts, so if someone in the future who sees this could help us out, we would greatly appreciate it. Until then, we have our hands tied :(

rangabang

May 4, 2021
So far, works fine albiet some parts untranslated

crashes when you try to begin the game, even tried to just go through the recollection but the scenes are left untranslated

has the same issue

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
I'm still open to anyone giving us a solution. We're still unable to capture all the story text and scripts from the .ybn files from those games. At this point it's a dead effort until someone has a working solution.

krinekron

Feb 19, 2018
I'm still open to anyone giving us a solution. We're still unable to capture all the story text and scripts from the .ybn files from those games. At this point it's a dead effort until someone has a working solution.
i unpacked ypf and try ybn..let see, right now i now time , but try open it in Winhex with unicode UTF 16 be

krinekron

Feb 19, 2018
so ybn have XOR encryption and in hex editor with some xor function, we can see a key for decrypted and unpack with help " ExtYbn "

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
so ybn have XOR encryption and in hex editor with some xor function, we can see a key for decrypted and unpack with help " ExtYbn "

I have no idea what any of this means. I'm a noob hacker, but if you can send me all the files I can translate them.

Or rather if you could write a better guide than the one posted, it would be extremely appreciated and I can go ahead and translate all of Venus's games. I've been looking for someone to hack these games properly for months now, so I would really love it if you have a breakthrough.

The guide above is too dificult for me to follow. GARbro doesn't extract all the files properly, and then there's a whole other issue in repacking it as well. The hexcode stuff I have no idea how to do any of that or what it even means, so I had to give up there.

Shisaye was able to extract the first few games properly but the strangest thing is that when we both do it together exactly similarly, my computer is unable to do it, but his is able to. However, it doesn't work for all the games, so there's another roadblock there. Wish .ybn was easier to hack :(

Last edited:
Reactions: baggotswaggot

rangabang

May 4, 2021
Still nothing eh?
Such a shame T.T
Koto plus is soooooo hot compared to koto
Wonder why the method works for koto but not koto plus, seems like it would be the same thing