Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Hey, this looks nice. I am not big on "child MC" stuff, but at least this kid seems to be a lot older than the one in AZL, who looked like hwas 7 years old.
haha, then you get a disclaimer before the main game menu loads up "all characters are 18 and over"

MonkeyZero

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly, I like Town of Passion much better. It has been running longer and so has more content and story to it. A Zombies Life is cool and all, and it is apparent this is a sort of love letter to that, but the art style is a little off-putting at times. That Bath scene with "Mom" and how her arm looks off the scale is a key offender in my opinion.

Siren's Domain has actually made pretty strong and fully intentional reference to "A Zombies life" with giving "Mom" a bottle of wine to make her diddle her bits at night. One of the core mechanics in getting special scenes with the ladies in "A Zombies Life" so why not make a game about zombies as a side project.

I don't really think it's fair to compare these with each other. Either Town vs. Retreat or Retreat vs. Life. it's clear that Siren is a fan. And that is okay in my book. after all, AZL is on a big hiatus for a long while, maybe coming back new soon but I'm not holding my breath.

As for the two patreon accounts. I actually very cool with it. I can support the one without having to support the other. In my case, while I don't exactly think the latest Zombie Retreat game is mature enough to my liking, I am willing to support both for about $3 a month. Just waiting for the next Retreat Drop to see If I'll keep my support at 3 for both or drop retreat to about a buck and bump up Town of Passion to its next level.

While the character may be small and young. The MCs in either of these games are not Children. They are also fictional so whatever. Just wimpy looking dude with giant tools.

From what I have read and can figure. Pregnancy is a goal of both of these games, but I can't be 100% sure of that. I guess we'll see one way or the other...

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I download Zombie Retreat but really did play it, I got about 8 min of play. It seems to be a copy of A Zombie's Life. Nergal (the maker of AZL) up and quit with no real explanation other then 'personal'. I just wonder if Siren wanted to do a sort of remake, Nergal claimed that he would be willing to allow someone else to finish or even continue with UD and AZL, but I know of a few dev who tried but couldn't get him to answer.

Nergal is back if you go on his Patreon site it is active again. However it is going to be awhile before he releases AZL as he has claimed, he wants a redo of the game, to add more content, puzzles, graphics ect......

There's another game on here Town Of Passion, and The Manor, that have the same type of scenes, AZL and Zombie Retreat have it seems to be a theme with too many devs.

sentenz

Sep 21, 2017
You clearly don't know anything about making a game. Can't imagine you play many also.
If i know about game developement or not has nothing to do with my personal opinion as a consumer. For me 2 Months are too long and that is a fact, if you like it or not.. and you know why? Because i actually play alot of "these" games and i see the content that is added each update on average and in most cases it stands in no relation to the time it took the dev to make it. But feel free to continue to assume and imagine things so you can throw random accusations around. I will just continue to voice my opinion where i feel it's needed.

Reactions: dussalant

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
If i know about game developement or not has nothing to do with my personal opinion as a consumer. For me 2 Months are too long and that is a fact, if you like it or not.. and you know why? Because i actually play alot of "these" games and i see the content that is added each update on average and in most cases it stands in no relation to the time it took the dev to make it. But feel free to continue to assume and imagine things so you can throw random accusations around. I will just continue to voice my opinion where i feel it's needed.
Except your input is meaningless because it takes a fair amount of time to code, bug test and also get the art for a game. Not to mention this dev is actually working on 2 games at a time, so there is that to factor into at least to some extent.

If you want a game of actual decent quality, it takes time. Churning out boring flecks of gameplay on the regular might mean that you come back more often, but you don't get more and what you do get is lower quality.

Reactions: dussalant

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Girls, girls, you're broth marginally above average so can we get back to the real posting now?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sentenz

Sep 21, 2017
Except your input is meaningless because it takes a fair amount of time to code, bug test and also get the art for a game. Not to mention this dev is actually working on 2 games at a time, so there is that to factor into at least to some extent.

If you want a game of actual decent quality, it takes time. Churning out boring flecks of gameplay on the regular might mean that you come back more often, but you don't get more and what you do get is lower quality.
You really don't get it, do you? As i said before.. i do it again: It's my personal opinion. You are free to see it as meaningless or not see it's meaning at all, others may think different. The fact that you mentioned the dev working on 2 games to defend him shows that you really have no idea that this is actually a bad thing. Let me give you a hint in just a few words so you may be able to understand: Working on 2 things = taking too long. Taking too long = bad.

I won't even start with all the cashgrab devs (not saying is one), stalling production and working on multiple games without finishing even one of those until they vanish into thin air.

Have a nice day.

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
You really don't get it, do you? As i said before.. i do it again: It's my personal opinion. You are free to see it as meaningless or not see it's meaning at all, others may think different. The fact that you mentioned the dev working on 2 games to defend him shows that you really have no idea that this is actually a bad thing. Let me give you a hint in just a few words so you may be able to understand: Working on 2 things = taking too long. Taking too long = bad.

I won't even start with all the cashgrab devs (not saying is one), stalling production and working on multiple games without finishing even one of those until they vanish into thin air.

Have a nice day.
Just because it's your personal opinion doesn't mean I can't tell you it's wrong. And as for the 2 games, most of the time issues with that are solely regarding the artists, not the dev himself.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I respect how you feel about update cycles, keep in mind Siren has Town Of Passion, and apparently (tho it seems to be a rumor) a third game. I believe Siren is an artist so there's probably a list of artwork commissions for other people!

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
I respect how you feel about update cycles, keep in mind Siren has Town Of Passion, and apparently (tho it seems to be a rumor) a third game. I believe Siren is an artist so there's probably a list of artwork commissions for other people!
Siren is not an artist, he's the writer and programmer. But the artists who do work on the games do have things like that to consider.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Siren is not an artist, he's the writer and programmer. But the artists who do work on the games do have things like that to consider.
Your right I read the Patron post wrong he has an artist commissioning the art. I think its the artists name is Scarlett?

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes