VN Others Onhold None YuRIS thread, for newbies

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
So, how the fuck do you even go about translating Yuris engine games??
I have a game i want to translate, i already know the .ypf files in the PAC folder have the text strings inside them, but there's no way i can get inside them

I downloaded bunch of stuff, some Yuristools from github, which contained bunch of .cs shit that i couldnt even open, so no idea about using that. There was a supposedly tool that could conver the .ypf files into other .y stuff and then it was supposed to be reparsed or some faggotry like that, but to no avail couldnt make it work,

I just want to access the freaging text, translate it and put it back, i dont care if i have to convert A to B to C to D so i can finally edit the text, i only care the method works

So you guys who have worked before on Yuris engine games, how the fug did you do it??

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
You still interested? I'm working on a TL for a YuRIS engine game and managed to get the text extracted and injected.

I used GARBro tools to extract the ypfs -> vbns
Then I used VNTranslation tools (bundled in BREYURIS tools) to extract the VBNs -> .txt files.
You make your changes, and then use those same VNTranslation tools to recreate the VBNs by injecting the modified .txt files into the original VBNs.
After that I used YPF Manager (bundled in BREYURIS) to get the .ypf encryption info from the original .ypf archive, and use that re-encrypt the VBNs into a .ypf file with the right properties.

Reactions: lemywinks

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
You still interested? I'm working on a TL for a YuRIS engine game and managed to get the text extracted and injected.

I used GARBro tools to extract the ypfs -> vbns
Then I used VNTranslation tools (bundled in BREYURIS tools) to extract the VBNs -> .txt files.
You make your changes, and then use those same VNTranslation tools to recreate the VBNs by injecting the modified .txt files into the original VBNs.
After that I used YPF Manager (bundled in BREYURIS) to get the .ypf encryption info from the original .ypf archive, and use that re-encrypt the VBNs into a .ypf file with the right properties.
im just missing the way to repackage the recreated ybns to encript them again as the original .ypf archive

how did you manage to run the YPF manager? I downloaded it and had to compile, so i used Visual Studio, but i wasnt able to get an executable to run, even when in VS it said "build sucessful", there was nothing in the build folder

im stuck at that step, any help would be greatly appreciated c:

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
well i managed to run it and even recreate the .ypf file, but there is a problem i wasnt able to solve yet

i cannot seem to get the .ypf info from the original file as to recreate it when repackaging. Im missing the yuris version from the original .ypf file, tried to get it with the print function from YPF Manager but i got a "wrong checksum" error or something like that.

I then just tried with a random number just to see if it could be repackaged, so entered 500 and the repack worked, but the game wont work cuz this modded .ypf file i created is using a different .ypf version than all of the other game files, so i guess its incompatible (i got a perma license windows while trying to run the game lol)

do you know another way of guessing .ypf version for repackaging?

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
I used the version of , via the BREYURIS launcher.

Put the original .ypf and the folder of the files to go into the new .ypf inside the YPF Manager directory (make sure they're nested correctly -- e.g., I typically am packing a file called update1.ypf, and inside that is a ysbin folder and inside that is the ybn files -- so in the YPF Manager folder I have "/update1/ysbin/<ysbinfiles>" and I tell it to archive the folder "update1"), enter the original ypf's name into the name field, hit "YPF Info" and it will gather the correct archive info, then type in the folder name and hit "YPF Archive". Should make the archive with the right parameters copied from the YPF Info.

Last edited:

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
how did you manage to run the Breyuris.exe??
im only able to run the components (vntranslation and the ypf manager) through cmd.exe, cuz when i click the breyuris executable i get the "you must install first .net core) error.
I already downloaded the corresponding version (3) of .net core and installed it, but the error still persists, so i cannot use breyuris directly

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
Hmmm it just ran for me, I didn't install anything for it (though as a programmer I have all sorts of .net sdks installed so it could be any of those).

If you run "YPF_Manager.exe -p <archive.ypf>" it seems to set ypfversion.txt in that very directory with the yuris number. Maybe you can try then running "YPF_Manager.exe -c <ybnFolder> -v <version#/ypfversion.txt?>" and it might work?

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
damn i managed to get breyuris to work but now i get this when trying to read the .ypf info :C

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
Hmmm it just ran for me, I didn't install anything for it (though as a programmer I have all sorts of .net sdks installed so it could be any of those).

If you run "YPF_Manager.exe -p <archive.ypf>" it seems to set ypfversion.txt in that very directory with the yuris number. Maybe you can try then running "YPF_Manager.exe -c <ybnFolder> -v <version#/ypfversion.txt?>" and it might work?
yep i already had 6.0 and 8.0 .net, so i just used visual studio installer to install the 3.1 and it worked (the exe from windows webpage wasnt worked for some reason lol)

lemywinks

Apr 22, 2021
ty for your help bro

I finally managed to edit and insert text and making it all work

In the end I used Breyuris to repack (succesfully) the game, I just tried a random number, entered ypf version as 300 and it worked rofl dunno if that was really the error or not

I changed some tools tho, in a second attempt I extracted and reinserted the text files and edits throught the use of OzmafiaScriptThing, and doing what i wrote above it all finally worked

As a side note, when I recreated those steps first,using the VNTextPatch tool instead of the Oz, it didnt work.
Game wont even open. Maybe its a decoding/encoding thingy with VNTextPatch, but i managed to solve it with Oz tool.

I think its good to consider this thread done now

ty again bro

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hannya