Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
So I have no Idea how I managed to pass that quest.
Probably by getting lairs with pre-built fire and tentacle traps. These are counted.

btw max mobilize is 100 too?
No, fear and mobilization max out at 20.

This considered alive or dead?
Right now, she's 'barely alive'. :) If you look at her detailed stats, she probably has somewhere between 0 and 1 HP. I'm changing this so they die when they go below 1 HP.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, looks like it is. Should it be changed? I can make patrols follow the same [mobilization - poverty/5 >= 10] pattern as the 'fixed' encounters.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
:unsure: Its not easy to let it go up to 20, aside from being lazy and sleeping alot and making eggs. But then it might be too hard for others. Perhaps add a dragon size check also? Bigger dragon size, chance of more mobs.

Also great job on the repeating palace, elf grove, dwarf hall enemy waves. Its very fun to wipe em over n over n over...

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
awrite now for some real fights

1606660030270.png

Also upped the max mobilize in kingdom.rpy to 40 for testing

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Also upped the max mobilize in kingdom.rpy to 40 for testing
Not a good idea, lots of places assume it's between 0 and 20. :(

If you want bigger patrols, just change
Code:
        troops = [guard]
        for x in xrange(int(kingdom.mobilization//5)):
            troops.append(select([guard2,guard2,guard3]))
to (fixed version! really, now!)
Code:
        troops = [guard]
        for x in xrange(int(min(4,kingdom.mobilization//4))):
            troops.append(select([guard2,guard2,guard3]))
in the six 'hunt' .rpy files.

Edit:
Perhaps add a dragon size check also? Bigger dragon size, chance of more mobs.
Would be weird from an immersion POV. How does a big dragon magically increase patrol size? If the Kingdom really wants to kill the lizard, they are not going to skimp on patrols arguing that 'oh, but he's not so big...'. The dragon's actions have already shown that he's bad news no matter the size.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Would be weird from an immersion POV. How does a big dragon magically increase patrol size? If the Kingdom really wants to kill the lizard, they are not going to skimp on patrols arguing that 'oh, but he's not so big...'. The dragon's actions have already shown that he's bad news no matter the size.
Maybe add in another mob like Foolhardy guard, and chance to appear during max mobilize?

Difficulty level doesnt seem to be used for many things. How about using it for poverty decay and mobilize increase?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Maybe add in another mob like Foolhardy guard, and chance to appear during max mobilize?
'Max mobilize' already gives you 5 enemies. There should be something that sets 20 mobilization apart from 0-19, and currently it's the number of enemies.

Difficulty level doesnt seem to be used for many things. How about using it for poverty decay and mobilize increase?
Have you tried an honest playthrough (well, as honest as savescumming ever is) of hard or impossible? :devilish: Things are plenty bad there already.

Poverty decay has been seen as 'too much' from either end (flamewolf393's wastelands and your issues with getting it to rise at all), so I'd say it's rougly balanced. Mobilization already increases faster if it's far from where it should be. I don't want to make it near-instant, either.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
I will say the poverty decay rate seems really slow. Though I guess its pretty realistic that if you devastate all the villages across the kingdom its going to have a hard time recovering. But from a gameplay perspective it does go down really slow. And what really sucks is once the demons are out it never goes down again, but again that just makes unfortunate sense :(

My poverty is so bad even the jotuns are abandoning their ice castles :p

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Long sleeps of a month or more will get a good poverty decay rate.

What about chance for extra wave of guard mobs during max mobilize?

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The code change added an invisible mob. It just counts as another mob, but does not appear in battle or does any action.

1606736323690.png

Fought a 5 mob battle and 6 len troops were counted.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Enchanted grove location not removed after burning tree of life. Going in again will have choices to head for tree of life or search for maidens.

head for tree - black screen, instant fame +4
search for maidens - still works.

1606736484391.png

Currently living in dwarf halls, wheres the elf grove?

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
So Ive decided that Im bored and am going to try playing on impossible. Can I get some tips on starting off so its not too bad? :p

So it seems that impossible truly is impossible. Theres no way to finish the very first quest of gain 10 infamy, because the moment you have 5 infamy you get mobilization 1 and all the encounters that would give infamy are impossible to win. Becuase of this you cant ever gain any XP, so you can never evolve at all. Nevermind I got a lucky break and they didnt mobilize one day, and by destroying instead of robbing I just barely managed to break the 10 threshold.

Just hit year 2 and I dont have a single evolution yet, and the seals are already down by 200 even though my infamy has never gone about 13 -_-'

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Will get back to the rest tomorrow, but...

So Ive decided that Im bored and am going to try playing on impossible. Can I get some tips on starting off so its not too bad?
Savescum like your life depends on it. :p F9 is your only friend there. And read back through my posts a little. Getting magic and the belly are vital.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Almost three years in and I finally got my first evolution (went for creeping ugliness so I can demand tribute from towns now). Oh and the seals are half gone all ready. I can already tell that I wont even have access to altars before the demons come :p

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
I recall you saying you improved jewcrafting.
Is there any more details you csn spare about it? Will having multiple workshops be of any use? Im considering leveling it up but it seems 2 much of a pain with questionable profits.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Think impressive size quest unlocks the workshop. Also some high tier lairs have them prebuilt in case you dont want to evolve to that size yet.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes