VN - Ren'Py - Zero End [v0.2.4d] [StolenRose]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

THIS OOZES GREATNESS!!

Pros: beautiful renders, writing is top notch and witty, MC is smart (sort of edgy at times) and believable, MC isn't thinking about banging everything that moves or any other creppy inner monologs, music is fire, UI is decent, in-game puzzles are great!!, animations are decent, and LI are cuties!!

Finally, the strongest aspect is the story telling! It's absolutely turning out to be a great plot with awesome branching.

Cons: None. I love puzzles so i loved the minigames as they added to the lore and made me like MC even more.

Verdict: BANGER certified, soon to be a classic. <3 Play must now!

(Insert Palpatine Voice) We will watch your career with great interest....
  2. 5.00 star(s)

_FY_

Zero End is a hall of famer in the making! I honestly can't believe how good this AVN is... Seriously, I am just blown away.

Zero End doesn't spoon-feed the player information about the world they find themselves in right out of the gate, and instead allows you to gradually uncover the layers and solve mysteries about the plot and even the MC himself.

- Dark tone
    - Beautiful characters
    - Amazing writing
    - The music is absolutely fire!
    - Stats system
    - Branching that allows for multiple PTs already if you want to see all the scenes.

I highly recommend supporting Stolen Rose on Patreon. The future is so bright for this developer.

This is going to be one hell of a ride!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

johnman300

Ver 0.0.2c Rating 5*

Extraordinary, as good as it can be for as early as it is. Renders are beautiful, the girls desirable and the story, well its early but seems like its going somewhere I want to visit. The writing is on point. Very self assured. The dev has a very specific viewpoint here that not everyone is gonna like. The MC is very edgelordy, but in a funny way. He's not a total unlikable dork. The barebones of the story so far isn't horribly original, but its well done. The world has had a lot of thought put into it.

There are several lewds, and some are harder to get than others, but all are well done. Your choices in the game seem to matter, but very early game splits that provide lots of replay-ability, at the expense of a LOT of extra work on the dev's side. This is gonna be a really complicated game before to long. Very ambitious.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this all goes. I'm normally loathe to give something so early a 5*, but this is deserving of it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

server404

This is very good so far. Music is good and all the characters are pretty unique. I like how Brandon seems like the typical "dumb best friend" character but is actually aware of the magic around him and is a trained fighter. Apparently some people kinda don't like the edginess but I kinda like it. I also like how Caleb is an edgelord but he and Brandon is fully aware of it, not a lot of stories with edgy chracters really do that. Not much else I can say really, looking forward to the next update.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MrPles4nt

Gawddamn its rare to play a first release and be this blown away, don't even want to spoil anything the start is that good.

This already feels up there with Eternum/BADIK for me quality wise, will be watching this one for sure

Renders, Music, Writing, Mechanics all very promising, easy 5 stars
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Oboba

Just finished playing it, dude all the little details that can be found in this game is so exciting, with enough time this could be up there with greats ngl.
    Mc is edgy and does not shy away from brooding but at the same time he doesnt take his edginess too seriously and is aware of it.
    He is strong and smart but not too much.
    Mc's best friend is kinda like derek from being a dik on surface level kinda dumb but as you unveil him theres more to him, both intellectually and as a character.
    People that you meet in this game are all weirdo compared to real life but that's both explained and mentioned in the game and serves it's intended purpose.
    AND, this is a big one, game actually rewards you for not choosing some questionable sexy times with really fishy characters, which makes for more captivating story to expirience.

