Others Partial Shihai no Kyoudan 2, v0.2.3

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
I spent some time thinking about how I'd do Kyouka's lines, and it's gonna be rough if I want to keep it organic. A standard translation probably won't cut it. I'll probably have bracketed rough translations that I'll fill in afterwards with something more witty and flows well. Ultimately I can't stray too far from the original Japanese but I think there should be room for me to add or subtract here and there.

guywhogames

Nov 24, 2018
I spent some time thinking about how I'd do Kyouka's lines, and it's gonna be rough if I want to keep it organic. A standard translation probably won't cut it. I'll probably have bracketed rough translations that I'll fill in afterwards with something more witty and flows well. Ultimately I can't stray too far from the original Japanese but I think there should be room for me to add or subtract here and there.
Yeah that idea might be for the best. Few times, I've tried to 'read' and understand her lines and just sat there for several minutes like "I think I know what she is saying but I am not quite sure"
so take your time m8.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
恭香「んっ……くっ……お望み通りこんなこと、\n さっさと終わらせてやるわ……」
Kyouka: nn... ku... [as you wish][these things], [hurry up and make it end]...

At this point I've mindfucked myself into believing I don't know what she's saying here.
It COULD be, "(You've done) what you wanted, hurry up and finish."
OR, "Hurry up and stop making me do whatever you want."
The intention is pretty clear, she's communicating to the person in charge that she would like this to be over. But the mode, which I'm trying to preserve, is up in the air
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

guywhogames

Nov 24, 2018
恭香「んっ……くっ……お望み通りこんなこと、\n さっさと終わらせてやるわ……」
Kyouka: nn... ku... [as you wish][these things], [hurry up and make it end]...

At this point I've mindfucked myself into believing I don't know what she's saying here.
It COULD be, "(You've done) what you wanted, hurry up and finish."
OR, "Hurry up and stop making me do whatever you want."
The intention is pretty clear, she's communicating to the person in charge that she would like this to be over. But the mode, which I'm trying to preserve, is up in the air
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My suggestion would be "You got what you wanted so just get this over with...."
Maybe that'll help?

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
do u plan on translating doing any other bishop game when finish with this one?
Probably not, they're really fucking long and I am not fast enough to get anything done in a meaningfully short period. If I do end up deciding to I think I'll go at it at a much more leisurely pace or do a much lazier job of it.

My suggestion would be "You got what you wanted so just get this over with...."
Maybe that'll help?
I did end up putting in something like that lol. thanks

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
So the poll for uwu vs uuu is closed, and the results are:
43% for uwu,
57% for uuu.

I excluded my own vote, I threw it in there to get the ball rolling. Still, this is pretty close, and I'm not sure what to do because Yoshino's route is already out. At this point I might just leave it as is, or I could do another poll asking if people want me to go back and change everything. Hmm.

Reactions: hotterthantacos

CoCoLightning

Apr 14, 2019
So the poll for uwu vs uuu is closed, and the results are:
43% for uwu,
57% for uuu.

I excluded my own vote, I threw it in there to get the ball rolling. Still, this is pretty close, and I'm not sure what to do because Yoshino's route is already out. At this point I might just leave it as is, or I could do another poll asking if people want me to go back and change everything. Hmm.

In my opinion if you already have it out you may as well just leave it as is and just do it for the other routes going forward

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
In my opinion if you already have it out you may as well just leave it as is and just do it for the other routes going forward
It's gonna be one of those things that bothers me to the end of eternity unless I fix it
It probably won't be too bad if I ever get to it

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
oh shit there's a new bishop game out :eek:

looks like they went with the reijou kanritou structure without all the side girls

CarnXace

May 2, 2022
oh shit there's a new bishop game out :eek:

looks like they went with the reijou kanritou structure without all the side girls

SVN did a machine translation for it. I tried to improve some of the script since there was a pronoun issues where Kaya and Hisui are addressed as a man. So trying to get that all fixed. But yeah I also redo the title screen in english. I also include an optional graphic patch I did to make the ahegaos look more extreme like older Bishop games for Tsumugi.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
SVN did a machine translation for it. I tried to improve some of the script since there was a pronoun issues where Kaya and Hisui are addressed as a man. So trying to get that all fixed. But yeah I also redo the title screen in english. I also include an optional graphic patch I did to make the ahegaos look more extreme like older Bishop games for Tsumugi.
oh shit, dope

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
trying to think of a good way to phrase ゲス男 (gesuotoko), "lowlife/degenerate man"
I have no idea how important it is to keep the "man" part because they might do one of those word tricks later.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
how is going? any ideia when will be done?
Hallo, not going great at the moment, caught up with irl stuff. The timetable is still in terms of years xD like 3 years from now probably
I dont see the download putton where is it ?
I don't have a download, you'll have to find the game yourself. The english "patch" is the second attachment on the main post, just unzip everything into the game files and replace 2 files

Blackowl97

Jul 23, 2018
Why the ex girlfriend betrays the mc?

Yolokai

Jun 27, 2021
If you dont mind me asking how do you apply this to the OG game?