• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML The Road to Adulthood [Development Thread]

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Only seen the first few pages in the game, but I saw 2 characters in the game files played by the same actress. Are the mother and Veronica 2 different characters (twins, maybe?), or the same one but with different file folders for some reason?
Yes, you got it right, they are twins.

Although it was not in the initial script, this is the idea that we came up with together with smokrader. Also, this character will play a pretty important part in the plot of the game and will give new opportunities to the main character in future updates.

Noticed a line in the start where you are called both the default name and the custom name. (my custom name was JimBob)

Isabel
Well, in a way you are right JimBob , I have a different specialty, but still I have some experience in this field. Well, the main reason is that your mother wanted me to become your doctor. That's why I'm here, Sergei.
Thanks again for reporting this error, I already fixed it about a couple of days ago. Another person informed me about this, and then, for reliability, I decided to check all the points in the game with such an error.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Is there a way to have the sound on by default in the videos? Or have the video controls show up automatically?
Sound and video controls have been disabled in the game. I say in advance that I am not going to turn them on and I do not plan to.

The game was created with this element in mind and the inclusion of sound in scenes to disrupt the logic of dialogues during sex scenes. For the sake of a couple of people, I'm not going to change the game code.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
What next you are planing ?
I am currently working on the next update for my game.

- This update includes rewriting almost all the text in the game.

- New sex content.

- Bug fixes in the game and pleasant improvements to the game in some aspects.

The updates are quite large in terms of work on the redesign and therefore I can't say when 0.0.6 will be released.
Therefore, when the updates are ready, I will inform you in this topic, but do not forget that the game must go through all the testing stages before the release of a new update and then I will be able to download it and send it to people.

I hope I answered your question, if you have any more questions, you can safely ask.

Dec 8, 2017
Anyone else playing on Firefox? The built-in translation plugin doesn't seem to be detecting the text in the game, anyone else having more success than me?

mornox

Dec 2, 2016
I'm using the TWP - Translate Web Pages addon. I wasn't even aware Firefox natively translated pages now.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Anyone else playing on Firefox? The built-in translation plugin doesn't seem to be detecting the text in the game, anyone else having more success than me?
I'm using the TWP - Translate Web Pages addon. I wasn't even aware Firefox natively translated pages now.
I think it's my mistake that I didn't specify which browsers I tested machine translation on.

I use Google myself, and it performs this function quite adequately without third-party plugins. But mostly I use translations from English to Russian.

But a test I conducted on Google and Yandex browser. As tests have shown, Yandex does a better job with translation, but this is information for those who want to get the best translation.

Again, I repeat for those who have not read the game header, I am not going to work on two versions of the game like my other colleagues on the shop floor. This game was not created in order to make money from Western players, as other developers from the CIS region do.

This game was created as a hobby and nothing more, the main thing is that it brings players pleasure from the game and in return does not require money from them ;) In order for this concept to work, I had to write a fairly unified code for many things in the game, which allowed me to relieve myself of a headache in terms of writing code for every thing in the game.

Taking into account such preparatory actions for the development of the game, I will be able to achieve a very good result and the main pace of development, but there is a factor that cannot be treated - this is human laziness. :cautious:

Reactions: letsgethappy