Others Partial Shihai no Kyoudan 2, v0.2.3

beckytwom

Dec 1, 2019
Out of curiosity, I am wondering how you were able to change the font after editing? For me, it very weirdly spaced out which is annoying. 1679207933473.png

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Out of curiosity, I am wondering how you were able to change the font after editing? For me, it very weirdly spaced out which is annoying.
gotta edit bsxx.cfg. You might be able to just take mine from my patch thing (though you should save your original one just in case)

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Does it work for all bishop games?
Not sure, but I was looking at bsxx.cfg for sansha mendan and it looked pretty similar to mine. You'd have to try it to check, just make sure you back up the original bsxx.cfg first

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Yamato:「しかしまあ――」
Yamato:「――露骨に顔が変わったな」

Yamato: But y'know...
Yamato: [Face (expression) changed to unconcealed/open]

Been awhile since I posted one of these :eek:
There's a couple expressions I can kinda reach for to roughly translate this line but it's not quite what I want.
"You're not hiding how you feel anymore." doesn't feel right
"Your feelings are plain on your face." doesn't denote change
"I can clearly see what you're thinking now." feels weird

Hmm.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
恭香「気持ち悪いって、言ってるでしょっ…… いい加減、やめなさい……!」
Kyouka: "[feels 'kimochiwarui'], [I told you]... [stop this already]... !"

I still remember my old Jp teacher trying to explain the feeling of 'kimochiwarui.' It's often used (and therefore translated) as "ew" or "gross" or otherwise "disgusting" but it's actually a lot broader and milder than that. Literally, it just means "feels bad," or "my feelings dislike this." It's a general statement of disliking something.

This vague, general quality of the term is actually giving me some trouble because it's important to Kyouka's character in the story - her form of rebellion is to try and win the mental game, meaning that she tries to scoff and look down on the MC as he does what he wants to her body. Her outward explanation/excuse for why she rejects him is "I don't like this," which is her trying not to show any signs of weakness, or acknowledge the MC's power over her.

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
trying to think of a good way to phrase ゲス男 (gesuotoko), "lowlife/degenerate man"
I have no idea how important it is to keep the "man" part because they might do one of those word tricks later.
I use scumbag a lot
(I've translated a similar rape/maledom game)

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
恭香「本当に、自分の都合のいい、考え方しか、んんっ、しないのねっ、この猿は……!」
Kyouka: [truly], [good for your own circumstance], [way of thinking][only], nn, [do nothing but], [you monkey]... !

Having some trouble with this one. It's a comment about how MC only believes things that match with his ego, basically. But idk how to phrase it here.

"Seriously, you only think in a way, that suits you, you monkey... !"
:[ I guess this is fine ^

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
大和「ああ、無事だよ。やっぱ大切なものは、しっかりとバックアップを取ってるからね」
Yamato: [Yeah, it's safe]. [yappa][important things], [properly make backup].

Not sure how to get the feeling right on this one. The first part is easy, but the second part is a sort of reinforcing a lesson learned, as in:
"(based on this experience) it's a good idea to properly make backups of important things."

Yamato: "Yeah, it's safe. Thank god I made backups of everything important."

^ not completely correct but it works best I think

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Can you show me how to use BSXScript_Tool ? ( i don't know how to add bsxx.dat to export)
Hi! It should be simple, just need to run program with the function that you want and target file, so if you want to extract you run:
BSXScript_Tool -e bsxx.dat
(make sure you have the target file in your directory)
and to compile just do -b instead:
BSXScript_Tool -b bsxx.dat

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Yamato「ハハハッ! いい感じになったな!」
Yamato: Hahaha! [good 'kanji'][became]!

"Kanji" (感じ) means feeling, and sometimes it's used like the english word 'like' as in, "Kono kanji" literally meaning "this feeling" and translating to something like "Something like this." In a more technical sense, it refers to the feeling that you're supposed to have when you perceive something, and if something is out of place, you get the feeling that "something is wrong."
Anyways, I was wondering if there was a better way to translate this line other than something very generic, and I'm leaning towards no. Oh well.

Yamato: Hahaha! Looking good!

Joshtp

Jan 20, 2018
Does anyone know how to modify only the translated lines and not the original ones? The issue I have is that when I try to grab the text with textractor from an already translated game, the words that end with "|n" appear together with the next one. What I am looking for is to add a space before each "|n" and replace it only in the translated lines and not in both but automatically. Any trick to do it in notepad++?

◇B00000A9◇That said, it's clear at a glance that they're having a pretty\ntough time.
◆B00000A9◆That said, it's clear at a glance that they're having a pretty\ntough time.

text1.png

Textractor:

text2.png

◇B00000A9◇That said, it's clear at a glance that they're having a pretty\ntough time.
◆B00000A9◆That said, it's clear at a glance that they're having a pretty(space)\ntough time.

That said, it's clear at a glance that they're having a pretty tough time.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Does anyone know how to modify only the translated lines and not the original ones? The issue I have is that when I try to grab the text with textractor from an already translated game, the words that end with "|n" appear together with the next one. What I am looking for is to add a space before each "|n" and replace it only in the translated lines and not in both but automatically. Any trick to do it in notepad++?
I had a janky workaround for this awhile back. You just have to search for (every alphabet letter)\n