Edit: the music is great, fits in every scene and most if not all music that is currently is in the game I have not heard be used in any other games that I have played.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

fqsh25

This is the kind of game that you eagerly want to know what happens next, but don't want to get to the end of it too soon. I end up replayed it just to see the consequences of different options. Hope more surprise awaits me in later updates.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

IamKhronos

Awesome game so far, not over the top models(nothing wrong with that but a nice change of "scenery" ) love the dark story and the kinds of possibilities you could go in with its direction.

the music is amazing as well, fits perfectly with the dark-supernatural theme.

keep creating the game as you see fit and dont add things to it cause of demands if it doesn't fit your style or current game.

also fuck yes to girls who look like they could kill you in your sleep. just my kind lmao. keep it up.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

jkjkjkjkjk

Awesome start to a game. The mystery element is fantastic as there is enough to give you ideas but also leave a lot to the imagination. The LI are cool and will be doing multiple playthroughs as I like the idea of focusing on one at a time. It will also be necessary as choices really do make a difference, which is fantastic, and it will be interesting to see how different routes play out.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

PJWhoopie

Pleasantly Surprised with this one.
    Renders and Lighting really fit the mood of the story.

Ain't gonna lie... I went into the game with the expectation that I wasn't going to like it, and that it may be "trying to hard".

I was wrong, enjoyed it, and was slightly disappointed when the current version ended as it left me wanting more.

Its probably a niche within a niche, but that is a breath of fresh air vs all the "18 year old x family member died so I will build a harem with my 25" penis"

The only thing that is really disappointing is that there are a few folks that might skip the game just because that can't change the MC's name.

You my friends, are REALLY missing out.

Give this one a shot, methinks it is going to be an awesome ride.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

lewinlight

The story is by far the most interesting one I've read in some time. Character designs are great and the amount of content is satisfying for a first release. Even in the first release dev managed to install some sense of mystery into the story. The choices could have slightly more effect on the story though.
    Godspeed Dev
  12. 5.00 star(s)

DABOMB00

This looks like it has a lot of potential. The story semms to be very interesting of course this is only v.0.1 but i think this game has already captured me.
    I really like the eerie and dark setting the foreshadowed mysteries and the magic. It looks really interesting and well written. There is quite the number of stats so well see how that will really play out. So far it looks nice with the choices giving you experince points on certain stats. It will be interesting to see if you will have to really try and pick the right choices to focus on certain stats or if you can just go with the flow.
    The renders look nice and the music and sound is really well chosen. Im looking forward to seeing more its definetly worth playing.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Amonvonbon

Really good start.
    Good, unique renders. The grammar and English is readable for sure no engrish which is nice. The Dialogue is good so far nothing super cringe nothing hbo worthy though. Story seems interesting so far, it's early days but its setting up a mystery so we'll have to see later.. Probably going to be more romance then harem so if you're into that check it out.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

ghosthog

One of the better starts to a game here (v 0.0.1c). The MC is edgy/serious without taking himself too seriously. His design is one of the few I find not douche looking, though that will depend on tastes I suppose.

The females all seem unique both in design (aren’t your standard Daz designs) and character development. This is clearly not intended to be a harem game, not sure if there will be any combo routes or not. And hopefully no more LIs are introduced as 4 to 6 is more than enough.

The writing is good, with great pacing, style, and it’s very readable English.

The plot is interesting though not groundbreaking. It’s a good mix of mysterious MC background, ex love interest possibly, magic—seems a world where many know there is magic but it also seems hidden from many and the setting is college where dark things are happening. The only stretch for me is getting the MC go to a school he didn’t even apply for or seem interested in. I get that he’s curious but idk; it’s like being a female at an airbnb agreeing to share it with an unknown man, who does that?

Not sure it’s fair to compare yet but I got vibes of Summer’s Gone but with magical and darker world (this is good imo).

Overall I’d say a 4.5 start, but rounding to 5 for a change rather than down like I normally do.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Thasic

Reviewed the initial release, v0.0.1c

Excellent beginning. Very interesting and engaging story. Not too much wordy exposition. Just enough writing to get across the story. Graphics are very good. No real animation but that doesn't detract from the VN too much. Interesting characters. Lots of intrigue and mystery. Looking forward to an update.

Updated review version 0.0.02c
    The author does not disappoint with this update. Every bit as good as the original.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

JB08

Off to a good start. Characters are unique looking so dont expect to see someone similar from another game. Lots of music that pair well with whats happening, really adds to the immersion. Plot is well done and vey intriguing, lot of choices to be made and paths being set up and the girls so far are really nice. MC doesnt look weird or anything too. For a first release, I was very impressed. Looking forward to more.