VN Ren'Py Shattered Minds [Development Thread]

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
shattered_minds.jpg

eXtasy Games presents: Shattered Minds

The game is out!

After "Fates: Determination" I'm proud to unveil my next game, which will be released soon, "Shattered Minds"!

Shattered Minds will offer an open world/sandbox experience, with an MC who has the power to control the minds of others.
All this paired with a thrilling, mysterious yet humorous plot.

Trailer:

Tags (planned or already in):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The gameplay

In Shattered Minds you play a young male college student whose name you can choose yourself. The game is played entirely from the first-person perspective.
You can freely wander around the world, interact with characters and objects, earn money, buy things, play mini-games and complete quests.
For now there are two places available in which the game is mainly set and which you can explore. One is the home of the MC, the other one is his college.

college.jpg

It is possible to expand the game with countless locations in the future and so eventually even create a whole city where you can move around freely, have conversations with others, discover things and play quests! But that's a long way off.
Shattered Minds will feature a simulated daily schedule as well as simulated days of the week.

alice.jpg

Depending on the time of day (morning, noon, evening) or even the day of the week, the characters will have different activities and can be found in different places.
Means nothing else than in the morning other events are possible than in the afternoon and so on.

Your most important assistant, the smartphone
phone.jpg

The smartphone is your most important companion in Shattered Minds.

With it you can track the status of all active quests and always know at a glance what you have to do next.
It also offers an inventory, an app with data of all characters you have met in the game (data like age, height, bust size...), an app for online shopping and an app that shows you where the characters near you are located at the moment, eg. in which room they can be found. This saves you time looking for them.
A messenger is also included, as well as other apps that are unlocked during the course of the story.

The plot

Let's get to perhaps the most important part, the plot of Shattered Minds.
As mentioned at the beginning, you play a young guy who goes to college.
You live in a house with your landlady and roommate.

m_s.jpg

Shattered Minds is set in a world in which a few possess superpowers... and our MC is one of them.
Most of them live in secret and do not reveal themselves, just like our MC.
He has perhaps the most awesome and dangerous power of them all.... Mind Control!

For anyone who played my previous game, Fates, Shattered Minds is set in the same world and begins at the end of Fates.
However, it is not necessary to have played Fates to enjoy Shattered Minds.

You will use your power to influence others to do things... things they would never do otherwise, all for your benefit.
I'm being intentionally vague here so I don't give too much away, but I think we all know which direction it will go.

But not everything is great, a power like that never comes without its dark side...

ava.jpg

You'll find out about that soon enough in the game.

As you progress through the game, you will improve your ability, level it up and distribute skill points to make your power stronger and stronger.
The goal of the game should be to bring as many people as possible under your control using your mind control power, forming the world to your will and thus build a harem… for you to enjoy.

This is done through quests.
Each character will have its own storyline which will be told through these quests.
During these quests you will have to do tasks for the characters, get things, have (sexy) adventures with them, help them out or just get to know them better.

The graphics

Let's move on to the graphic side of Shattered Minds.
scarlett.jpg

Shattered Minds will consist of a mixture of animations and classic still images.
But these still images are not as still as they might seem at first glance:

I've added a so-called parallax effect, which you can see in the video linked above. When you move your mouse, the background and the figure in the foreground move with it. This should result in a kind of 3D effect.
Parried with the blinking, the characters in Shattered Minds look more alive than ever before!

But don't worry, if you don't like the parallax effect, you can turn it off entirely in the options menu.

bill.jpg

Release date

So, I think that's it for now. I hope I could make you curious and give you a rough idea of what to expect from my upcoming game.
The first version, V0.01, of Shattered Minds will be released in early 2023.
When exactly I can't say yet, the framework and gameplay mechanics are ready, now I'm filling the world with content and the first quests.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

re344555

Oct 13, 2018
Seems cool but I hope you won't release it with bare minimum content, as I tend never to try games that are 0.0000 versions
Also hope you don't go the normal route with sex scenes like kiss>groping>blowjob/handjob>(footjob)>sex>anal sex>fetish/outfit/something else, as this is utterly boring and predictable.

Also is there any overarching story? Goals? Like get a mansion or something, just wondering if there will be a reason to return to the game after you're done with your favorite girl unless that is dragged out until the game is complete

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
Seems cool but I hope you won't release it with bare minimum content
V0.01 will have about 1-1,5h of gameplay.
It consists of the introduction (MC realizes that he has powers and how to use them), the presentation of the (open)world and already the first quests or parts of quests.
Also hope you don't go the normal route with sex scenes
Don't worry, Shattered Minds is the real deal ;)
Just as an example, already in one of the first quests you command a girl to undress in front of you and spread her legs so that you can take a closer look at her pussy... which she then does with joy.

Also is there any overarching story? Goals?
Yes there is an overarching story, it has to do with the flip side of the mind control power.
But I don't want to go into too much detail yet, because otherwise the suspense and the moments of surprise are gone.

As for the goals, if you have managed to completely corrupt a girl, it is possible to change her personality.
For example, you can make her your will-less (sex)slave, but also your loving girlfriend.
No matter what you decide, you can let her move in with you, but this requires that your house has space. And for that you have to expand it.
I'm planning to add a kind of management lite mode here.

Last edited:

re344555

Oct 13, 2018
As for the goals, if you have managed to completely corrupt a girl, it is possibility of changing her personality.
For example, you can make her your will-less (sex)slave, but also your loving girlfriend.
No matter what you decide, you can let her move in with you, but this requires that your house has space. And for that you have to expand it.
I'm planning to add a kind of management lite mode here.
Cool, does this mean our home has many rooms or just one? Will we be able to get a new home/homes that is larger in the future?

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
Cool, does this mean our home has many rooms or just one? Will we be able to get a new home/homes that is larger in the future?
At present the house consists of the MC's room, a room for the sister, a room for the mother, a bathroom, anteroom, living room, garden and a cellar.

At present, I imagine it like this:
MC comes to the conclusion that he definitely needs more space to accommodate his girls with him.
He decides (or is brought by someone on the idea) to expand his basement.
You could even turn your basement into a sort of underground base of operations. :p

But these are just considerations at this time. I am open to any other suggestions.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
At present the house consists of the MC's room, a room for the sister, a room for the mother, a bathroom, anteroom, living room, garden and a cellar.

MC comes to the conclusion that he definitely needs more space to accommodate his girls with him.
You could even turn your basement into a sort of underground base of operations. :p

But these are just considerations at this time. I am open to any other suggestions.
is pegging planned for dom personality change?

Xypher

May 1, 2017
How does the mind control work? will they be like mindless emotionless drones or will you able to make them loyal and do whatever you want with them but keeping their personality and semi-free will intact?

Also will their be a mind control concept where the girls you already control are aware they've been hypnotized and have them assign as your willing accomplice or partner in crime in helping you mind control other girls?

re344555

Oct 13, 2018

I see, buying new houses would be cool though as well as adding a new goal to work towards, although I know it would add extra work seeing as you'd need to probably render the characters in each house. Maybe something to do when the game is near completion

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
How does the mind control work? will they be like mindless emotionless drones or will you able to make them loyal and do whatever you want with them but keeping their personality and semi-free will intact?

Also will their be a mind control concept where the girls you already control are aware they've been hypnotized and have them assign as your willing accomplice or partner in crime in helping you mind control other girls?
Well, actually yes and no.
During once questline, where you try to fully corrupt one of the girls, they will keep their personality and (semi)free will. However, if you have managed to completely corrupt a girl, it is possible to change her personality.
Depending on the chosen personality, they will react differently to the player, different talking or sex options are available and so on.
And yeah, partner in crime is also a great idea, maybe I will include that too :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Xypher

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
I see, buying new houses would be cool though as well as adding a new goal to work towards, although I know it would add extra work seeing as you'd need to probably render the characters in each house. Maybe something to do when the game is near completion
Exactly. That would probably go beyond the scope for the beginning.

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
Shattered Minds Character Preview: Luna

luna_1.jpg luna_2.jpg

Time to introduce you to the cast of the upcoming Shattered Minds!

We start with Luna.

Luna is in the same class as our MC. Her style can be described as a mixture of cyberpunk and goth.
Neither really had much to do with each other until now.
Which is probably also due to her personality.
Normally she stays rather among herself and is a loner. Her gaze usually says "I don't want to talk to you, stay away".

Time to change that.

Last edited:

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
I like that such game gonna have impregnation and pregnancy? Hope we can see ome girls with really huge breasts and make them our slaves or like make our girls to become real bimbos and increase their boob sizes

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
I like that such game gonna have impregnation and pregnancy? Hope we can see ome girls with really huge breasts and make them our slaves or like make our girls to become real bimbos and increase their boob sizes
Impregnation and pregnancy is planned, but it will take time until these features are in the game.
Being able to change the breast size is also a consideration I'm thinking about.
However, such a feature would also be far away.

Reactions: Xypher

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
Finally a promising sandbox game. I haven't come across sandbox gameplay in new games for a long time. Now most developers choose VN as gameplay. Sandbox games are quite enjoyable if done well. Judging by your words, the gameplay looks pretty promising. Things like interacting with many items, having fun mini-games are things I like to see in a sandbox game and think it should be.

I also want to say one more thing. I really liked the mother and sister models. But I think the mother model needs some maturity. I thought the mother model was the sister model at first. If you have a chance to mature it a little, I think it would be fine. Also, it was a detail that I liked that the mother's nipple was visible.

I wish you good luck in your new project. I will look forward to its release