rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018

A Gothic Transformation!
Refreshing Leslie and the MC was nice but I felt like Rachel was left out from the original trio sooo... Scarlett was able to get another bust refresh in!
== Two More...? ==
This time, I THINK this will likely be last bust refresh haha! The other two character who I feel like could maybe use a touch up are Caroline & Natasha but I don't know how much people want to see that and it may start cutting it close to the final release day that I want to aim for. From Ashley & beyond, I think the characters have slowly transitioned into Scarlett's current look with characters like Professor Ann so that's where the stopping point would be.
Let me know your guys' thoughts: should I look into Caroline and/or Natasha getting refreshed? It's so addicting to keep seeing each character get that new transformation from Scarlett!
== Rachel ==
I'm very happy with how Rachel's redesign turned out. She appears a bit taller (just shorter than Leslie) and gains a subtle sex appeal while still posing in a stand-off'ish manner. I hope you all like it! I've been getting some mixed feedback on prior refreshes which is a bummer to hear but at the same time I've come to expect that. Everyone has different tastes so each decision will make some happy and others not. I think when you re-play through ZR and see these newer busts in the game it will start to feel more natural.
== Update Progress ==
Progress on the final update is going smooth, however there is a LOT I still need to get done. I think meeting the late Oct date is still possible but I will update you all ASAP if I feel I need more time!
That's all for this update- thank you all so much for your support and I will see you soon with more teasers/updates!

Skimming through the last few pages I honestly have to disagree with a bunch of people. I have played this game when the life guard was either teased or released for the first time and haven't touched it since then, i.e. I'm not as attached as the people I disagree with. I love all the new sprites/busts/tachie. I'd even pay extra for a gold version with all scenes redone to fit Scarlett's current style. This is just night and day and I'm so excited to get the full game!!
Oh good grief no. This needs to stop. I seriously can't implore more how much I dislike these changes. They were completely unnecessary. Hopefully the dev will give the option to choose between the two art styles original and the new one so people get to play with their preference.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well from what it sounds like the patrion;s are pushing for the new art style. i liked it when the dev made there choices. the people paying cangive there opinion but they were paying the dev to make there game not to tell them how to make it lol.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
well from what it sounds like the patrion;s are pushing for the new art style. i liked it when the dev made there choices. the people paying cangive there opinion but they were paying the dev to make there game not to tell them how to make it lol.
Whoa whoa whoa, if what you are saying is true then I am gonna make multiple accounts and subscribe to him at the lowest amount and kindly ask him for more Zombie Sex.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Rize

justin4894

Apr 23, 2020
I like this game, it's very similar than Zombie's Life, but with much better art and .... design. The developers of this game have more quality.

Last edited:

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
I like all the new busts a lot. The girls filled in nicely. They also fit with all of the other girls from the mid-point and beyond now, and just make things more consistent from an artistic point of view. It more so shows the improvement of Scarlet as an artist from her AZL day and other works and even the art done to this very game. It's not like ToP where the art and style (and artist(s)) had been consistently inconsistent and got worse and or farther away from the initial style as it went on (I already have an essay on the ToP thread about that) but instead here the stills got nicer and nicer (and okay, fair, the 'animation' stayed relatively the same and only mildly improved. But there's only so much you can do with a fully rendered style without killing yourself over a few frames.) I will say that MC is a bit more meek looking in the face than our initial boy, but it's not as bad as the MC style-redesign parade that games like Sex Note had.
The girls look great, especially our girl in wonderfully rendered flannel. MC really just needs to lose the vest. It's the thing that's actually dragging him down. The face and hair, mixed with the gloves and stance work fine, but the aforementioned vest and vest design make him look somehow weaker.

If ZR2 still has Scarlet as the lead arist, then this style is most likely going to be the style of all busts and general animation going forward. All of the post game content as I see it has essentially just been preparation and practice for the sequel, including getting an 'improved' visual identity cemented for later use.

Reactions: Chrinkyi

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I feel like people are being unfair towards the dev and the new art. The new redesigns are more in sync with new characters like jessie and ann. The art for MC also doesn't look bad.
The same could also be said for the players who have supported or followed this game from the start for over 2 years. A lot of us who followed it for that time fell in love with the original art design so to change it kind of feels like a punch in the gut. That is why some proposed that he allow an option in game to set which artwork you want to play with similar to a costume change. That way those who like the old designs can continue with that and those that like the new ones continue playing with those. This would also let new players choose which ones they like as well.

As for being in sync with other characters that isn't always a good thing. Having them look different brings more uniqueness to the characters.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
I have updated the gallery mod. This updates the mod to work with the PC version 1.1.0. I decided to remove the restriction to have the main game finished before accessing the mod rooms. Now when you gain access to the in game gallery room you will have access to the mod rooms. In order to get the in game gallery you need to kill all of the zombies in the Recreation Camp. When you do you will see a sparkle next to the TV. This will give you video game console. Now when you examine the console now found in your bedroom it will take you to the gallery. The mod areas can be reached by examining the crystals.

However some of the content will be unavailable until you have unlocked the scene or costumes naturally in game. In addition I have added the ability to view the photo you get from Jessie's bag in the scene replay room. I have also added more clarification when selecting Ann's scenes in the scene replay room.

Installing this mod also includes the title mod. If you run into any problems please let me know.

Gallery mod only works with the official PC release. Compressed versions may cause errors.

HOW TO INSTALL

1. Extract the contents of the zip.
2. There should be a folder called www.
3. Move/copy the www into the the main game folder. (The same place as the exe)
4. If you get a message about files with the same name. Select replace all duplicate files.
5. That is it the mod should be installed. When you enter the in game gallery you should see 2 crystals. Those will take you to the mod areas.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
from my point of view, it's not because siren doesn't want to keep the art style, instead it's because scarlett ann's art style has changed, she can no longer produce drawings with older style.
anyway, i'm gonna keep a backup of 0.16 just in case legacy version is scrapped.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well i don't dilike the new art and it is up to them what they do so i just go with it. my statment was to just try to com the ice alittle tho. plues from other game's i have heard patrion's say that the dev should listen to them because there paying them. but it is the dev's game is what i tell them his plain not there's i now that makes them mad probly lol.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
from my point of view, it's not because siren doesn't want to keep the art style, instead it's because scarlett ann's art style has changed, she can no longer produce drawings with older style.
anyway, i'm gonna keep a backup of 0.16 just in case legacy version is scrapped.
Good idea. That's what I did with Summertime Saga 0.14.5 (the latest old version - when Mom was still Mom, Aunt was still Aunt, Jenny was still Sis, and, most of all, we still had the old Jenny scenes).

Reactions: kkholis

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
There has been a lot discussion about the updated art so let me here is my two cents. I think the new art is fine. If anything it makes things more consistent. Technically the updated art was add awhile ago. Leslie's standing portrait and her portrait at the pool party or Caroline's handjob and blowjob scene with any of her other scenes. But in the end the only thing that is being changed is the standing art not the scenes themselves. So I don't think it that big of deal. Besides this will be for when Zombie Retreat 2 comes out as the art will be more in line with what is currently available.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
But wouldn't it just be a simple case of switching out the standing model for the two versions? Those are the ones that people have an issue with. That way people can just play the one they want and still leave open the possibilities of new scenes. The dev could even do the same for ZR2 with the two art styles, that those who are familiar with the original one and prefer it won't feel too out of place in the next game and those who like the new art style can still have it.

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes