Ren'Py Zekopedie [v0.2] [Zekta]

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
Okay, this is not playable. I just hope this thing didn't mine crypto on my pc.

AMRFTY gave great advices if dev is serious about the project, nothing to add here. If not, I suggest turning it into animations. Without text.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AMRFTY

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
I noticed you have placed the narration in the sound (for instance: play sound "1.mp3"). That works fine IF you are not using the built-in TTS utility. I am, and both your speech and the TTS are sounding off together. If you could, use voice instead (i.e. play voice "1.mp3"). When you do, the TTS does not work, Ren'Py knows that there is a sound file displaying instead.

Thx. :)

Zekta

Game Developer
May 15, 2022
I noticed you have placed the narration in the sound (for instance: play sound "1.mp3"). That works fine IF you are not using the built-in TTS utility. I am, and both your speech and the TTS are sounding off together. If you could, use voice instead (i.e. play voice "1.mp3"). When you do, the TTS does not work, Ren'Py knows that there is a sound file displaying instead.

Thx. :)
Hi, i change it to "play voice "1.mp3" and it is not working, how can i disable the TTS?

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, i change it to "play voice "1.mp3" and it is not working, how can i disable the TTS?
:unsure: Yeah, I made the same change after reading your post and the girl's speech did not work. I checked Ren'Py's documentation, and that SHOULD work, but... :confused:

To turn off the TTS, press the V key. If that does not work (does when I am playing the game) press the A key. You will be on the Accessibility dashboard.

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
I figured it out: change it from play sound "1.mp3" to voice "1.mp3" minus the play part. It works, TTS is disabled on that page, and the next, which is still set by play sound "2.mp3", plays both the sound file and TTS. :D