Others None The memory a robot girl spins, #1 #2, Translation tools (Needed to tl game. Extra translator needed!)

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
ENG: The memory a robot girl spins
JP title :
LINK :

Description : Battle fuck rpg set in a post apocalyptic world, and a prequel to "The world a robot girl dreams of", which has been translated.

This thread is the attempt to focus translation efforts from a bunch of threads into one, by giving patches that allow the direct editing of the needed data in order to create a working translation. It is not a translation. (Yet.)

A user from the translator discord has managed to convert all the .MAP files into editable .json files, allowing you to edit the translation data correctly. This means that as long as you know japanese (and perferably a bit a ruby.), you should be able to translate the game. The patch is for and does a lot of the work for you, you just need to run the python script, and the conversion will happen.

Some additional information that will probably be helpful to translators, is that the game, while running ruby, uses a large amount of rpgmaker scripts and code, so people used to working with rpgmaker may have a better time. The game stores info using ruby objects, so these patches help with being able to edit them.

All of the game data outside of the map data that needs to be patched seems to be directly editable using Notepad++, so in theory all you need is knowledge of japanese (but we know that that may change if bugs arise.)

The script will convert the map data, stored in data/bin/map/ from a hard-to-work-with binary format to an easy-to-work-with JSON format, saving the result into data/bin/map-editable/. It will also patch the game code to use the newly converted JSON files instead of the original files.

Edit: The second game patch works on both games. Just download and run.

Last edited:
Reactions: AceCyclone

iltrof

Oct 4, 2017
User from the translator discord here.
I've updated the patch slightly, so use this one.

It should work on both games (tested on v4.0.8 of game 1 and v4.0.6 of game 2). Just drop patch.py into the game folder and run it with Python.

In the unmodified game, the bulk of the dialogue is stored in the data/bin/map, but the format is not easily editable. The previous patch just converted all of those map files into easily editable JSON, placed in data/bit/map-editable, to allow translation.

The new patch additionally enables translation of the lines in data/bin/recollect and data/bin/tutorial. The problem with those files is that they don't support commas. So, I've changed the game code to convert ;; (double semicolons) to commas (in just the recollect and tutorial folders, not anywhere else). So, for example, if you want the game to display "Hey, what are you doing?!", but the line is in the recollect folder, you would write "Hey;; what are you doing?!" in the file.

All other text files should be editable straight up (though I haven't tested it).

And to reiterate, this is just to allow translation; the patch won't translate anything for you.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
Based on what I saw on the latest trailer, which is of the third game, it became clear that the developers (P.D. Creations) have used a game engine that they made themselves. The reason for no original English translation to be present as of right now is for two reasons. First, they cannot speak English very well. Secondly, they haven't approved any original translations.

Leaving such an idea to them will surely help them.

Anyways, a translation to English potentially gives a worldwide audience. (I really wish that their games have English versions. That would mean someone will have to have a good reputation towards them, so good that he or she has access to their custom made game engine.

Last but not least, the trailer of part 3 of the prequel game has been released. The game (part 3) will be released at the end of January 2023 or later.

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
Based on what I saw on the latest trailer, which is of the third game, it became clear that the developers (P.D. Creations) have used a game engine that they made themselves. The reason for no original English translation to be present as of right now is for two reasons. First, they cannot speak English very well. Secondly, they haven't approved any original translations.

Leaving such an idea to them will surely help them.

Anyways, a translation to English potentially gives a worldwide audience. (I really wish that their games have English versions. That would mean someone will have to have a good reputation towards them, so good that he or she has access to their custom made game engine.

Last but not least, the trailer of part 3 of the prequel game has been released. The game (part 3) will be released at the end of January 2023 or later.

As of current a translation is being potentially worked on on the translation server, and once i have info that the translator is actually good to start I'll update the post.

iltrof

Oct 4, 2017
Alllright, so... I've been working on the patch and it's now a 800-line behemoth that I never wish to see again, but this time, it should hopefully actually allow translating everything in the game. But let's go in order.

1. Game download links.
There are links for v4.08 of part 1 and v4.06 of part 2 in another thread over here.
I've also uploaded v4.08 of part 1 and v4.09 of part 2 to mediafire: and .
If you've already downloaded v4.06 of part 2 and don't want to redownload the whole thing again, I've attached an archive with the files that changed (there's only 4 of them), so just get that and drop them into the folder to upgrade.

2. Patch and other translation tools.
You'll find (hopefully) all you need in "translation tools.zip". Here's what it includes:
  • The patch itself
  • A potential bugfix
  • Scripts for unpacking and repacking the game's .pis image files
  • A couple of .psd templates for you to test if the various text fits on the screen right
  • A full save (sort of) that I took from the other thread and modified to unlock everything
  • A sample translation
  • Instructions on how to translate the different files
The patch still creates an editable version of the maps in data/bin/map-editable/. There's no more nonsense with using ;; in place of commas, though -- the patch now simply edits the game files to use a different separator. And then there's a lot of UI tweaks. Like, a LOT. Had to make text smaller and buttons bigger in a lot of places if there was any chance of English text reasonably fitting in there. Hopefully I got everything because I never want to look at that code again.

The "bugfix" is for the first battle tutorial, which I think has unintended behavior. It probably worked in a previous version, but no one bothered to change it. On turn two, the Japanese version tells you to play with the tutorial girl's boobs or ass, but it lets you use three skills: caress, dirty talk, and grope chest. Regardless of what you do, the girl reacts as if you've hit her weak spot, which is just the chest. So, with the fix, I made sure only the "grope chest" skill is available for that turn. Up to you if you want to apply the fix, I suppose.

Both the patch and the bugfix are to be put into the game folder and run with python.

For details, just read the included instructions.

The sample translation contains:
  • The intro up until and including the first battle
  • At least one of every type of data
  • All of the menus translated (as well as just every string in the game code)
  • The most important graphics translated
Drop it into the game folder after applying the patch.

3. PSD files for the graphics in the sample translation
You'll probably want to edit the text on at least one of the images in the sample translation, so here are the PSDs for all of them:

Okay, this should be everything. Please let this be everything

Mar 29, 2020
Alllright, so... I've been working on the patch and it's now a 800-line behemoth that I never wish to see again, but this time, it should hopefully actually allow translating everything in the game. But let's go in order.

1. Game download links.
There are links for v4.08 of part 1 and v4.06 of part 2 in another thread over here.
If you've already downloaded v4.06 of part 2 and don't want to redownload the whole thing again, I've attached an archive with the files that changed (there's only 4 of them), so just get that and drop them into the folder to upgrade.

You'll find (hopefully) all you need in "translation tools.zip". Here's what it includes:
  • The patch itself
  • A potential bugfix
  • A couple of .psd templates for you to test if the various text fits on the screen right
  • A full save (sort of) that I took from the other thread and modified to unlock everything
  • A sample translation
The patch still creates an editable version of the maps in data/bin/map-editable/. There's no more nonsense with using ;; in place of commas, though -- the patch now simply edits the game files to use a different separator. And then there's a lot of UI tweaks. Like, a LOT. Had to make text smaller and buttons bigger in a lot of places if there was any chance of English text reasonably fitting in there. Hopefully I got everything because I never want to look at that code again.

The "bugfix" is for the first battle tutorial, which I think has unintended behavior. It probably worked in a previous version, but no one bothered to change it. On turn two, the Japanese version tells you to play with the tutorial girl's boobs or ass, but it lets you use three skills: caress, dirty talk, and grope chest. Regardless of what you do, the girl reacts as if you've hit her weak spot, which is just the chest. So, with the fix, I made sure only the "grope chest" skill is available for that turn. Up to you if you want to apply the fix, I suppose.

Both the patch and the bugfix are to be put into the game folder and run with python.

You'll probably want to edit the text on at least one of the images in the sample translation, so here are the PSDs for all of them:

Thank you for the initiative. Now all we have to do is look for translators and for those who can read Japanese, translate it to English.

But don't forget that part 3 will be released in the new future. When this happened, can you make an updated version of your original message (update the zip file)?

This way the game can be translated as a whole.

iltrof

Oct 4, 2017
But don't forget that part 3 will be released in the new future. When this happened, can you make an updated version of your original message (update the zip file)?
Someone will have to notify me (with a dl link for the game), but yeah, I can do that.

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
As of right now, the translator has started work on the game and has estimated that it will take one to two months to complete because of how large the game is. If nothing breaks, stops them, or if we don't encounter any issues, we should be looking at mid to late February to March as the release estimate.

However, should something happen and the translator not come about, I'll let you guys know, and any potential translators that wanted to work on this.

If someone wants to work on this and want to be on standby to help with issues, lmk. the translator is used to translating visual novels, not rpgm games, so we might encounter some roughs spots.

RazedToThrill

Feb 22, 2020
As of right now, the translator has started work on the game and has estimated that it will take one to two months to complete because of how large the game is. If nothing breaks, stops them, or if we don't encounter any issues, we should be looking at mid to late February to March as the release estimate.

However, should something happen and the translator not come about, I'll let you guys know, and any potential translators that wanted to work on this.

If someone wants to work on this and want to be on standby to help with issues, lmk. the translator is used to translating visual novels, not rpgm games, so we might encounter some roughs spots.
Do you have a reference to this translator?

Mar 29, 2020

1. Game download links.

• The patch itself
  • A potential bugfix
  • A sample translation

Part 3 has been released with a 20% sale.
And someone (not me) .

Reactions: MassiveDong51

triplebrc

May 29, 2019
So can someone actually tell me how to get part 2 (not the newest one) to function? First game worked fine back then, second one does not even have an exe, supposedly they can be combined, tried in all ways I can think of, nothing works, and this whole mess of various versions and partially dead download links being sprinkled over numerous threads is something I refuse to deal with any longer for the sake of my own sanity, and my poor internet connections too.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
So can someone actually tell me how to get part 2 (not the newest one) to function? First game worked fine back then, second one does not even have an exe, supposedly they can be combined, tried in all ways I can think of, nothing works, and this whole mess of various versions and partially dead download links being sprinkled over numerous threads is something I refuse to deal with any longer for the sake of my own sanity, and my poor internet connections too.
First you combine them, then you click on the update.bat file.

For the newest one, you do almost the same and then use update2.bat

triplebrc

May 29, 2019
First you combine them, then you click on the update.bat file.

For the newest one, you do almost the same and then use update2.bat
Tried that a few times, copied part 1 to part 2, part 2 to part 1, then both into a new folder, it does not update properly (command xcopy was written wrong or could not be found) and then it complains about msvcrt-ruby230.dll being missing when trying to start the game. Tried with several different versions of part 2 too without success.

Edit: Screw it, tried everything imaginable, just gonna skip part 2 and wait until someone uploads all 3 parts combined into one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quite Frankly