TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Something that annoys me in this game is the money system, I've never got any money and why do all the girls seem to want to charge for sex at all the parties, I've got a cheque for $5000 and none of it is usable, so it makes you wonder what was the point of it, might as well have just given the MC the rest of the inheritance and not even bother with the $5k.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
So it looks like we are almost halfway through the story, I know we still have years of BADIK but reading already about the length and ending of the story gets me a little sad.

I'm so fond of the characters, the story, the moments that the game has brought us, the setting... everything. The bittersweet feeling when the end comes will be very heavy.

Reactions: Jimmy90

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

DIKs!

Right now, I'm mostly working on Steam beta testing, bug fixing, etc.

But I'm also using my PCs by posing and rendering animations for the next update.

I'm polishing the walkthrough and releasing it to the Major DIK tiers and above this weekend.

Today, I want to talk about what's coming up in Season 3.

If you haven't played episode 8 yet. Please, stop reading right now, as you will get spoiled.

I would even advise you not to read my future posts until you have played and finished episode 8.

Spoilers are incoming below this sentence.

So, what is the plan for Season 3?

As you saw from reaching the end of Season 2, Episode 9 is not the next update that I will release.

Right now, we have reached an approximate midpoint of the main story.

Where we are right now, I have planned for a special part of the game that I have chosen to call "Interlude - Riding the Waves".

An interlude is a short story in the middle of an ongoing story, and that's what's next for Being a DIK.

Season 3 will start with this shorter interlude, and after that, Episode 9 will continue where you left off.

I will release the interlude before episode 9. This gives you some more Being a DIK content faster, and it also gives a perfect opportunity to make sure that the save transfers from Season 2 to Season 3 works for all of your games.

I wanted to manage your expectations for what the next release means in terms of development and content by telling you this.

The interlude won't be as long as the previous episodes have been, and it will primarily be focused on story events, not lewd content.

It's a shorter piece of the story that's too big to be handled within an episode and focused on story events that I want to tell in a certain way.

I hope that this will come to mean that the upcoming development cycle will be shorter as well. Both the planned animation and render count won't be near what you've seen recently from me.

That said, I know that the interlude will speak for itself and be both satisfying and worth playing for any fan of the game.

I will have more information about the interlude later and tease it more with previews and status updates.

After the interlude has been released on Patreon, it will be full speed ahead with episode 9 development.

Season 3 as a whole will feel fresh and fun; I have big plans for it.

I appreciate your support, and I hope you will enjoy the journey ahead on your chosen roads.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
I knew it and they didn't believe me here when I said it would be a separate chapter and not 9... Please DPC just make Zoey the FMC in this interlude :cry: :devilish: :love:

norm7777

Dec 5, 2019
Anyone found all the quest pack ?
Bullseye - Corridor #2, front-left door, dartboard

Disco! - Corridor #1, front-left door, disco ball

Eat up - Bathroom, third stall from left, glory-hole

Fluffy & brown - Corridor #3, back-left door, bunny's nose

Heart - Corridor #3, front-right door, heart on right wall

Illuminated - Illuminati symbol outside

Linda's favorite drink - Corridor #2, front-right door, soda can on the floor to the left

Night with a K - Corridor #1, back-right door, knight poster

Olive drink - Corridor #2, back-left door, martini on table

Rooster remnants - Cathy flyer on the bulletin board in Corridor #1

norm7777

Dec 5, 2019
Bullseye - Corridor #2, front-left door, dartboard

Disco! - Corridor #1, front-left door, disco ball

Eat up - Bathroom, third stall from left, gloryhole

Fluffy & brown - Corridor #3, back-left door, bunny's nose

Heart - Corridor #3, front-right door, heart on right wall

Illuminated - Illuminati symbol outside

Linda's favorite drink - Corridor #2, front-right door, soda can on the floor to the left

Night with a K - Corridor #1, back-right door, knight poster

Olive drink - Corridor #2, back-left door, martini on table

Rooster remnants - Cathy flyer on the bulletin board in Corridor #1

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

DIKs!

But I'm also using my PCs by posing and rendering animations for the next update.

I'm polishing the walkthrough and releasing it to the Major DIK tiers and above this weekend.

If you haven't played episode 8 yet. Please, stop reading right now, as you will get spoiled.

I would even advise you not to read my future posts until you have played and finished episode 8.

As you saw from reaching the end of Season 2, Episode 9 is not the next update that I will release.

Where we are right now, I have planned for a special part of the game that I have chosen to call "Interlude - Riding the Waves".

An interlude is a short story in the middle of an ongoing story, and that's what's next for Being a DIK.

Season 3 will start with this shorter interlude, and after that, Episode 9 will continue where you left off.

I will release the interlude before episode 9. This gives you some more Being a DIK content faster, and it also gives a perfect opportunity to make sure that the save transfers from Season 2 to Season 3 works for all of your games.

I wanted to manage your expectations for what the next release means in terms of development and content by telling you this.

The interlude won't be as long as the previous episodes have been, and it will primarily be focused on story events, not lewd content.

It's a shorter piece of the story that's too big to be handled within an episode and focused on story events that I want to tell in a certain way.

I hope that this will come to mean that the upcoming development cycle will be shorter as well. Both the planned animation and render count won't be near what you've seen recently from me.

That said, I know that the interlude will speak for itself and be both satisfying and worth playing for any fan of the game.

I will have more information about the interlude later and tease it more with previews and status updates.

After the interlude has been released on Patreon, it will be full speed ahead with episode 9 development.

I appreciate your support, and I hope you will enjoy the journey ahead on your chosen roads.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Taking away the marketing part, it's not like I understood much about it....

which spoilers would be there? that there is an intelude?

even for the interlude we could wait less than the usual time needed for a chapter... would this be a good news?

i forgot: no lewd scenes... a dream in practice

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
I knew it and they didn't believe me here when I said it would be a separate chapter and not 9... Please DPC just make Zoey the FMC in this interlude :cry: :devilish: :love:
Yeah, it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to be EP9. The way he worded it leaves me wondering if Zoey's going to be the only focus, perhaps he might add some others like Cathy, Vinny or even James (if he's alive) to give more context to EP9 instead of just relying on a small introduction.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ostap Bender

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021

DIKs!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Bad news, IMO. If this interlude were going to be about previous events in the lives of other characters different of the MC, like Sage, Isabella or others, probably would be great, but apparently is only the story of Zoey in the beach, and I´m not interested in that. And not even sexy scenes... (n) For me, this interlude means "more months to wait until next real update".

Also, DPC says that the upcoming development cycle will be shorter as well... but I understand that he´s talking only about this "interlude", and just because it will have less contents than previous updates, not because he´s hiring people or getting more resources in order of working faster. He doesn´t say that the development time will be shorter from now on for regular updates... So an ETA of about 9-12 months until the chapter 9 continues being the most probable scenario :cautious::cry:

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Yeah, it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to be EP9. The way he worded it leaves me wondering if Zoey's going to be the only focus, perhaps he might add some others like Cathy, Vinny or even James (if he's alive) to give more context to EP9 instead of just relying on a small introduction.
It wouldn't make sense for them to appear unless everyone surfs in California. It was said that Vinny was Zoey's boyfriend but seeing Lily changing seller Vinny never left town he sold his drugs there.

The rest does not matter James until now I think it is still not known what happened to him I think Isabella does not mention it or is what I remember

And Cathy in herself is a character for the main story. DPC just want to focus on Zoey and do a short update and let him do it because this will be that fresh air that he needs so as not to burn

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Okay, so it seems I need one more that's a "others chick". Forget about all the other variations of the choices, I like the game but not that much :p I'd be setting up saves for days.
Welp if we wanna be honest we don't know how season 3 will go right ? So in order to prepare fully for season 3 for all routes possible there are the solos as well for " others " Quite the large sum of saves if you ask me... not just 2 :KEK:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Bad news, IMO. If this interlude is going to be about previous events in the lives of other characters, like Sage, Isabella or others, probably is going to be great, but apparently is only the story of Zoey in the beach, and I´m not interested in that. And not even sexy scenes... (n) For me, this interlude means "more time to wait until next real update".

Also, DPC says that the upcoming development cycle will be shorter as well... but I understand that he´s talking only about this "interlude", and because it will have less contents than previous updates. But he doesn´t say that the development time will be shorter from now on for regular updates... So an ETA of about 9-12 months until the chapter 9 continues being the most probable scenario :cautious::cry:
I'm not thrilled either, but I don't think it's just about Zoey anymore, at this point it's going to be something more general, I wonder how much there will be "to play and choose" in this interlude, or if it will be a pretty locked prologue for the second part of the story

initially I thought it was just a flashback for Zoey, but if we are talking about a shorter wait of 6 months, but still not immediate, I think it will be something more general, that touches at least all the LIs

I would say in spring the interlude in winter / late summer the new chapter

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Yeah, it’s very specific scene! You must :
—Make sure that Jill never see your dick in the showers in episode 4
—Take the pick in episode 5
—You must never have sex with Sage or Josy.

That’s a very rare achievement ! :LOL:
Almost impossible I would say. Especially Josy part :BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: Marley300

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Guys is there any differences if i play with Mini games easy or hard difficult?
Yep... some mini games on hard are impossible to win ( Beachball for instance and don't come with stupid save between game... ) but as to the story it does not make any difference ! :BootyTime:

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
It'll probably be Zoey explaining what happened over the last year or so to Neil and then a phone call at the end to MC when he's balls deep in Riona Jilll Isabella Quinn Sage Josy and Maya Jade Cathy Elena with John Boy.

Elsie Bray

May 31, 2019
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care about Zoey's interlude. DPC could've given her backstory in episode 9 and be done with it. It already takes 6-7 months for an update, now we have to deal with more waiting just for a character who will do nothing but bring more drama.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I'm not even surprised at this point. It's evident DPC is willing to pad things out just to make this thing last longer. Fully expect an Interlude 2: Electric Boogaloo between S3 and S4. And let's not forget the Epilogue: Final Cut Ultimate Director's Edition after the game finishes in S4.

4.80 star(s) 1,516 Votes