turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
How reliable are the update patches? I have R13+modpack downloaded and, given Mega downloads at 0.25MB/s, the prospect of downloading R14+modpack 260GB (two weeks downloading) is not exactly thrilling.. but better than dealing with incompatibilities and bugs, so i'd do it, if needs be. It's passive downloading so it would be no big deal.
You can easy upgrade your R13 with exe files from here:
But be warned: sometimes members are complaining they messed up their game with this upgrading.
I always do a clean new download/install of a new version.

Anyway is your R13 is running fine there is no urgency to change to R14. Keep your mods updated via InitSetting or KK-Manager, that´s it.

And: you know that the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" is ONLY for StudioNEO and useless for the game?
The Betterrepack R14 (game + game mods) is only 65GB to download.
Also the better/easier way is torrent download - I never need more than 12 hours for that, and it´s running automatically for itself.

Reactions: hotneko and Tressk

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
I always do a clean new download/install of a new version.

Anyway is your R13 is running fine there is no urgency to change to R14. Keep your mods updated via InitSetting or KK-Manager, that´s it.
Thanks. I actually have R11 installed, it's over a year old and is quite hard to navigate, because so many entries are untranslated and i was hoping with all the advances in AI someone did machine translation here, and every bit matters hence i want R14, despite having downloaded R13. Either way i already downloaded Koikatsu and DAZ3D, which will easily eat up 2 weeks figuring them out. Actually i'd be amazed if it only takes 2 weeks.:eek:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks. I actually have R11 installed, it's over a year old and is quite hard to navigate, because so many entries are untranslated and i was hoping with all the advances in AI someone did machine translation here
So far I know BetterRepack is using the original Steam translation since R9, you shouldn´t recognize any difference then.

Main problem of older games is the BepInEx version: mods based on newer BepInEx won´t work in older ones.

Whalenut

Jan 17, 2023
Ive been running into an issue getting the oculus 3 to start and action. i have it linked to my pc with the cable and nothing is working :confused:

nguquylx123

Jan 14, 2021
First you need a somewhat nice PC.
Secondly you need to activate a graphic enhancement plugin such as DHH or GM (Graphic Mod).
Both of them are included in the repack already, so you only need to activate either one by running initsettings.exe.
After that you can tinker the graphic at the respective plugin's window. If you're using GM, it's F5.
If you're overwhelmed with how many things that need to changed, you can find a preset in the community and edit it to your liking afterwards.
Finally, don't forget to save the preset and/or set the default preset for the title screen, main game and chara maker.
Thank you so muchhhhh. But hey, do you have, or know where to get those preset? Can I google it?

IMMR22

Mar 9, 2020
Hey i just wanted to know if i can use the cards from shamgod with this modpack?
laso does this version have something like the better penetration plugin i got used to that tool since koikatsu.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hey i just wanted to know if i can use the cards from shamgod with this modpack?
We can't answer that. Not all cards are made only with mods included in the repack. The cards will only loaded properly if both of you and the creator has the exact same set of modpack. For example, the girl I'm using in my signatures is using paid mod, specifically the hair style. You wouldn't able to load her if you don't have the hair mod. It will be replaced with the default selection if you did.
laso does this version have something like the better penetration plugin i got used to that tool since koikatsu.
There is and the name is also BetterPenetration.

Reactions: turbojoe

IMMR22

Mar 9, 2020
We can't answer that. Not all cards are made only with mods included in the repack. The cards will only loaded properly if both of you and the creator has the exact same set of modpack. For example, the girl I'm using in my signatures is using paid mod, specifically the hair style. You wouldn't able to load her if you don't have the hair mod. It will be replaced with the default selection if you did.

There is and the name is also BetterPenetration.
Thanks for answering, is there a way to know what am I missing?
Like in koikatsu a message appeared that indicated what mod was missing. Or is it like honey select 1 where you had to see in the ítem resolver?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Thanks for answering, is there a way to know what am I missing?
Like in koikatsu a message appeared that indicated what mod was missing. Or is it like honey select 1 where you had to see in the ítem resolver?
Pretty sure you will get a notice at the top left screen by default (Message Center plugin should be turned on by default).

MochingMochi

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hey.
Maybe this is a weird and unsolvable problem, but it seems I have trouble with Studio Neo recently. I noticed a few days ago that the program itself boots up way faster than before. My computer is pretty old and decent at best, so it always took a while before the game started properly. I thought this was a pretty nice change, but it seems I paid a hefty price for that.
Now, whenever I do something in Studio Neo for a while (I primarily work on scenes and pictures for my upcoming game (so timeline and fk/ik), my pc just goes into sleep mode randomly. The power button is blinking, but even if I press it, the pc doesn't turn on again until I turn the power off and then on. Sometimes I can work for 15 minutes in Studio Neo, just yesterday I could work a whopping 30 minutes and nothing happened. I closed the program and started it again later, just for the problem to reappear after about 20 minutes.
The other weird thing is, that this problem only occurs with Studio Neo. Playing games with my friends while Google Chrome is open in the background and I talk to them over Discord? Everything is fine. Just having Studio Neo open and nothing else? Computer goes into sleep mode after some time.
I updated some things (not everything and I played on BR 11) after the problem and cleaned up the "cap" and "scenes" folder in hope this will fix it (it didn't). I also installed some mods on my own a few months ago, but they all worked before with no problems at all. This problem I have now only appeared way after I installed the other things. I also opened up my computer, cleaned it from dust and everything and put my BIOS into default settings, but nothing worked so far.
I thought that maybe the power supply doesn't work properly anymore, but then I don't understand why it's only happening with Studio Neo.
I'll run a test later with Koikatsu as well and ask around in the Discord. I know that my problem is probably pretty unique, but maybe someone can help me. A problem like that really drains your motivation.

EDIT: Sorry that I didn't write anything until now. Not sure how many people will see this edit, but I still want to clarify some things. Maybe someone has a similar problem. It turns out that my problem was indeed a hardware problem. I ordered a new computer and it'll arrive soon and I hope everything will be fixed then. Why do I think it's a hardware problem?
First of all, I somehow managed to avoid this problem after deleting a corrupted save file from studio neo. The save file could not be moved around when I tried to backup my data. After I deleted the save completely, the problem was gone for two days. Then, out of nowhere, the problem appeared again. I checked my saves once more and this time a corrupted save was nowhere to be found. The problem also reappeared more frequently.
Second of all, as I said before, my computer is pretty old. It's been eight and a half years since I bought it and its best days are long gone. When I called the tech support of the company where I bought the new computer (I configurated it on their site), I asked them if they ever heard about a problem like that and they suspected that either the power supply or the motherboard doesn't work properly anymore. I suspect the power suppy, because it also did some weird noises from time to time, but I don't know for sure. Anyway, my computer did a lot of great work and I'll miss it deeply o7

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hey.
Maybe this is a weird and unsolvable problem, but it seems I have trouble with Studio Neo recently. I noticed a few days ago that the program itself boots up way faster than before. My computer is pretty old and decent at best, so it always took a while before the game started properly. I thought this was a pretty nice change, but it seems I paid a hefty price for that.
Now, whenever I do something in Studio Neo for a while (I primarily work on scenes and pictures for my upcoming game (so timeline and fk/ik), my pc just goes into sleep mode randomly. The power button is blinking, but even if I press it, the pc doesn't turn on again until I turn the power off and then on. Sometimes I can work for 15 minutes in Studio Neo, just yesterday I could work a whopping 30 minutes and nothing happened. I closed the program and started it again later, just for the problem to reappear after about 20 minutes.
The other weird thing is, that this problem only occurs with Studio Neo. Playing games with my friends while Google Chrome is open in the background and I talk to them over Discord? Everything is fine. Just having Studio Neo open and nothing else? Computer goes into sleep mode after some time.
I updated some things (not everything and I played on BR 11) after the problem and cleaned up the "cap" and "scenes" folder in hope this will fix it (it didn't). I also installed some mods on my own a few months ago, but they all worked before with no problems at all. This problem I have now only appeared way after I installed the other things. I also opened up my computer, cleaned it from dust and everything and put my BIOS into default settings, but nothing worked so far.
I thought that maybe the power supply doesn't work properly anymore, but then I don't understand why it's only happening with Studio Neo.
I'll run a test later with Koikatsu as well and ask around in the Discord. I know that my problem is probably pretty unique, but maybe someone can help me. A problem like that really drains your motivation.
I´m not familiar with StudioNEO, so unfortunately I can´t help you specifically for that.
Did you already ask here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/ or here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/ ?

Anyway if you got a bug into your HS2 install it might be a good opportunity to change to recent version R14 with a clean new download/install.

MochingMochi

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
I´m not familiar with StudioNEO, so unfortunately I can´t help you specifically for that.
Did you already ask here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/ or here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/ ?

Anyway if you got a bug into your HS2 install it might be a good opportunity to change to recent version R14 with a clean new download/install.
Thanks for the reply. If I have the problem again maybe I'll ask around there as well. I deleted a scene save recently which seemed to be corrupted and for now at least my computer didn't go into sleep mode, so I hope it fixed that problem (even though it'd be a weird way to fix it). I also thought about upgrading the version, but that should be the last resort, because there's too much to download :,)
Or would it work if I use these upgrading tools (.exe) for every upgrade till R14? Although that probably would be anything but clean xD

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hey.
Hi!
Let me tell you my history:
I had an HP ProBook laptop, decent running most of games, I used to play several "heavy" games with no troubles, when installed HS2 my game runs decent (BR8) but the problem came in an update, from BR8 to BR9 my game went to do weird things, like close itself by no reason, no message, no nothing. Sometimes when working on VNGEs, it corrupts the files when saved, or freezes randomly. Until my old laptop doesn't turns on again, it deads. why? I dunno, so I move up to this cardboard machine. I have run fine this repack (BR13) I have heard comments of know modders that BR14 somehow has slowed their machines (cutting-edge ones), and yet we (they) don't know the reason why. I understand that BR14 runs in the newest BepInEx version, so I am affraid in upgrade to BR14.
P.S: A friend overseas told me that in a game crash a 16 RAM module burns, i.e: it fucked up.
Hope you fix your issue with this mystery.

• Thinking Face

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hi!
Let me tell you my history:
I had an HP ProBook laptop, decent running most of games, I used to play several "heavy" games with no troubles, when installed HS2 my game runs decent (BR8) but the problem came in an update, from BR8 to BR9 my game went to do weird things, like close itself by no reason, no message, no nothing. Sometimes when working on VNGEs, it corrupts the files when saved, or freezes randomly. Until my old laptop doesn't turns on again, it deads. why? I dunno, so I move up to this cardboard machine. I have run fine this repack (BR13) I have heard comments of know modders that BR14 somehow has slowed their machines (cutting-edge ones), and yet we (they) don't know the reason why. I understand that BR14 runs in the newest BepInEx version, so I am affraid in upgrade to BR14.
P.S: A friend overseas told me that in a game crash a 16 RAM module burns, i.e: it fucked up.
Hope you fix your issue with this mystery.
In these over 2 years nearly daily present in the HS2 threads several times I´ve heard about weird behaviour of the BetterRepack (game or Studio), mostly after releasing new versions.
Unfortunately never turned out a certain reason for that.

Therefore I`m feeling blessed never having had similar issues from R4 until recent R14 whether on my gaming laptop (meanwhile only mid range) nor my old Desktop :D

Reactions: Kaseijin

Dibald88

Dec 18, 2020
I never seen that shader. I think you're trying to load a chara card that using paid mod and you don't have the mod required.
Also the grey skinned chara usually caused by next gen skin shader. Iirc if its grey skin, you're missing the shader. If it's black skin you have the shader but SSS is turned off in GraphicMod.
And u said the hooh penis can be in game (not studio) and how do u do that cuz I didn't see the Hooh's penis option in the main game.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes