Enthralled & Consent: Development Thread, and my other works & projects.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Silly update.

I just spoofed my browser so that Microsoft thinks I'm on a Linux machine using Chrome, 'cuz the Windws 10 media creation tool keeps erroring out and that's the only way I can download the ISO directly...

I did have other plans this week which are now shot to hell, just sayin...
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Jimwalrus and oaiki

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Silly update.

I just spoofed my browser so that Microsoft thinks I'm on a Linux machine using Chrome, 'cuz the Windws 10 media creation tool keeps erroring out and that's the only way I can download the ISO directly...

I did have other plans this week which are now shot to hell, just sayin...
:rolleyes:
Gah! I feel your pain. This is why I always have a Windows 10 ISO USB in my kit - it can take like three or more goes to use the tool and takes forever. Much easier to keep a special USB set aside for it. Got a colour-coded blue one especially.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
One computer working, two to go.

Turns out that the TPM was fucking with my attempts to install Win 10 on the new laptop. I'm FINALLY looking at the Windows 10 Desktop and tweaked a couple of things already.

Also learned something new, that the Windows Keys are now stored in BIOS, where Windows can find it. New laptop now shows the serial number (after I rebooted it), which I wrote down, note that I was trying to find it a bunch of different ways before I learned about this. I also recovered a couple of serial numbers from older systems. Not sure if a Vista serial number would be good for anything (that laptop died years ago) but I may give it a whirl...

I'll probably tackle Uber Laptop next. Since it's 'old' OS drive has damaged boot sectors, I'll need to order a new drive (for either it or Dedicated Rendering Rig) I have a pair of 500 GB sticks that came with it in a RAID config, which is about half of the size of the now failed drive that I moved the OS to. I COULD try to get the RAID array working again with the original sticks, but I'm just not in the mood.

If anyone has any decent suggestions for file recovery software that's free and that can 'see' past damaged boot sectors, I'm all ears. The 'free trial' software I downloaded only allows me to transfer about 7-10% of everything that's on that drive (100MB limit unless I 'upgrade').

Yay progress!
o_O

Reactions: oaiki and junior366

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I need to rant about my current situation...

I get that most of you won't be interested in this, but this is part of what my development thread is all about, to perhaps provide different insight to the tiny number of you that actually care about such things.

So I'm obviously a bit freaked out right now about the OS drive failure I've expereienced on Uber Laptop. I have been cloning the OS from that system to use on other systems since I bought it back in July of 2017. And I've installed a number of pieces of third party software that is of course rather useful to me.

Here's the pic I took of Baby Laptop vs Uber Laptop again that I snapped soon after Uber Laptop arrived...

I retired Uber Laptop once, when it wasn't booting at all. It turns out that this issue was related to the headphone audio daughterboard, removing said daughterboard pretty much solved my booting issue entirely, so I was back in business. I had been using a custom built HTPC build (built by me) that still works btw, for rendering as I had upgraded to a GTX 1080 Ti. When that card failed, I pulled uber laptop out of storage and figured out via a lot of googling what was causing the boot to hang (daughterboard).

I certainly pushed my luck too far by not doing regular backups of the 'C' drive, but most of the stuff I worry about is located on other drives already, and those drives have been the focus of my backup efforts. I do need to order another backup drive though, as the one I have is now mostly full, and I've downloaded a LOT of Daz Studio packages since then, so I should make that a priority today. I also need to order a replacement for the failing OS drive, as I want to keep Uber Laptop operational.

I'm typing this on baby laptop (circa 2013) using an external keyboard as a workaround. You might be wondering why I'm not using the new laptop yet...

Normally I'd be over the moon about my new hardware. Dedicated rendering rig has some pretty healthy specs, and will be the new home for the RTX 3090 that I finally bought earlier this year, once the right deal on a decent card came along (again). I missed the first round of cheaper deals on 3090s, and was glad to find another card in that price, that is actually better suited to my eGPU enclosure situation (only 2 power connectors, yeah I could have bought a splitter, but the PNY 3090 only needs two power connectors).

I actually don't mind having a slightly less powerful 3090 than the higher end brands, as not pushing the GPU so hard might help longetivitiy, we'll see I guess.

Anyways, yeah the reason I'm not jumping on getting Rendering Rig up and running, and why I'm typing this on baby laptop instead of new laptop or Uber Laptop is... Windows woes!

I'm actually pretty excited about the new laptop's specs. I have a Ryzen 5 7520U in the new laptop, which might not sound very impressive for those chasing the bleeding edge, and yes it only has 4 cores/8 threads and runs at a mere 2.8 GZh or so, but the price was right (even though I almost immediately replaced the 256 GB SSD with a 1 TB one and downgraded the OS), but for internet duties and Ren'Py coding, yeah I simply do not need a more impressive machine.

For comparison, Baby Laptop here is running an Athlon A8 6410, a MUCH slower processor, and not having a ram drive set up to speed up internet stuff (only 16 GB of ram installed) means pages load a lot more slowly, even after caching. The 'caching Internet stuff on a Ram drive to improve webpage access performance' trick still works awesomely to this day btw!

Other than the fact that Windows 8.1 doesn't support some of the latest software that I use (I tried to upgrade Samsung Magician so that I could work with my Samsung 990, but the latest version of Magician won't install/not supported by Baby Laptop here). Despite being on a deprecated CPU architecture, Baby Laptop 'just works' when I attach the 4K monitor that I'm using right now to type this (need a bigger screen for easier reading, the 13.3" screen on baby laptop is tiny). I'd be perfectly happy still using Windows 8.1, other than the lack of support for newer hardeare/software.

It also 'just works' with my 4G USB modem, and as an emergency backup machine it's awesome.

Anyways, yeah back on topic, New Laptop is ready to use, and I'm not using it because? Microsoft decided that I didn't need a 'Shut Down' option in my start menu any more with Windows 10, so I have to log off first or CTRL-ALT_DEL and then choose a sub-menu to get to the Shut Down buttons...

There's a couple of other useful features that Microsoft has removed from Windows 10 Home. My Windows Product Keys are for the Home version, which is automatically detected from BIOS when I did Windows 10 installs. so I don't have a lot of the 'advanced' options like group policy editor, etc.

I'm pretty handy with Registry hacks and such when pushed, but of course finding those takes time, plus figuring out the workaround for the 'can't connect to Internet to set up windows' thing with Windows 11, tied to the fact that Microsoft barely acknowledges the existence of my USB 4G modem, and HP 'locking out' a lot of Windows 11 functionality during the setup process (i.e. the 'bypass log in/connect to internet during setup' thing) yeah I'm more than happy to delete all of the HP bloatware in favor of a 'barebones' Windows 10 install...

EXCEPT that I'm now going to be looking for a previous version of Windows to install on this machine, and on the Dedicated Rendering rig, because Microsoft keeps removing useful stuff from Windows in favor of stuff that they think I want but want nothing to do with. Which is why I'm perfectly content with Windows 8.1, and wouldn't mind Vista, or even 98SE except that those OSes won't support the latest hardware...

So I'm about to try to install an earlier version of Windows 10 on the new laptop. supposedly Rufus can reach into the depths of the Microsoft servers to grab older versions of Windows 10 (thinking 2020H2, that's the last time I was able to use my 4G USB Modem 'natively' in the Windows environment, I've been having to change the IPV4 settings manually every time I log on since the 2021H1 upgrade, and wans't able to figure out how to 'allow' my 4G USB modem, that is perfectly content working on Baby Laptop here, to 'just connect' in Windows 10.

In short, Microsoft keeps moving backwards with Windows functionality, and if it wasn't for the fact that I need a Windows environment to use Daz Studio easily (some people have attempted Linux, it's a major pain, and Chrome just isn't an option), well I'm stuck with Windows, similarly to how Daz Studio users are pretty much stuck with Nvidia cards for Iray.

I get excited when I do system upgrades, and then Microsoft pretty much immediately brings me pain!

Sure, the failed OS drive isn't necessarily Microsoft's fault, but the boot partition failed most likely because of overuse of the boot sector, and it was a drive integrity scan that ultimately 'pulled the trigger' and pushed the boot sector over the edge/into failure.

I've tried partition recovery tools, but they just say 'can't be done' after scanning the situation. So now I'm considering buying some 'failed drive recovery software' as the free options are restricted (I have over a TB of stuff installed on said drive that I would like to have back, and more importantly it's a pain to have to 're-point' the Daz Studio startup at my Daz install on my 'E' drive which is a separate drive thank goodness...

So yeah, i'm ranting here, just sharing my frustration with Microsoft for deciding what's best for me, when it clearly isn't. If Microsoft would make a 'lean and mean' version of Windows without all of the extra 'social media' stuff and tiles and attempts to get me to shop at their store, not to mention all of the data on my usage habits that they are collecting...

Yes, it's the world we now live in, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also, I'm not looking forward to installing my 'usual hardware suite' yet again. I like the idea of a clean install, but starting from scratch each time sucks.

I used to love 98SE. It was one mean lean operating system that had all of the stuff I like to tweak to my liking, like border colors, which icons I'm using, spacing between objects, etc.. My 98SE desktop (at the time) was really cool after all of the tweaks I made. But Windows 10... yeah I'm supposed to just be content with changing my desktop background I guess and be a sheep...

Anyways, yeah Microsoft sucks the love out of PCs. I have no desire to go the Mac route, as I don't mind the PC itself, I actually enjoy the ecosystem, just not the OS part.

People complain to Microsoft all the time about such things, but they simply aren't listening, as they know what's best for us. Except they don't...

Which means I'm spending a week or more simply getting things as close as I can to how I like them. The lack of recent OS backup thing is on me, but based on how my OS drive failed, attempting to back it up might have killed the drive anyways...

Ahh well, I needed to rant. for those that bothered to read this, thanks for listening!

OhWee
o_O

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I feel your pain having had severe issues with hardware on windows in the past.

Microsoft keeps moving backwards with Windows functionality
Yes, a loathsome practice, they are trying to make PCs and laptops like phones and not the workstations they should be; even the Pro version of their OS limits you ... and then there are all those Marketing hooks.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, a quick update:

So, I was able to get a Windows10 20H2 image to install with, and Uber Laptop is up and running again. HOWEVER, I've decided to try to back up my Daz install before I do anything else. My Daz install is on a separate 8 TB drive, and my other stuff is on yet another 8 TB drive, so I need a large backup drive to back all that up with.

Unfortunately, I missed out on a killer $199 deal on an 18 TB external drive (sold out online before the store even opened, so never had a chance unless I ordered online, but I thought that if I went to the store I'd get a shot at it at opening time). I've since been looking for other deals on 18-22 TB drives (8tb + 8tb + 2tb for OS backup), and so far nothing nearly as good as the other deal.

In any case, yeah, the plan now is to stall for a decent deal. I can copy over the files from my other drive and continue to work on Ren'Py related project stuff on either Uber Laptop or New Laptop, but my goal was to get back to work on FmF...

So I guess we'll see what the next couple of days bring. I'll piddle around with something in the meantime, maybe install Photoshop on the new laptop, that sort of thing. I still haven't connected New Laptop to the internet yet, shouldn't be a problem but I don't want to hit a wall of Microsoft updates almost immediately. I chose 20H2 for a hardware related reason, and have no desire to upgrade past that right now...

I also want to take one last shot at recovering the OS install off of the failed drive, as there's a bunch of other programs installed on that drive that I really don't want to have to re-install again. So I need a backup drive, see above...

So yeah, procrastinating/waiting on a good deal atm! Just wanted to give y'all a heads up.

I miss posting some cool Daz render that I did in these posts, but my Daz install is... complicated and it's also waiting on a new backup drive. My other backup drive is 14TB and essentially is full, so I don't want to mess with that one as it's my 'other backup'.

Joy!
:cool:

Emma M

Jun 4, 2020
OK, I need to rant about my current situation...

I get that most of you won't be interested in this, but this is part of what my development thread is all about, to perhaps provide different insight to the tiny number of you that actually care about such things.

So I'm obviously a bit freaked out right now about the OS drive failure I've expereienced on Uber Laptop. I have been cloning the OS from that system to use on other systems since I bought it back in July of 2017. And I've installed a number of pieces of third party software that is of course rather useful to me.

Here's the pic I took of Baby Laptop vs Uber Laptop again that I snapped soon after Uber Laptop arrived...

I retired Uber Laptop once, when it wasn't booting at all. It turns out that this issue was related to the headphone audio daughterboard, removing said daughterboard pretty much solved my booting issue entirely, so I was back in business. I had been using a custom built HTPC build (built by me) that still works btw, for rendering as I had upgraded to a GTX 1080 Ti. When that card failed, I pulled uber laptop out of storage and figured out via a lot of googling what was causing the boot to hang (daughterboard).

I certainly pushed my luck too far by not doing regular backups of the 'C' drive, but most of the stuff I worry about is located on other drives already, and those drives have been the focus of my backup efforts. I do need to order another backup drive though, as the one I have is now mostly full, and I've downloaded a LOT of Daz Studio packages since then, so I should make that a priority today. I also need to order a replacement for the failing OS drive, as I want to keep Uber Laptop operational.

I'm typing this on baby laptop (circa 2013) using an external keyboard as a workaround. You might be wondering why I'm not using the new laptop yet...

Normally I'd be over the moon about my new hardware. Dedicated rendering rig has some pretty healthy specs, and will be the new home for the RTX 3090 that I finally bought earlier this year, once the right deal on a decent card came along (again). I missed the first round of cheaper deals on 3090s, and was glad to find another card in that price, that is actually better suited to my eGPU enclosure situation (only 2 power connectors, yeah I could have bought a splitter, but the PNY 3090 only needs two power connectors).

I actually don't mind having a slightly less powerful 3090 than the higher end brands, as not pushing the GPU so hard might help longetivitiy, we'll see I guess.

Anyways, yeah the reason I'm not jumping on getting Rendering Rig up and running, and why I'm typing this on baby laptop instead of new laptop or Uber Laptop is... Windows woes!

I'm actually pretty excited about the new laptop's specs. I have a Ryzen 5 7520U in the new laptop, which might not sound very impressive for those chasing the bleeding edge, and yes it only has 4 cores/8 threads and runs at a mere 2.8 GZh or so, but the price was right (even though I almost immediately replaced the 256 GB SSD with a 1 TB one and downgraded the OS), but for internet duties and Ren'Py coding, yeah I simply do not need a more impressive machine.

For comparison, Baby Laptop here is running an Athlon A8 6410, a MUCH slower processor, and not having a ram drive set up to speed up internet stuff (only 16 GB of ram installed) means pages load a lot more slowly, even after caching. The 'caching Internet stuff on a Ram drive to improve webpage access performance' trick still works awesomely to this day btw!

Other than the fact that Windows 8.1 doesn't support some of the latest software that I use (I tried to upgrade Samsung Magician so that I could work with my Samsung 990, but the latest version of Magician won't install/not supported by Baby Laptop here). Despite being on a deprecated CPU architecture, Baby Laptop 'just works' when I attach the 4K monitor that I'm using right now to type this (need a bigger screen for easier reading, the 13.3" screen on baby laptop is tiny). I'd be perfectly happy still using Windows 8.1, other than the lack of support for newer hardeare/software.

It also 'just works' with my 4G USB modem, and as an emergency backup machine it's awesome.

Anyways, yeah back on topic, New Laptop is ready to use, and I'm not using it because? Microsoft decided that I didn't need a 'Shut Down' option in my start menu any more with Windows 10, so I have to log off first or CTRL-ALT_DEL and then choose a sub-menu to get to the Shut Down buttons...

There's a couple of other useful features that Microsoft has removed from Windows 10 Home. My Windows Product Keys are for the Home version, which is automatically detected from BIOS when I did Windows 10 installs. so I don't have a lot of the 'advanced' options like group policy editor, etc.

I'm pretty handy with Registry hacks and such when pushed, but of course finding those takes time, plus figuring out the workaround for the 'can't connect to Internet to set up windows' thing with Windows 11, tied to the fact that Microsoft barely acknowledges the existence of my USB 4G modem, and HP 'locking out' a lot of Windows 11 functionality during the setup process (i.e. the 'bypass log in/connect to internet during setup' thing) yeah I'm more than happy to delete all of the HP bloatware in favor of a 'barebones' Windows 10 install...

EXCEPT that I'm now going to be looking for a previous version of Windows to install on this machine, and on the Dedicated Rendering rig, because Microsoft keeps removing useful stuff from Windows in favor of stuff that they think I want but want nothing to do with. Which is why I'm perfectly content with Windows 8.1, and wouldn't mind Vista, or even 98SE except that those OSes won't support the latest hardware...

So I'm about to try to install an earlier version of Windows 10 on the new laptop. supposedly Rufus can reach into the depths of the Microsoft servers to grab older versions of Windows 10 (thinking 2020H2, that's the last time I was able to use my 4G USB Modem 'natively' in the Windows environment, I've been having to change the IPV4 settings manually every time I log on since the 2021H1 upgrade, and wans't able to figure out how to 'allow' my 4G USB modem, that is perfectly content working on Baby Laptop here, to 'just connect' in Windows 10.

In short, Microsoft keeps moving backwards with Windows functionality, and if it wasn't for the fact that I need a Windows environment to use Daz Studio easily (some people have attempted Linux, it's a major pain, and Chrome just isn't an option), well I'm stuck with Windows, similarly to how Daz Studio users are pretty much stuck with Nvidia cards for Iray.

I get excited when I do system upgrades, and then Microsoft pretty much immediately brings me pain!

Sure, the failed OS drive isn't necessarily Microsoft's fault, but the boot partition failed most likely because of overuse of the boot sector, and it was a drive integrity scan that ultimately 'pulled the trigger' and pushed the boot sector over the edge/into failure.

I've tried partition recovery tools, but they just say 'can't be done' after scanning the situation. So now I'm considering buying some 'failed drive recovery software' as the free options are restricted (I have over a TB of stuff installed on said drive that I would like to have back, and more importantly it's a pain to have to 're-point' the Daz Studio startup at my Daz install on my 'E' drive which is a separate drive thank goodness...

So yeah, i'm ranting here, just sharing my frustration with Microsoft for deciding what's best for me, when it clearly isn't. If Microsoft would make a 'lean and mean' version of Windows without all of the extra 'social media' stuff and tiles and attempts to get me to shop at their store, not to mention all of the data on my usage habits that they are collecting...

Yes, it's the world we now live in, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also, I'm not looking forward to installing my 'usual hardware suite' yet again. I like the idea of a clean install, but starting from scratch each time sucks.

I used to love 98SE. It was one mean lean operating system that had all of the stuff I like to tweak to my liking, like border colors, which icons I'm using, spacing between objects, etc.. My 98SE desktop (at the time) was really cool after all of the tweaks I made. But Windows 10... yeah I'm supposed to just be content with changing my desktop background I guess and be a sheep...

Anyways, yeah Microsoft sucks the love out of PCs. I have no desire to go the Mac route, as I don't mind the PC itself, I actually enjoy the ecosystem, just not the OS part.

People complain to Microsoft all the time about such things, but they simply aren't listening, as they know what's best for us. Except they don't...

Which means I'm spending a week or more simply getting things as close as I can to how I like them. The lack of recent OS backup thing is on me, but based on how my OS drive failed, attempting to back it up might have killed the drive anyways...

Ahh well, I needed to rant. for those that bothered to read this, thanks for listening!

OhWee
o_O
I had a copy of win 10 on another pc and tried to clone the partition so I can use on my newer pc Im using now,and ended up losing everything I had on the drive and had to get another win 10 online store,never had it rough like you :(
I always read what you post :) (hugs)
And
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FORUM FELLOWERS

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I had a copy of win 10 on another pc and I tried to clone the partition so I can use on my newer pc I use now,and I ended up losing everything I had on the drive and had to get another win 10 online store,never had it rough like you :(
I always read what you post :) (hugs)
And
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FORUM FELLOWERS
I decided to hold off on buying a hdd(s) to do fresh backups with until after xmas in the hopes of end of year deals.

Been working on Space Journey X mod stuff in the meantime.

Still a major pain though!

I was pondering a 'Mars colony builder' sort of story with lots of sexy fun time today. Tacked onto my massive ideas list...

Happy holidays everyone!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also, still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for...

Short form, preliminary stages, maybe filming could start in the summer, nothing definite yet. But James & Robert are jonesing to get back to work on this so that's a good sign at least!

Last edited:

Emma M

Jun 4, 2020
Also, still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for...

Short form, preliminary stages, maybe filming could start in the summer, nothing definite yet. But James & Robert are jonesing to get back t work on this so that's a good sign at least!
Cyberpunk NieR Replicant like :D Would like to see it also^^

• Yay, new update!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
New Year, New Update!

Warning, wall of text ahead!

Above is a repost of one of the last Daz Studio renders that I did before my OS drive failed on Uber Laptop Note that my Daz Studio stuff is on another drive, but I need to back said drive up before I do anything else/attempt to 'resurrect' Daz Studio on my new machine. Unfortunately hard drives are a bit more expensive right now, and more than I want to pay, so I'm watching for a good deal on a trusted brand. There are a couple of companies that use drives from the major manufacturers that don't meet QC standards of said companies that I could grab, but I don't trust 'secondhand' drives sooo the wait continues...

So, I've pretty much finished updating my gameplay mod for Space Journey X to work with SJx 1.20.11. Details here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-gameplay-mod-for-sj1-20-11-version-1-20b.180608/

It's mostly interface tweaks, designed to help reduce scrolling and the need to jump between screens to find out things you might not remember off of the top of your head, but it does also modify a couple of gameplay elements (mostly Sexbot upgrades related) to my own personal taste. Here's one of the screenshots showcasing a screen that I repurposed to show off the sexy bot shells you currently have working at the Sexbot Arcade in your current game.

I'll probably go back and rework the left side of the screen a bit at some point to mention bot traits, cat & grade of parts, etc. but for now I need to move on to the next project.

As to what that project will be, I'm still pondering ATM. There's SU ReImagined that I could jump back into, but right now I'm just not 'feeling' it. I tend to follow my muse, as it makes me happier, and when I try to force myself to work on stuff, the joy just isn't there for me. Since this is something I do as a hobby, it should bring me joy.

This is also one of the reasons I don't have a Patreon or whatever yet. Since I tend to chase my muse from project to project, I can't guarantee that any one of my projects will meet whatever deadline. If this was a 'paying' gig, that'd be different, but then the joy often ends up getting sucked out of whatever I'm doing, replaced with extra stress and such. I don't need extra stress in my life, so I prefer to keep my artistic endeavors as 'hobbies' and not 'a job'.

Until My Daz Studio install is restored/back up and running again, my Daz Studio artwork creation is at a complete standstill. As I've mentioned above, I won't do anything else with my dedicated Daz Studio drive (which is thankfully still intact) until I back it up, and as I've previously noted, I'm watching the sales for a really good deal on a large HDD (internal or external) from a trusted brand (new not renewed/secondhand) to stretch my pennies.

There's a few renders that I still need to do for the next release for FmF. I could cut that part of the story out of the 'Girls Game Night' short story that is mostly RustyV 's work anyways, but I do want to include a few related story elements, so that's on hold for now.

My heart really isn't in FmF either atm to be completely honest. I have other ideas of stuff that I do want to do, but right now I'm in a bit of a holding pattern, sooo...

Enthralled Pt. 5 is still on the backburner of course. Note I do have goals for 2024, which include:

1) Compete Enthralled
2) Revive FmF, finishing work on a couple new stories for it
3) Tackle SU ReImagined a bit more, fleshing out the other ideas I had in mind for it.
4) Move on to a new project.

Note that I have a very long list of projects/new story ideas that I'd like to start work on in 2024. I'm kind of burned out with playing in other people's sandboxes atm. I should elaborate on that point.

SU ReImagined:

SU ReImagined is 'stalled' because other people currently aren't working on it. My goal always was just to get the ball rolling. Adapting/creating new girl artwork and transcribing content over from SU is the major holdup right now. xMendoza has his own Ren'Py effort going on, SU Rebuilt 2, which also splits the efforts to make cool, moddable Ren'Py ports of SU.

Right now, what I'd really like to do is abandon SR7's artwork entirely and use the work I've done bulding a framework to make my own game. It's a pain working with the separate sprites (body/costume parts, etc.) used to assemble characters in SU, and I can't draw so my preferred medium is Daz Studio renders. Also, I'm more of a fan of 'inspired by' characters rather than dabbling in other people's IP, as then it's less likely that you'll have a bad day with the copyright police.

And, to be honest, SU just doesn't interest me right now. I haven't played in several updates, simply because the new additions don't interest me.

Space Journey:

I actually enjoy tweaking the interface and gameplay elements in Space Journey. It's alway a new challenge trying to figure out other people's code structures for modding purposes, and a lot of game code frameworks simply don't agree with me. I recently took a look back at the code tweaks I made at the time for Brothel King, and was compelely lost again. I did help improve the gameplay flow in that game but I have no desire to go back into that code again... I also haven't played the latest update 'cuz my muse simply has moved on from that game.

I still want to keep my mods updated for Space Journey, for probably a couple of more updates, but it's becoming more of a chore each time to re-do my interface tweaks. I wouldn't mind rendering new stuff for that game to add new story related stuff, but it's rendered in Blender and I don't have the models used and have no desire to try to recreate them, sooo...

I want to just enjoy that game and tweak it to my own taste, for as long as I'm interested in the story.

Sexbot & Power Vacuum, also Jen's Dilemma, probably a couple of other games:

Although I rather enjoy these games despite the highly excessive amount of grind, yeah I won't be modding those. The gals in those games do interest me, so I may use a few of the characters from those games for cameos in my own efforts. Some are essentially just tweaked versions of existing Daz Studio models, which makes things a little easier, and myself and others have made some pretty good recreations of said characters.

Enthralled Pt 5:

Enthralled Pt. 5 has been waiting on the dedicated rendering rig that is now built and is awaiting my Daz Studio install. The final scenes are 'orgy style' scenes with lots of characters interacting, so the 12 GB RTX 3060 just wasn't going to cut it. There was an issue with the Uber Laptop not being able to successfully render larger scenes (larger than 12-16 GB of VRAM for said scenes) because of weird Daz issues. Dedicated Rendering Rig has 128 GB of ram, which should mostly solve this issue and allow me to get full usage of the RTX 3090 that i bought a few months ago.

I'm still a bit burned out on rendering such scenes, as posing multiple characters to be rendered in the same frame is very tedious, when they are all touching each other. Aligning all of those fingers, mouths, arm/legs, etc. takes time, and while Uber Laptop does have an 18.4" screen, the associated interface text is still pretty tiny, and the genius over at Daz3D that decided that light gray on a darker gray text was a good idea should be shot.

In any case, yeah, once I finish setting up my Dedicated Rendering Rig, I'd like to finish up Enthralled and move on.

FmF Stuff:

There's a lot of content created for FmF already (mostly by RustyV ), but there's more stuff that I need to do on my end for said content. I also have a couple of small stories that I'd like to do in the FmF setting, but my muse isn't quite ready to jump back into that yet.

Consent, Kissin' Triplets, etc.:

These project have been on the backburner for a while now, and in the meantime I have a bunch of other new story ideas that interest me. So I don't really know what I'll tackle next. At the very least, I'll probably use the characters I came up with for these efforts in whatever project I decide to tackle, and 'truncate' their storylines a bit. I also have some other characters I've put together that I haven't shown off yet.

I have a few interesting story ideas of course, and I've talked about a few of those in previous posts in this thread. But most/all of them are currently waiting on finishing the setup of Dedicated Rendering Rig.

My computer situation:

I'm typing this post right now on a USB keyboard that's attached to Baby Laptop, the 13.3" laptop with the dead battery and failing chiclet keyboard. Getting the letter 'E' to show up on baby laptop's keyboard is a major pain at this point. It'll eventually register, but Baby Laptop was retired for a reason.

Uber Laptop is mostly ready to go again, but until I back up my other drives, and take a stab at recovering as much as I can on the failed OS drive, I'm not using it.

New Laptop I've been using for Space Journey Ren'Py editing and also to play the latest releases of games that I like, which may be found elsewhere here on F95zone. I'll eventually move my USB modem over to New Laptop, but I want to squeeze a bit more life out of baby laptop here before retiring it for good. Baby Laptop remembers a lot of my internet stuff (passwords, browsing history, etc.) from when I was using it regularly a couple of years back, so it's just easier to use it for now. It'll take time to bring New Laptop up to speed internet wise, and also to install my 'go to' programs, so I've been putting that off.

Most of my passwords are backed up on my other drives, as I've been assuming that my OS drives will fail eventually so backups on other drives are just a good idea, but it's still a pain to 'start from the beginning again' when you have another machine already 'good to go' for such things.

Dedicated Rendering Rig:

I've talked about the specs for Uber Laptop before, but to recap:

Ryzen 5700 G 8 core, with integrated APU.
Asrock X570 Creator
128 GB of GSkill DDR 4 3200 Ram
2 TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME SSD for OS Drive
8 TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD to move my Daz install over to.
24 GB RTX 3090, maybe also my 12 GB RTX 3060 will be installed into this rig.

I will need to get another 8 TB SATA SSD eventually, I'd love to get an NVME SSD but those are about twice as expensive as the 2.5" SATA SSD drives and I'm pinching my pennies. I do have extra NVME slots for when 8 TB NVME Prices come down, but that may be a while... or may never...

I want to get another 32" monitor to attach Dedicated Rendering Rig to. I have a 32" monitor already that's currently attached to Baby Laptop here, but I like doing the 'dual screen' thing so that I can have more windows visible at the same time, say if I'm playing a movie on one screen while working on the other screen. Again, pinching my pennies atm, so it may be a bit before I buy another monitor.

Getting another income stream going to help subsidize for my Daz habit/hobby:

I have a few models sitting around that I eventually want to spruce up for sale somewhere. I was orginally thinking Renderosity maybe, I'm considering other options as well. I learned about 3dshards.com today, supposedly they offer a better percentage to vendors (over 50%?). Both Daz3D.com and Renderosity take a larger cut of any sales, and Daz3D.com is a bit more particular about things. You'd see higher visibility on Daz3D.com for a product, but since stuff is often discounted over 80%, yeah your 'cut' of whatever the sale price is will be smaller...

In any case, that's a few months down the road as I'd need to spiffy up the stuff I've built. There's a bikini, and some environment/set related assets that I might be able to sell. Again, the main goal here is to offset my Daz Studio related spending, not expecting to make a lot of money here.

As for setting up a Buy Me a Coffee or whatever, I'm more reluctant to do that, as my muse is fickle sometimes and I'm done 'working for the man'. I just don't want that sort of obligation if that makes sense, I've seen how people savage other developers on this forum if they don't meet deadlines or content expectations, and I just don't want that in my life.

So I'll continue to ponder that for a bit. I don't mind people throwing my way, I just don't want the assocaited obligation...

So, to summarize:

1) I want to get a few of my existing projects out of the way so that I can focus on new projects

2) I need to find a way that works FOR ME to get an income stream started that is low pressure.

3) I really want to work on my own things at this point. I don't mind playing in other people's sandboxes, but I'm ready to move on from that.

4) Make more Jen renders for Emma M and others, 'cuz they make people happy which makes me happy!

That's it in a nutshell. That's my 'New Year Resolution' post/wall of text for 2024!

Happy New Year Y'all!
OhWee

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Season 1 has drawn to a close...

I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end! E10 gets you in the feels... with a bit of Kaiju action thrown in just for fun!

I won't spoil it for y'all, for anyone that hasn't watched it yet. Probably a bit more family drama and slightly less Kaiju action than some people might want, but I think it was a nice balance. After all, Godzilla 2014 had more than a bit of family drama! There's a fair bit of lore building as well, which is cool!

Anyways, now off to see what For All Mankind has in store this week. Still waiting for the right deal on a large HDD to back up my stuff in the meantime!

Edit: The S4 ending of For All Mankind left me with... issues. I really like the show overall, but yeah lots of loose ends and questions about consequences or lack thereof as it relates to the S4 finale... Not sure about the status of Season 5 (not officially renewed as of this post) but it seems likely. It'll be interesting to see what's next in the alternate timeline that is For All Mankind...

Still pretty happy with the S1 ending of Monarch though!

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update time!

So, I uploaded the latest version of my Gameplay Mod for Space Journey X a couple of days ago. This will probably be the last version of said mod for a bit, so for now I consider it the 'definitive' version of my mod. Space Journey X is yv0751's baby, which he's set aside for a bit while he focuses on his health, but hopefully he'll get back to it soon! As sandbox games go, I enjoy it and I think it's pretty cool, hence why I felt the need to mod a few things, so if such things interest you (space harem building with some ship combat and trading thrown in for fun), yeah check it out if you haven't already!

Space Journey X:
https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-x-v1-20-11-y-v.146723/

My Space Journey X gameplay mod:
https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-gameplay-mod-for-sj1-20-11-version-1-20f.180608/

---

I'm currently easing back in to SU ReImagined, getting back up to speed with where I left things off with that effort. I plan to focus on it for a few weeks and then move on to other projects. When I have something notable to share, I'll of course post an update here, in the meantime, yeah if SU ReImagined interests you, watch the development thread for SU ReImagined regularly.

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...npy-demo-community-development-thread.144779/

---

As for the Girl's Game Night story for FmF, yeah I'll get back to that fairly soon. I'm still shopping for a deal I can live with for backup storage for my Daz stuff, and once I've done said backups I then need to get my Daz install working on my new Dedicated Rendering Rig, so it'll be a few weeks before I get back to that.

Enthralled Pt 5 will come shortly after that. I miss doing renders in Daz Studio, but one thing at a time...

As for the other FmF stuff, we'll see. I do want to get back to it eventually, but for now other things have priority.

---

I have a couple of new projects that I want to start sometime this year. While playing in other people's sandboxes is all well and good, I do have my own ideas that I'm ready to get back to. Note that I'll probably incorporate a number of cameos, in typical Enthralled fashion, but these will be their own things.

The triplets from my Kissin' Triplets teaser that I showcased a while back will factor in to these new projects, as will some of the Consent characters (mainly Mitzi and Kelby), and a number of other characters. I've shared a few of these in this development thread at various points, but there's a number of others that y'all haven't seen yet...

As for the nature of these projects, there are three mainly:

1) A WWII era Pacific island fighter squadron related story, involving a native tribe that lives on a strategically located but otherwise unknown island that our intrepid pilot types will be interacting with.

2) A brothel management game, probably superheroine related but with unique characters (note that some characters from fave games of mine may be recast, such as Wonder Celia...). It might also be more 'science fiction-ey' as far as the setting goes (Ringworld construction effort, and construction workers need some entertainment during their off hours sort of thing). Plus the heroines need to fight bad guys now and then...

3) A 'gameshow' related story featuring fave characters from other games mixed in with a few of my own. Essentially an incestuous corruption story where the various families are trying to 'one up' each other to win the grand prize.

Not sure which of these three projects I'll tackle first, it'll depend on where my muse tells me to go at that point. In any case, yeah, easing back into the saddle in the meantime!

Oh and a bunch of random Jen renders, 'cuz Jen is cute!

On an unrelated note, if you like 'pew pew' space battles and Star Wars stuff, check out this fan film! Not mine (I'm not that patient), I just think it's cool!

Back to it!
OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, status report time!

So, I finally got around to backing up the drive that has almost all of my Daz Studio stuff on it, and set Daz Studio up on Uber Laptop here, which has essentially a clean install of W10 on it. Getting Daz Studio to work again was a bit of a bear, but I worked through it, and as promised...

JenRawr_OhWee.jpg

Yep, a new Jen render, for fellow Jen fans!

Anyways, I haven't set up Windows on the new Rendering Rig yet, as I need to copy my Daz Drive again onto an empty 8 TB drive for that system. I spent yesterday catching up on my Daz3D.com install packages. I haven't downloaded any since November of 2023, which doesn't sound very long, but yeah I had 400 product packages waiting in the cue...

So yeah it'll be a bit longer before I get my new Dedicated Rendering Rig up and running. It boots, but still much to do...

I've set aside my work on SU ReImagined for now, as there's other projects that I want to tackle atm. People have been patient with me for the most part, but at some point I DO need to get the new FmF short story completed as well as Enthralled Pt 5...

That's about it for now. The above render is the first render I've done in just shy of 4 months, I just don't look forward to messing with computers, I just wanna make pretty pictures!

Back to it!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm in pondering mode atm, in the meantime...

RavenG8FTake2_OhWee.jpg

RavenG8FTake2b_OhWee.jpg

RavenG8FTake2c_OhWee.jpg

RavenG8FTake2d_OhWee.jpg

Wanted to take another stab at Raven.

Which brings me to what I'm pondering atm.

I'm batting around a few backstory variations for that brothel game that I've been pondering for a while. Essentially, superheroine types working in a brothel to cover the bills sort of thing, while some overarching backstory plays out.

It's hard to find people that can stay intererested in working on SU ReImagined, and I really don't feel like doing all the work myself, and just would rather render characters than attempt to work with SU sprites, so until more progess is made r.e. others sharing content for SU ReImagined, well my muse is elsewhere atm.

I'll probably recycle a few of the code/interface related ideas that I came up with in ReImagined for the new project, but as I said I'm working things out in my head atm. Any 'Heroine' homages appearing in my new projectg will be encouraged to use aliases as 'we don't use real names here', and said characters will be more 'homages' than 'carbon copies'.

Essentially while I like the genre, I'd like to be 'IP free' if that makes sense. This will mean putting together different variations on costumes when doing homages. As an example, I'd need to create a different belt for Raven, that invokes the original but is it's own thing. Also, my cosplay homage would go by Blackbird instead of Raven probably...

Anyways, yeah mainly just pondering my next major project atm. I still need to set up my dedicated rendering rig, but have been distracted by a bunch of other stuff.

Back to it!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
After dealing with re-install driver headaches, I finally managed to get my RTX 3090 eGPU working again on Uber Laptop here...

DarciG3F_Take1_OhWee.jpg

This render took about two minutes to render (after hours of dialing things in and tweaking textures of course). Not too shabby...

Of course, I still need to get dedicated rendering rig up and running, but I'm still dealing with a few other things, and I need to build a shelf for my computer case... plus I'm still debating a second 32" monitor...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, still percolating the setup for my new project. Now about this dude...

MercyLex_Museum_OhWee.jpg

At best, he will have a 'satellite' role in the story, and a different 'default' name. I have no desire to retell SunsetRiders7's story that he set up in SU, for a few reasons...
1) It's already been done, and any tweaks to said story I would just add to SU ReImagined.​
2) I'm trying to be a bit more IP agnostic.​
3) Should I want to set up a monetization path, yeah some services frown on mind control... and I find 'free will' decisions a bit more interesting in this case. Sure, mind manipulation corruption games are cool, but they've been done better by others already.​

So, a few things I've worked out so far.
1) Characters will have somewhat more 'generic' default names (i.e. not IP specific), but I'll leave the option open to choose your own names for said characters.​
2) The MC will have a bit of a Bruce Wayne background, i.e. he HAD lots of money. But, times are tough and an elderly family member died and left him a brothel in her will...​
3) Some cataclysmic event involving a group of powerful superhero types happened, and now a lot of Heroines are essentially out of work, as hero types are blamed for the event, so 'vigilante-ism' is now frowned upon more than before.​
4) Whatever locale the brothel is at is a bit of a 'safe haven' for vigilante types, and the local government hasn't passed stronger anti-vigilante laws, and has a bit of a crime problem in any case.​
6) Heroines, Anti-Heroine types, etc., being out of work and needing a place to stay, will choose to work for you when you recruit them. How each of them come to your attention will be story driven for the most part, i.e. you aren't going to send people out to capture them, you'll just encounter/meet with them and essentially offer them a job...​
7) There's still some overarching narrative going on, so there will be missions and such to acquire things to help in the upcoming fight, whatever that is. On a somewhat unrelated note, the promo pics for this Daz Studio asset are awesome...
8) You'll need to 'lend' money to your new courtesans so that they can get a Courtesan License when you recruit them. Courtesan licenses will have levels, which define what sort of activities they can legally perform in this context. Similarly, your brothel license will need to be upgraded to set the 'allowed activity level' for said brothel. Also, said brothel is in in need of remodeling and will need to be expanded as the game progresses... I'm probably going to take a few cues from Brothel King here (another awesome game that I did some mod stuff for a while back).​
9) You can spend some time training new Courtesans 1 on 1 to improve their skills/unlock new activities. That being said, this is primarily a brothel management game, not a harem building game. Also, the MC likes ot keep his options open, and maintaining a harem is expensive...​
10) Yep, it'll be in Ren'Py. 'Cuz I know my way around Ren'Py and it just works, and it's pretty good about telling you where the coding problems are, which makes fixing things a bit easier when you miss a colon, quotation mark or whatever.​

Anyways, yeah that's a quick rundown of what I have in mind for this. I'll be drawing inspiration from various places, so you may see a bit of random-ness in who shows up. It'll have strong Superhero/Supervillain themes, but as mentioned, it'll be a more 'generic' take on the Genre. Kind of like how Galaxy Quest is a love letter to Star Trek, without being Star Trek...

As such, don't expect to see 'faithful' renditions of 'inspired by' characters, as they are mostly doing 'cosplay' anyways... there may be a number of nudge nudge wink wink moments, but this is at best a parody of the genre in general, if you want a more faithful nod, where there are a bunch of other games here on F95Zone that do that already.

I'm struggling mentally with this one though...

The costume is unique enough, but the 'bat' symbol is kinda trademarked, so while I can lean into 'it's just sexy cosplay', yeah... any thoughts here?

Also, other than the bat logos being incorporated, yeah looks like a good start for Huntress cosplay as well here. Minus the 'utility belt', although what girl doesn't need a pair of pliers! Maybe if I call her Vampyr...

Anyways, yeah just playing around with new/inspired by character concepts in Daz Studio in the meantime. Thoughts are welcome!

Back to it!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote