Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Damn my bad :LOL: i delete my 0.14 because i thought 0.15 have 0.14 content, Anyways i want to merge 0.14 and 0.15 it is possible? I plan to keep this on my game stash
I would not put them in the same folder/overwrite any files, no. I would try to keep 2 seperated folders.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
newfamilyportrait.png

Okay, so what is My New Memories?

The premise is one that you've already seen quite a lot in VN's. You play as someone that lost his memories, hence the name. But I wanted to do something different.

After a car accident you wake up in a hospital – You were only unconscious for two days and the doctor explains what happened. You constantly see a picture in your mind though, a picture of seven women that you don't know – at least that's what you think. After you ask the doctor why you always see this picture he explains it to. The people you see are your fa...Household. Your wife, your tenants, your roomates and your landlady. While the news is shocking for you, the doctor tells you to rest and gives you a slight sedative so you can fall asleep...

But you won't have a relaxing sleep. Dreams start to haunt you, dreams where you see the women from the picture, talking to you about things you don't understand. Two particular women seem to appear more often than the others. Why? That is something you will find out once you play the game. The beginning will focus on trying to reunite you with your household. Will you get your old memories back? Or will you try to forge new ones?

The picture in question is the picture of this post.

Next up you will get some informations about the characters of My New Memories!

Let's start with the top left woman. Her default name is Sabrina but if you want, you can change it to a name that you like more. You and her have a very special connection. A connection that goes beyond things that happen in your mind, something that can't really be explained. Let's say you and her share the same birthday...And leave it at that.

sabrinaoutside.png
Next up is your landlady, Bethany. You can also change her name if you want. She is the one that is taking care of your wards while you are in the hospital. She will also be the first household member you talk to after you wake up. Unfortunately, you don't get as much information from her as you thought you would get, which only leaves you with more questions...
milfcoffee.png

The woman in the middle is Anna, your wife. She was with you in that terrible car accident and sadly, her injuries are more severe. She is not dead, but she is in a coma and it's uncertain if she will ever wake up. It takes you a while before you realize that even though you don't remember her, you feel connected. She is the one you dream the most about, giving you short glimpses into a past you can't remember...
mommykitchen.png
And for the last girl in the back row we have the other roomate. Her name is Jessica, but you can also change that name if you want. The relationship you two had before your accident was...problematic. But she agreed to help your household and look after your wards – for what reason exactly is something you will find out very early in the game. Let's just say it's not something nice...
jessicahospitalconcerned.png

Now, let's start with the three wards in the game. Just like with the other girls above, I will try to give you some information as I introduce them...
threesmolpotatos.png

Let's start from left to right again. This is Morgan. The name is pretty fitting because if you want, you can decide that Morgan was born as a boy. You can also change her name, of course, and the option to make her born as a boy is totally optional. I will see if the story makes sense in both ways but for now, this is the way you can go with her. She is your 'middle' ward and is more on the quiet and shy side.
morganbraces.png

Next up we have Olivia, your youngest ward. Of course you can also change her name if you want. She is very, very attached to you and your wife and usually has a very chipper personality. Even after your accident she is trying her best to keep a happy face, something that your other wards really admire.
oliviahug.png

And for the last ward we have Sophie(name can also be changed). She is your oldest ward and...Let's just say you two never had a very close relationship. She was always more connected to your wife and your roomate, something you just tried to live with while still doing your best to be a good caretaker. Now, after the accident, you have to see how you can prevent your roomate from getting more influence over her, pushing you even further away...
sophiesophasitting.png

Okay, let's talk about a very common VN setting, one that is used in a lot of games: Amnesia.

I have to admit, it has been a while since I played a game that had the amnesia setting. But the general trope is usually that something happens to MC and he wakes up in a hospital, not knowing who he is or how he got there. But here is where I already want to be different: Usually you have these very long time skips between the accident and the start of the game. You get to meet people that don't really know you as well, but that you are somehow connected to.

My take on this is a little different, at least in my opinion. People that played My New Family should have a vague idea on what my goal in games is. I want to create a game that you play to feel good. A game that will make you emotional at certain times, that maybe makes you cry, but that will always take you back up and make you smile in the end. I don't want drama in my games, or an antagonist that makes you scared to lose everything. I see my games as kind of a reset button after you went through a game that left you with bad emotions.

The difference in My New Memories is the whole background, I think. You don't wake up years later, you wake up 48hrs later. You have a very long background with your wife, you got your wards over a certain period of time and you had a very stabilized life in general. You have a household that is doing their best to integrate you back into it, to reunite you with your wards and to make sure you can become yourself again. I don't want to throw the player into something that happened a long time ago and that is now coming back to him. You were someone before the accident and you still have a whole household that loves you. And while you will notice some similarities that a lot of these games share, you will also see that the game is very different when it comes to certain things.

The first playable version of the game – the alpha, as I like to call it, already has a finalized script. It contains the introduction to your first three household members. It will also give you the opportunity to make some early decisions, set the name of certain characters and set the age of your wards. Nothing unusual, I think.

This version will be very critical for me because it basically sets the premise of the whole game. While you are not going to meet your wards yet, you will get a lot of information's about your character and the story in general. It will also feature a thing that you've seen in so many games before – dream sequences with a person that isn't really there anymore. I took a lot of inspiration from Naughtyroad in those regards, with his amazing game light of my life. In My New Memories it is also your wife that will speak to you, trying to help you find some of your memories again. You will also feel certain things with Sabrina - the roommate that has the same birthday as you ( you know what I mean ). Some things can't be explained, you just have to feel them. And those moments are exactly that.

Next up I will introduce the three other characters you will meet in the alpha.

Let's start with the doctor. His name is Dr. Slatni and he is the first person you will see when you wake up. He will be the one who explains what happened to you and why you see the same picture in your head. It seems like he already talked to your household. He does his best to help you through the first days in hospital.

doctorconcerned_Camera.png

The other character you will meet very early is Officer Sarah Mueller. Since you were involved in a car accident there has to be some kind of police activity involved, especially if people got hurt in it. But she apparently knows more about you and your household than you first thought...
copinhospital.png

This is the last character you will meet during the alpha. Her name is Dr. Rosenberg and she will be your therapist, at least if you want her to be. She will try to give you certain advices that might sound crazy to you when you hear them, but will make more sense the longer you give them a thought. Given the fact that you are not alone and your whole household is affected by it, she will do her best to help you on your way back to them.
drrosenberg.png

And I think that's it. Hopefully this gave you a first glimpse on My New Memories and what the game will be about! If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them in the comments!

PS: How much you wrote, you pelican, my hands are in pain :KEK:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Walkthrough mod for andriod
I don't know how you communicate at home, but if you want something here, you should spend at least a few seconds to form a complete sentence.

Pro tip: Adding the word PLEASE may further increase the likelihood of a useful answer.

By the way, this VN doesn't need a WT.

Reactions: worldofmac84

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
View attachment 918035

Okay, so what is My New Memories?

The premise is one that you've already seen quite a lot in VN's. You play as someone that lost his memories, hence the name. But I wanted to do something different.

After a car accident you wake up in a hospital – You were only unconscious for two days and the doctor explains what happened. You constantly see a picture in your mind though, a picture of seven women that you don't know – at least that's what you think. After you ask the doctor why you always see this picture he explains it to. The people you see are your fa...Household. Your wife, your tenants, your roomates and your landlady. While the news is shocking for you, the doctor tells you to rest and gives you a slight sedative so you can fall asleep...

But you won't have a relaxing sleep. Dreams start to haunt you, dreams where you see the women from the picture, talking to you about things you don't understand. Two particular women seem to appear more often than the others. Why? That is something you will find out once you play the game. The beginning will focus on trying to reunite you with your household. Will you get your old memories back? Or will you try to forge new ones?

The picture in question is the picture of this post.

Next up you will get some informations about the characters of My New Memories!

Let's start with the top left woman. Her default name is Sabrina but if you want, you can change it to a name that you like more. You and her have a very special connection. A connection that goes beyond things that happen in your mind, something that can't really be explained. Let's say you and her share the same birthday...And leave it at that.

View attachment 918037
Next up is your landlady, Bethany. You can also change her name if you want. She is the one that is taking care of your wards while you are in the hospital. She will also be the first household member you talk to after you wake up. Unfortunately, you don't get as much information from her as you thought you would get, which only leaves you with more questions...
View attachment 918038

The woman in the middle is Anna, your wife. She was with you in that terrible car accident and sadly, her injuries are more severe. She is not dead, but she is in a coma and it's uncertain if she will ever wake up. It takes you a while before you realize that even though you don't remember her, you feel connected. She is the one you dream the most about, giving you short glimpses into a past you can't remember...
View attachment 918039
And for the last girl in the back row we have the other roomate. Her name is Jessica, but you can also change that name if you want. The relationship you two had before your accident was...problematic. But she agreed to help your household and look after your wards – for what reason exactly is something you will find out very early in the game. Let's just say it's not something nice...
View attachment 918040

Now, let's start with the three wards in the game. Just like with the other girls above, I will try to give you some information as I introduce them...
View attachment 918042

Let's start from left to right again. This is Morgan. The name is pretty fitting because if you want, you can decide that Morgan was born as a boy. You can also change her name, of course, and the option to make her born as a boy is totally optional. I will see if the story makes sense in both ways but for now, this is the way you can go with her. She is your 'middle' ward and is more on the quiet and shy side.
View attachment 918045

Next up we have Olivia, your youngest ward. Of course you can also change her name if you want. She is very, very attached to you and your wife and usually has a very chipper personality. Even after your accident she is trying her best to keep a happy face, something that your other wards really admire.
View attachment 918047

And for the last ward we have Sophie(name can also be changed). She is your oldest ward and...Let's just say you two never had a very close relationship. She was always more connected to your wife and your roomate, something you just tried to live with while still doing your best to be a good caretaker. Now, after the accident, you have to see how you can prevent your roomate from getting more influence over her, pushing you even further away...
View attachment 918049

Okay, let's talk about a very common VN setting, one that is used in a lot of games: Amnesia.

I have to admit, it has been a while since I played a game that had the amnesia setting. But the general trope is usually that something happens to MC and he wakes up in a hospital, not knowing who he is or how he got there. But here is where I already want to be different: Usually you have these very long time skips between the accident and the start of the game. You get to meet people that don't really know you as well, but that you are somehow connected to.

My take on this is a little different, at least in my opinion. People that played My New Family should have a vague idea on what my goal in games is. I want to create a game that you play to feel good. A game that will make you emotional at certain times, that maybe makes you cry, but that will always take you back up and make you smile in the end. I don't want drama in my games, or an antagonist that makes you scared to lose everything. I see my games as kind of a reset button after you went through a game that left you with bad emotions.

The difference in My New Memories is the whole background, I think. You don't wake up years later, you wake up 48hrs later. You have a very long background with your wife, you got your wards over a certain period of time and you had a very stabilized life in general. You have a household that is doing their best to integrate you back into it, to reunite you with your wards and to make sure you can become yourself again. I don't want to throw the player into something that happened a long time ago and that is now coming back to him. You were someone before the accident and you still have a whole household that loves you. And while you will notice some similarities that a lot of these games share, you will also see that the game is very different when it comes to certain things.

The first playable version of the game – the alpha, as I like to call it, already has a finalized script. It contains the introduction to your first three household members. It will also give you the opportunity to make some early decisions, set the name of certain characters and set the age of your wards. Nothing unusual, I think.

This version will be very critical for me because it basically sets the premise of the whole game. While you are not going to meet your wards yet, you will get a lot of information's about your character and the story in general. It will also feature a thing that you've seen in so many games before – dream sequences with a person that isn't really there anymore. I took a lot of inspiration from Naughtyroad in those regards, with his amazing game light of my life. In My New Memories it is also your wife that will speak to you, trying to help you find some of your memories again. You will also feel certain things with Sabrina - the roommate that has the same birthday as you ( you know what I mean ). Some things can't be explained, you just have to feel them. And those moments are exactly that.

Next up I will introduce the three other characters you will meet in the alpha.

Let's start with the doctor. His name is Dr. Slatni and he is the first person you will see when you wake up. He will be the one who explains what happened to you and why you see the same picture in your head. It seems like he already talked to your household. He does his best to help you through the first days in hospital.

View attachment 918054

The other character you will meet very early is Officer Sarah Mueller. Since you were involved in a car accident there has to be some kind of police activity involved, especially if people got hurt in it. But she apparently knows more about you and your household than you first thought...
View attachment 918058

This is the last character you will meet during the alpha. Her name is Dr. Rosenberg and she will be your therapist, at least if you want her to be. She will try to give you certain advices that might sound crazy to you when you hear them, but will make more sense the longer you give them a thought. Given the fact that you are not alone and your whole household is affected by it, she will do her best to help you on your way back to them.
View attachment 918059

And I think that's it. Hopefully this gave you a first glimpse on My New Memories and what the game will be about! If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them in the comments!

PS: How much you wrote, you pelican, my hands are in pain :KEK:
Again ty for sharing that here :)

Can't wait to try the new vn!

Pretty sure MNF will always be number 1 but I believe this will be in my top 10 if it's even only half as good :)

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
In case you are not a fan of Discord: Tomorrow, at 20:00 GMT+1 ( or 8pm GMT+1 ) I will publish a patreon post that will give you a very detailed overview about My New Memories. It will contain informations about all the main characters, about the story in general and what My New Memories (hopefully) seperates from other games that feature a amnesia setting. The post is public for everyone!

Warning: The post is veeeeeeery long!
Man, if it's half as good as My New Family, it'll be another great game to play, can't wait to put my hand on it, the game i mean. :D

P.S. " Next up is your landlady, Bethany. You can also change her name if you want. " Yeeessss, the last Bethany i played with was a bitch, i'll change her name for sure.

Reactions: Plaguerave

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
might want to age up those 3 wards in my new memories before those control freaks at patreon get wind of it. I suppose some horrible human being could release a patch to include content with them.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
In those previews Sabrina seems to be the MC's twin sister and she looks quite young and that would mean the MC is young too so how old are those wards? they look about 12 and that wouldn't make any sense..

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
In those previews Sabrina seems to be the MC's twin sister and she looks quite young and that would mean the MC is young too so how old are those wards? they look about 12 and that wouldn't make any sense..
Every character in the game is 18+ by default. You can set the age of the wards yourself ( kinda like in midlife crisis ).

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Man, if it's half as good as My New Family, it'll be another great game to play, can't wait to put my hand on it, the game i mean. :D

P.S. " Next up is your landlady, Bethany. You can also change her name if you want. " Yeeessss, the last Bethany i played with was a bitch, i'll change her name for sure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Sarah, the cop, is likely to be my primary interest (subject to change once I start playing.) I hope she's an option for a relationship. Knowing how My New Family has gone I expect any girl is. But the question would be is she available on a "one girl" route or only the harem route?

Either way, I'm sure this will be a game I want to play.

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
It's perfectly safe that I definitely with a probability bordering on certainty clearly without hesitation and regrets will fall in love with MNM as already happened with MNF. Nobody will stop me. I will let it Killer7 do to me. :love:

It's how Killer7 said, playing his game(s) is a kind of a reset back to a good mood, to an inner enthusiasm, to a bright happiness and cheerfulness.

It's a pill for healing from a sad everyday life. Although my everyday life isn't so sad, but prevention is always good. ;)

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Since I had some problems with my PC and the first version (ch1-9) is completed I decided to replay the game again and also decided to split the playthrough in the beginning (almost fully positive (except Milfs) vs some denial in the beginning), though mostly skipping since I know most already.

The thing is, I played the beginning so that I couldn't get a single scene (basically failing the "good" relationship with others) and only later to get to the Sun route as the first relationship (I guess there won't be any way to get the past relations up without being good in the beginning).
While playing (skipping) I encountered two (obvious) inconsistencies, or bugs, so far.
At some point the MC went to the beach for Lucy where she said "always looking into the wrong direction" yet I believe there wasn't a single scene there yet.
Much later where the mother shows the MC what she is working on, afterwards the MC goes to sleep and suddenly a scene appears where he goes to sleep with Sandra, later with "we are going to have sex tonight" and go into shower afterwards wondering whether Maddie passed her exam, and afterwards it is normal again.

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes