Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
That would be kinda boring.

Whilst that kinda shit is great in real life (catching up with old friends that have moved on in life can be a great fun, laughing about old time and all that), in this game, where we (the player) have not yet established an affinity with Zoey, the interest in bringing her back is not the past, but the future i.e. I don't care that the mc fucked her when he was a kid, we want to fuck her now.

I agree completely. Her coming back to the game can bring some complications, but they have to be fun complications. Her coming back with a boyfriend is not a fun complication, it's a meaningless addition to the game.

Example of fun complications:

The complication: Jade having a domestic with her husband, yelling at each other through a locked door.​
The fun: The mc was fucking her doggy style the whole time. :sneaky:
The complication: The mc hiding under a table trying no to be found by Tybalt.​
The fun: He was balls deep in Cammy's ass. :sneaky:
The complication: The mc couldn't find Quinn or Sage at the prep party.​
The fun: Mel and Sarah were polishing his cock while Heather watched on, diddling herself. :oops:
The complication: The mc had to play tennis with Tybalt to interrupt his date with Jill.​
The fun: Tybalt's face and balls were destroyed by the end. :ROFLMAO:
The complication: Maya is a lesbian.​
The fun: She's a lesbian that likes the mc's cock. :unsure:
The complication: Jill is a virgin.​
The fun: Not anymore. :sneaky:

Now compare this to the idea of Zoey coming to visit with her boyfriend.

The complication: Zoey returns with a boyfriend.​
The fun: Going back and playing the first 8 episode again...​

Like others are saying. It's not about being jealous, it's about her having nothing to add to the story if she's with anther guy. She was a significant person in the mc's life. Her showing up with another guy just seems so boring...
That's it exactly.
And I just don't think DPC has the bravery to make these two a couple because he needs players to be very interested in Zoey in order to create drama back at B&R when she arrives. Giving her a San Diego boyfriend (current or ex) will cause half the players to check out and just focus on their existing B&R harem. It would be much more DPC-like to make Mr. Baldy gay and just have zoey lez out all over San Diego. Interlude is probably going to be boring conversations about feelings, surfing mini games, and a small measure of scissoring.

DPC has to do something significant to make players become emotionally invested in zoey's arc at B&R. Something to do with Neil? Some new piece of information regarding MC's past? Something completely unforeseen? Don't know, but as it stands right now, the only people who are interested in Zoey are those who just want to fuck a blue-haired tatted chick. I haven't heard any interest in her other than wanting to get some naked time with her. A fuck and forget character right now unless DPC can dial up the drama. Zoey lags far beyond the other LIs who have actually had time for investment beyond jsut lewd scenes.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
That's it exactly.
And I just don't think DPC has the bravery to make these two a couple because he needs players to be very interested in Zoey in order to create drama back at B&R when she arrives. Giving her a San Diego boyfriend (current or ex) will cause half the players to check out and just focus on their existing B&R harem. It would be much more DPC-like to make Mr. Baldy gay and just have zoey lez out all over San Diego. Interlude is probably going to be boring conversations about feelings, surfing mini games, and a small measure of scissoring.

DPC has to do something significant to make players become emotionally invested in zoey's arc at B&R. Something to do with Neil? Some new piece of information regarding MC's past? Something completely unforeseen? Don't know, but as it stands right now, the only people who are interested in Zoey are those who just want to fuck a blue-haired tatted chick. I haven't heard any interest in her other than wanting to get some naked time with her. A fuck and forget character right now unless DPC can dial up the drama. Zoey lags far beyond the other LIs who have actually had time for investment beyond jsut lewd scenes.
Yeah, some people are just fucking weird like that.
Kellerman is so obsessed with red hair, he sees blue as the enemy, :cry:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
All of the other characters' stories mattered at the time. But like all problems, once they are resolved, they don't matter anymore. But not all problems were equal:
  • Chad was an issue until he wasn't.
  • Tybalt was only ever just a speed bump.
  • Bella's story hasn't unfolded yet, I still think we're in for something unsettling with her.
The fact that they were mostly resolved without too much misery is a good thing. We don't need the issues to be so great that they scar the characters for life, at least not yet. We're still supposed to be enjoying the story.

But at the same time, if Zoey turns up and she's just got more problems for the mc to solve, that will be annoying. Her advantage will be there's gonna be an hour dedicated to her story, so by the end of it we may feel more inclined to accept her.
in fact they were all bombs that were defused well before they exploded.

when Sage kept telling us that she still felt like Chad's girlfriend (a pretty terrible situation for MC) we already knew that Chad was not interested in her at all, so besides considering Sage a poor fool what do we have to worry about?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That doesn't make any sense. More content in less time = more money in less time. Not to mention that the game is also being sold on Steam. After season 2 released on Steam it got the biggest record in players ingame - the first record was upon release of the first season on Steam, that is around 1100 players, after season 2 released it got 5700 players. The lowest playercount was in around the middle of between the release of the two seasons where player count hit less than 150 players.
if instead of 6 months it would take him 4 months to make the next chapter, why should he earn more money?

from patreon he would have practically the same money, a few more donations, but i don't think there would be a substantial difference

he would anticipate the release on Steam... ok, but it's not more money, it's anticipated money, between the first and second season his numbers have improved even there, instead of cashing in 2 years he would cash in a year and a half. some more sales maybe, but nothing shocking

and to all this you have to take away how much he should be paying to associates.

the only scenario in which it would suit him and should he no longer feel like it, in that case he would be fine with earning less, which is always better than nothing despite the inertia of patreon.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Looking at Zoey’s face, I’m gonna say her boyfriend was abusive and she’s had to escape to the mc to save herself.

The boyfriend will follow her and the mc will have to beat him up, finally putting his martial arts to the test in a serious battle rather than just all the scuffles he gets into.

Zoey will be so appreciative that she will throw herself once again at the mc, causing confusion in his new relationship with his chosen LI.

Either that, or she’s trying to sneak out a fart… :unsure:
to me he seems much more concerned than she does....

That Zoey was the one beating her partner....

or he knows Zoey's terrible farts....:oops:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Something that could be interesting if Zoey does have a tag along from her time on the coast (boyfriend or not)… the MC’s dynamic with her and her friends could be flipped from what it usually is.

MC has been the “poor” kid for a lot of the game. It’s how DPC defines him relative to everyone else in the blurb for the game. It isn’t the be all and end all of his personality but there’s a certain dynamic with most of the cast (Maya/Josy, not so much).

If Zoey turns up with nothing and bring along friends equally with “nothing” the MC would suddenly be the “privileged” one. Dude has a fairly spectacular living situation relative to a bunch of beach bums. A literal mansion, a room unlike anything anyone else on campus has. The almost absolute loyalty of his frat. A stunning girlfriend (or enough gorgeous fuck buddies to field a rugby team)… there could be some mileage in Zoey thinking the MC has changed. She knows him as a poor outcast. They bonded over that… she was basically his only friend if I recall correctly. His future is (choice permitting) looking bright too. Engineering degree and close personal ties with some incredibly powerful people?

Maybe Zoey spins this whole thing on its head and she’s the alternative to “being a DIK”. He chose college over her once. Maybe that choice can come back around.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

In this second part of the Q&A, I will answer your questions about game development. You can find the first part of the Q&A if you missed it. Once again, thank all of you for your questions. I tried answering as many as I could.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020

In this second part of the Q&A, I will answer your questions about game development. You can find the first part of the Q&A if you missed it. Once again, thank all of you for your questions. I tried answering as many as I could.
:KEK: Will there be a pirates Q&A session?
giphy (3).gif

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
If Zoey rocked up pregnant to some other dude and expected the mc (or his dad) to help, that would just suck the fun out of this game.
Welp I for one would love to see her face when I slam the door shut right in front of her... it would be funny :ROFLMAO:
But in all honesty... do friends split like she did ? :oops: ( not necessarily fuck buddies just plain old friends... ) If the answer is NO then WTF does she expect turning up with " her problems " ? :eek::KEK:

• Sad
Reactions: drooopy and shazba

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Mate, it's ginger, let's get the terminology correct!
It's been called a "redhead" for much longer and when the term "ginger" was first introduced it was even more for yellow-brown haired people (like the root it's named after)....
Also i think the term ginger is mostly used in english language, most other languages just use their version of red hair ;)

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021

He's right,Nika best girl.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
It's been called a "redhead" for much longer and when the term "ginger" was first introduced it was even more for yellow-brown haired people (like the root it's named after)....
Also i think the term ginger is mostly used in english language, most other languages just use their version of red hair ;)
That minimalist description is for uncultured heathens. Ginger provides the full connotation of freckles and milky white skin, not just the hair.

This is a ginger..

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes