LittleVexy

Jan 3, 2018
The artist has a unique style, which is what makes some of these artists good.
That's true. But I feel like the unique style also takes away from these games, as it makes each one of these games look exactly the same, and leads to confusion that Zombie Retreat is somehow a successor to Zombie Life... which it is not.

It would be good to see the artist vary the style for each game, so that each game is unique on its own.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
It would be good to see the artist vary the style for each game, so that each game is unique on its own.
Sort of my point, its the fact that the 2D Artists limit themselves by creating the same shaped characters, the faces, bodies, they draw up the same model but add different hair, eye color, clothing, makeup ect. It's really prevalent in all the 3d based art seen in Reny'py or VN games, including RPG.

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread! Did Nergal create another Zombie game, or redo the entire A Zombies Life story. I understand using certain artists out of loyalty, and because its going to cost far less money then getting another 2d artist to create unique character art, but they should be more open to just doing things differently usually even the ones that have a varying style can be call out by name without having they're signature signed to the art.

Homine

Jan 2, 2018
OMG SCARLETANN AND RPG YET AGAIN
MY LIFE IS NEAR COMPLETION
I LOVE YOU N I LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU

Last edited:
Reactions: Axer Hell

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
There is certainly a Zombies life vibe from this game, without even looking at game and just watching few minutes of video on first page, can clearly see that.

the characters look very similar as well, which same graphic designer , ScarlettAnn is good but doesn't seem to be much variety in there art work.

the mum in this looks exactly like zombies life mom, and the sister looks like the Aunt from Zombies life.

However, zombies life is my fave adult game and I do enjoy zombie stuff, so I certainly interested in this and will give it a go.

willcarlton77

Jul 13, 2017
Can anyone provide a save file just after the naming of characters to get past the TypeError bug?
That error is the most annoying ever. Thanks.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
well I played game and was disappointed with lack of content in this, considering small amount of content, it suggests each new release is going be small, which would not go well for developer.

There no melee system, so make sure you got bullets, can actually craft stuff for free at workshop , well actually the game states you buy it from your own workshop, which is weird.

The basement and graphics look very similar to zombies life, I know the characters where done by ScarlettAnn, but it seems much of the same graphics from zombies life has been used.

To be fair, developer has stated on there patreon page, that game was started during Nergals down time from gaming, and game was inspired by zombies life.

developer got some way to go before this game really capture my interest though.

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
well I played game and was disappointed with lack of content in this, considering small amount of content, it suggests each new release is going be small, which would not go well for developer.

There no melee system, so make sure you got bullets, can actually craft stuff for free at workshop , well actually the game states you buy it from your own workshop, which is weird.

The basement and graphics look very similar to zombies life, I know the characters where done by ScarlettAnn, but it seems much of the same graphics from zombies life has been used.

To be fair, developer has stated on there patreon page, that game was started during Nergals down time from gaming, and game was inspired by zombies life.

developer got some way to go before this game really capture my interest though.
It's the first release and this a side-project; the dev is working on a bigger game most of the time.

"Buying" is just a temporary word, you obviously make everything.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
It's the first release and this a side-project; the dev is working on a bigger game most of the time.

"Buying" is just a temporary word, you obviously make everything.
yeah just pointing out a very tiny bug , barely a bug at all but does need changed to crafting.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
why you want a save of a game that literally only last 5-10 minutes atm?
takes longer to dl and implement than to play the game yourself

Reactions: N7
4.40 star(s) 117 Votes