• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Thank you for letting me know this. Some people also encounter this issue, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps I should remove that image from the exe file or replace it with something else.
Thanks for the reply. Well I didn't have the false positive happen when I played your title. But with regards to placing an image into your exe, most other titles just stick with the Ren'Py default image that comes with the using their engine. Though, I'm wondering that issue could be happening more with using the compressed versions? :unsure:

And to be honest with you, I don't think anyone cares if there is an image injected into the Ren'Py executable. Most care about the kink content, and the quality of the story.

And for me it was a good story, for a first release. It would be good though...if there was a textbox and opacity slider added for players who have issues with their sight.

And here are a few images of a few changes that I did to my version of your game. (I extracted the game files and edited the gui.rpy file. Added a universal textbox slider, changed the default textbox, and changed the game menu image so I could see the settings better.) The only issue I had was seeing the name while changing from Leo to my desired name. But it was not a big deal, just backspace and then blindly enter my desired name, then hit enter.

An FYI...I am not a Ren'Py coder, so the textbox mod alone with the changes I made to the GUI file, correctly position the dialog text. Without that textbox mod, the text is a huge mess...so the GUI file definitely needs real coding.

I also added a few mods for my play through...added the 0x52_URM tool, and the Universal Choice Descriptor mod (which both can display on screen what's behind most of the story choices).

Regards,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope these changes help with ideas.
Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lyngame

Lyngame

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2023
Thanks for the reply. Well I didn't have the false positive happen when I played your title. But with regards to placing an image into your exe, most other titles just stick with the Ren'Py default image that comes with the using their engine. Though, I'm wondering that issue could be happening more with using the compressed versions? :unsure:

And to be honest with you, I don't think anyone cares if there is an image injected into the Ren'Py executable. Most care about the kink content, and the quality of the story.

And for me it was a good story, for a first release. It would be good though...if there was a textbox and opacity slider added for players who have issues with their sight.

And here are a few images of a few changes that I did to my version of your game. (I extracted the game files and edited the gui.rpy file. Added a universal textbox slider, changed the default textbox, and changed the game menu image so I could see the settings better.) The only issue I had was seeing the name while changing from Leo to my desired name. But it was not a big deal, just backspace and then blindly enter my desired name, then hit enter.

An FYI...I am not a Ren'Py coder, so the textbox mod alone with the changes I made to the GUI file, correctly position the dialog text. Without that textbox mod, the text is a huge mess...so the GUI file definitely needs real coding.

I also added a few mods for my play through...added the 0x52_URM tool, and the Universal Choice Descriptor mod (which both can display on screen what's behind most of the story choices).

Regards,

I hope these changes help with ideas.
Regards.
I truly appreciate your help and suggestions. I will incorporate them in the next update.

Aaron371

Jul 19, 2023
I just played through this so i'll give my thoughts while it's fresh in my mind,

So the biggest and most glaring issue for this game is that the dialogue is really unnatural, there's also alot of the same issues that new devs seem to have but in this case some of these might be linked to a lack of understanding of the english language.

I'll give an example,

First Let's make this more natural

The second problem with this dialogue is it's placement, this is critical mission info why is it only being told to the team on request? Considering this is supposed to be a team of prodigies, Violet should show better leadership and planning qualities, it's all well and good to tell us that Violet is the Leader of this team but it's never shown to us at any point. This same problem is true for the other characters aswell, they don't actually show their skills, we are just presented with a pretty face and a backstory, even the main character is undeveloped and has no thought to his actions besides "Ooga pretty face booba Bawow!", considering you are making a visual novel it's all well and good to have the Visual part down but if you don't have the Novel part figured out then what's the point.

I don't want this to be too negative so I will say that I think that your visuals are good not exceptional but good and you actually bothered to spend at least some time tinkering with sound which is more than most new dev's. I also only encountered one bug which was an error where Violet says mc instead of the leo/chosen name.

Anyway you need to get the writing sorted somehow or there's basically no point here you could have god level visuals and sound design but if the dialogue is illegible then it doesn't matter.

My advice would be to focus on improving your writing and grasp on the english language before continuing since your other core skills don't seem to be a problem.

Reactions: Lyngame
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes