Dahonko

Aug 6, 2017
Provided they are really maps for the game (and not only Studio maps) drop them into mods/Sideloader Modpack - Maps (HS2 Game).
It doesn´t matter if you create an own subfolder there for them.
So how do I know which map is for game? What is meaning of all the folders. What is Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge, do I have to put those files into Sideloader Modpack to work in game?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
So how do I know which map is for game? What is meaning of all the folders. What is Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge, do I have to put those files into Sideloader Modpack to work in game?
You have to look at the description of the map, if for Studio (mostly) or game. And there are 2 separately Modpack folders for them.

Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge includes mods in "Beta" phase for testing, they may not work correctly. You don´t really need them - if yes, you have first to activate "Experimental Mode" in InitSetting.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
OK, I downloaded it, but I don't know how to add it to the game, can you help?
Well - I guess what hyperintrovert has meant is that these cards are already included in the BetterRepack, you don´t need to download (excepting you want more of them from other creators).
You find these cards in UserData/chara/female/Modpack or xxxxxxxxModpack (NextGenSkin).
In charamaker you can load them if you open the Modpack folder
CardLoading-Modpack.jpg

As you can see in my screenshot you can create your own subfolders in chara/female to manage your cards.
But pls note that to play with a card from a subfolder it should be copied into chara/female and assigned into a group from there, otherwise this character won´t gain status points.

If you have downloaded character cards from otherwhere the cards are dropped into UserData/chara/female (or xxxx/male, if it´s a boy).
If downloading a character card you should watch if this card needs special mods and download them too.
Extra mods (if .zipmod files) going into mods/MyMods.
For example this Jill Valentine above needs a headmod from Cunihinx (included already in BetterRepack - mods/Sideloader Modpack - Exclusive HS2/cunihinx).

Btw before we proceed to help you into this game let me remind you that´s usual here to give "Likes" to helpful answers ;)

Last edited:

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
Well - I guess what hyperintrovert has meant is that these cards are already included in the BetterRepack, you don´t need to download (excepting you want more of them from other creators).
You find these cards in UserData/chara/female/Modpack or xxxxxxxxModpack (NextGenSkin).
In charamaker you can load them if you open the Modpack folder
View attachment 3130163

As you can see in my screenshot you can create your own subfolders in chara/female to manage your cards.
But pls note that to play with a card from a subfolder it should be copied into chara/female and assigned into a group from there, otherwise this character won´t gain status points.

If you have downloaded character cards from otherwhere the cards are dropped into UserData/chara/female (or xxxx/male, if it´s a boy).
If downloading a character card you should watch if this card needs special mods and download them too.
Extra mods (if .zipmod files) going into mods/MyMods.
For example this Jill Valentine above needs a headmod from Cunihinx (included already in BetterRepack - mods/Sideloader Modpack - Exclusive HS2/cunihinx).

Btw before we proceed to help you into this game let me remind you that´s usual here to give "Likes" to helpful answers ;)
Thank you, I finally managed to do it but I don't know which file to download for the head mod, can you leave me the link? Also where do I put the mod?

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you, I finally managed to do it but I don't know which file to download for the head mod, can you leave me the link? Also where do I put the mod?
As I explained above the headmod for the Jill Valentine cards from the modpack already are included in the BetterRepack - I named the location in the game yet.
Jill-modlocation.jpg

Once again: if you download a card with another headmod NOT included in the Sideloader Modpack folders you should copy them into mods/MyMods.
This is important, cuz the Sideloader update function will delete all mods in the Sideloader Modpack folders that aren´t officially listed in the Sideloader Mods - here are all official Sideloader Mods, you can download them separately).

I presume you have downloaded the BetterRepack? Recent version R14?

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
Where do y'all find mods that you are missing? You can't find it on Discord or by Googling? For example, an issue that I come across often is that sometimes a character or a scene has mods that I don't have. What I do is go to Discord and write the name of the mod, and if I can't find it on Discord, I try Googling the name of the mod. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what I'm asking. How do you find mods that you can't find on Discord or Googling?

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
As I explained above the headmod for the Jill Valentine cards from the modpack already are included in the BetterRepack - I named the location in the game yet.
View attachment 3131029

Once again: if you download a card with another headmod NOT included in the Sideloader Modpack folders you should copy them into mods/MyMods.
This is important, cuz the Sideloader update function will delete all mods in the Sideloader Modpack folders that aren´t officially listed in the Sideloader Mods - here are all official Sideloader Mods, you can download them separately).

I presume you have downloaded the BetterRepack? Recent version R14?
I haven't downloaded BetterRepack yet. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable on such matters.

nguquylx123

Jan 14, 2021
Hi Guys, I'm new here, I'm wondering how can I improve my game because it doesn't as beautiful as you guys posted on thread, so if you know anything such as modpacks or how to plugins settings, etc. Please help! I downloaded the Better Repack one. Thank you so much

Last edited:

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm new here, I'm wondering how can I improve my game because it doesn't as beautiful as you guys posted on thread, so if you know anything such as modpacks or how to plugins settings, etc. Please help! I downloaded the Better Repack one. Thank you so much
First you need a somewhat nice PC.
Secondly you need to activate a graphic enhancement plugin such as DHH or GM (Graphic Mod).
Both of them are included in the repack already, so you only need to activate either one by running initsettings.exe.
After that you can tinker the graphic at the respective plugin's window. If you're using GM, it's F5.
If you're overwhelmed with how many things that need to changed, you can find a preset in the community and edit it to your liking afterwards.
Finally, don't forget to save the preset and/or set the default preset for the title screen, main game and chara maker.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I haven't downloaded BetterRepack yet. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable on such matters.
So what do you play? Is it the original base game?
If so, I recommend to download the BetterRepack from here .
Easiest way is torrent download, torrent file direct from here

In the case you may be interested in Steam version read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9723614 a comparison to BetterRepack (keep in mind recent Repack version is R14).

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Where do y'all find mods that you are missing? You can't find it on Discord or by Googling? For example, an issue that I come across often is that sometimes a character or a scene has mods that I don't have. What I do is go to Discord and write the name of the mod, and if I can't find it on Discord, I try Googling the name of the mod. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what I'm asking. How do you find mods that you can't find on Discord or Googling?
You exactly described the way to proceed in that matter.
But most common mods are included in BetterRepack yet, so it may not necessary finding mods so often.

Belonging card/scenes downloading pay attention that the author (or uploader) also offers the required mods.
Card creators presenting here on F95 https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-871 mostly add links to the extra needed mods.
For scenes watch this thread https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

Reactions: shadowr19

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
You exactly described the way to proceed in that matter.
But most common mods are included in BetterRepack yet, so it may not necessary finding mods so often.

Belonging card/scenes downloading pay attention that the author (or uploader) also offers the required mods.
Card creators presenting here on F95 https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-871 mostly add links to the extra needed mods.
For scenes watch this thread https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/
I need to download BetterRepack all packages right?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I need to download BetterRepack all packages right?
Divide the BetterRepack (game + lots of game mods) and "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - last one is only for StudioNEO and not for the game.
If you only want the game you can skip this.

Or did you talk about the splitted packs for BetterRepack (R14 = 19 files)?
As I recommended use torrent download (1 big .7z file), cuz extracting the splitted packs is a little tricky (look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r13-illusion.53457/post-11662617 ).

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
Divide the BetterRepack (game + lots of game mods) and "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - last one is only for StudioNEO and not for the game.
If you only want the game you can skip this.

Or did you talk about the splitted packs for BetterRepack (R14 = 19 files)?
As I recommended use torrent download (1 big .7z file), cuz extracting the splitted packs is a little tricky (look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r13-illusion.53457/post-11662617 ).
Thank you, I downloaded it, but I don't know where to put these files, what do I do now?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you, I downloaded it, but I don't know where to put these files, what do I do now?
If you´re talking about "these files" I guess you have downloaded the 19 splitted packs despite of my recommendation for torrent download? Well - let us see where this is leading you then.......
Extracting splitted files you have to follow this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-10481161.
Best approved tool for extraction is 7-Zip.

First create a game folder short named on top of a drive and possibly avoid C:\ - e.g. D:\HS2-R14.
Then extract the whole shit into this folder, create a shortcut to InitSetting.exe and start it.
Make your settings (resolution, only 1 Graphic type - recommended is GraphicsMode), then start the game.
A tutorial is following and leading you through the game mechanics.

Good luck (if not, ask again)

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes