• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Think impressive size quest unlocks the workshop. Also some high tier lairs have them prebuilt in case you dont want to evolve to that size yet.
I was impressive size, working on huge so it must be bigger than that. And you mean the high tier lairs that are basically impossible to find? the best lairs i found were the stone castle, abandoned monestary, and the elf grove. even spending a straight three months exploring cant find any of the end game lairs :(

So how do you stop the thief from robbing you blind? She completely bypasses everything. She sneaks past minions, she disarms traps with the 30' pole, and she puts you to sleep with sleeping powder, then takes literally everything down to the last copper piece. In the morning I had all my goblins quit to non-payment and without them I cant raid any towns for money to get more. I have to reload everytime the thief finds my lair, and right now I only have the one lair so I cant just change lairs to confuse her :(

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Hire lots of goblins.
Build lots of tentacle traps
Rape lots of peasants and burghess to get poisonous minions

One or all of those should suffice and catch the thief every time.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Hire lots of goblins.
Build lots of tentacle traps
Rape lots of peasants and burghess to get poisonous minions

One or all of those should suffice and catch the thief every time.
Even 50 goblins doesnt stop her, and I dont have tentacle traps or minions yet. Im still tiny size and cant rape peasants yet on this playthrough.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I will say the poverty decay rate seems really slow. Though I guess its pretty realistic that if you devastate all the villages across the kingdom its going to have a hard time recovering. But from a gameplay perspective it does go down really slow.
Poverty is both hard to start and hard to stop once it gets going. Mostly for 'realism'. I'm not sure it needs changing but I'm not sure it doesn't, either. :unsure:

And what really sucks is once the demons are out it never goes down again
Yeah, demons are bad. :devilish:

What about chance for extra wave of guard mobs during max mobilize?
Too hardcore even for me. Nobody patrols with their whole army, it defeats the whole point of patrolling.

The code change added an invisible mob.
My bad. :( See the fixed post above.

Enchanted grove location not removed after burning tree of life.
Intended. You didn't kill all of the tree-huggers yet, not by a long shot. :D

head for tree - black screen, instant fame +4
Will take a look.

Currently living in dwarf halls, wheres the elf grove?
'Dark Grove'.

Almost three years in...
How are you not buried in a mountain of demons yet? 666 days is less than 2 years... :confused:

...and I finally got my first evolution
Fear is not that useful on impossible, What you absolutely need is something that boosts your power (paws, horns etc), magic (golden head, small size) and satiety (belly).

Oh and the seals are half gone all ready. I can already tell that I wont even have access to altars before the demons come
Impossible is all about a razor-sharp focus on getting 5 mana and 250 satiety. Even if you manage to claim the forgotten temple, you need at least one more altar.

Secondary goals are getting a homunculus and upping your virility to where you can breed basilisks and lizardmen (5+).

I recall you saying you improved jewcrafting.
:LOL: Good one. Yeah, it's decidedly more profitable. I overhauled the whole chance calculation (use debug mode and up your craft mastery from the crafting screen for a visual representation of the algorithm) and made sure rarer jewelry (tiaras and scepters vs plain rings and aanklets etc) have a bigger payoff.

Will having multiple workshops be of any use?
They should allow you to process multiple items at once without taking more time.

Im considering leveling it up but it seems 2 much of a pain with questionable profits.
I think you'll find the profits much improved. :D

...how do you even get workshops?
As said, make a lair somewhere nice (about five lairs come with a built-in workshop) or complete the 'Desolation' quest, which comes after 'Protected Lair' and 'Scourge of the Plains'. I don't think size matters.

There are about five lairs with workshops, and the Dwarves are a guaranteed occurrence. The other two more common ones are Summer Palaces and Mountain Citadels.

...cant find any of the end game lairs
They are a bit rare, yes. I'll probably increase the weights when I cease to be so busy with other stuff. :(

So how do you stop the thief from robbing you blind? She completely bypasses everything.
Don't let her level up so much. Catch her when she's still green. :p

...she puts you to sleep with sleeping powder...
Or savescum her into getting the fake poweder. :devilish:

In the morning I had all my goblins quit to non-payment...
:LOL: Goblin union rules are a bitch.

...I only have the one lair so I cant just change lairs to confuse her
Sack a farm and make your lair in the ruins?

Even 50 goblins doesnt stop her...
Goblins are bad at catching intruders. Twice as bad, to be precise. Breeding lots of snakes is probably better, as long as she doesn't get the antidote.

But honestly, I just reloaded her into the fake sleeping powder. Take that, treasure-molesting female! :p

...cant rape peasants yet on this playthrough.
Your very first target should be something that lets you rape the weakest peasants and gives you more attack power. Paws, horns, claws, stuff like that. Don't be too quick to increase your size, you'll slow yourself down somewhat.

You're the artillery in your goblin squad and at half health a lot of the time due to keeping infamy down, so don't go for HP increases.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
How are you not buried in a mountain of demons yet? 666 days is less than 2 years... :confused:
I dunno, you dont lose a seal every single day even on impossible. Maybe its cause im keeping my infamy below 10 the whole time? *shrugs*

Fear is not that useful on impossible, What you absolutely need is something that boosts your power (paws, horns etc), magic (golden head, small size) and satiety (belly).

Impossible is all about a razor-sharp focus on getting 5 mana and 250 satiety. Even if you manage to claim the forgotten temple, you need at least one more altar.

Secondary goals are getting a homunculus and upping your virility to where you can breed basilisks and lizardmen (5+).
How the hell are you suppossed to get all of that before the demons come out? Im 486 days in and having to grind out the last few XP for my second evolution, I only have 8 gold, and not a single minion.

Don't let her level up so much. Catch her when she's still green. :p

Or savescum her into getting the fake poweder. :devilish:
You cant control how the thief levels up, or catch her while shes green, she never shows up to the lair until shes fully geared out. How do you save scum her getting a fake powder? You never know when shes going to get it.

Sack a farm and make your lair in the ruins?
Im already in the ruins of a sacked farm. It wont let you move to a different ruins if you are already in a ruins

Your very first target should be something that lets you rape the weakest peasants and gives you more attack power. Paws, horns, claws, stuff like that. Don't be too quick to increase your size, you'll slow yourself down somewhat.
Weve had this discussion before, you cant rape anyone until you are medium size. Remember I said i had a heavy combat build at small, working paws, long tail, and flapping wings, and I still couldnt rape anyone. Then the moment I hit medium size I was able to rape everyone.

You're the artillery in your goblin squad and at half health a lot of the time due to keeping infamy down, so don't go for HP increases.
Ive never gone for HP increases, other than what the size increases include in them. But tbh given how powerful the encounters are on impossible I dont think the extra 4 points of damage would help much

This is really annoying me how long its taking to grind for just 10 damn XP... the only battle I can win that gives XP is destroying a lonely farm, and that only seems to give an XP point every 2-3 times. Robbing a village doesnt give XP, nor does hunting sheep or wild animals -_-'

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Phantom mob still there for some reason with the fix. will try to see if its all locations. This one was sea.

1606818537125.png

I have fixed all the locations tho. Yup its all patrols at max 20 mobilize.

Since enchanted forest is a good source of alva, why not remove them from the slave trader list?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I dunno, you dont lose a seal every single day even on impossible. Maybe its cause im keeping my infamy below 10 the whole time?
No, that can't be it. I specifically played against this in my test game, ending at 715 days in, 98 seals left and 10 sacrifices of ~15 a pop. Which adds up about right.

Weve had this discussion before, you cant rape anyone until you are medium size.
Three possibilities then: you have a screwy installation; there's a serious bug that somehow fails to affect me (possible, since I tend to have a different version than others :p); or there's some sort of mechanic at play I've forgotten to mention.

Can you provide me with a save where a small or tiny dragon with power >1 can rape absolutely nothing? And preferably also a save on impossible that has had seal decay of less than once per day for a while.

These things are very much not intended, and I'd like to resolve them.

How the hell are you suppossed to get all of that before the demons come out? Im 486 days in and having to grind out the last few XP for my second evolution, I only have 8 gold, and not a single minion.
First, your goal is to avoid the demons breaking out at all costs. :sneaky:

Second, you get into fights every chance you get. No demanding of tribute, just slaughter all the dogs and chickens that catch your eye! :D

Third, you do quests. 'No Longer a Hatchling', 'Dragon's Lair', 'Dragonspawn' and 'Growing Pains' are all complete-able. I guess 'Tribes!' was, too, for a while. These give you 225XP, and you can get 50-75XP from combats over a two-year period. Paws or horns are 60-65XP, small size is 60XP, Belly 150XP, for a total of 275XP. So this is all barely possible.

You cant control how the thief levels up, or catch her while shes green, she never shows up to the lair until shes fully geared out.
I vewwy carefully reloaded every time my first thief gained something positive, so in the end she arrived sometime during the second year and promptly got caught (due to the fake powder or antidote, don't recall). She was renamed 'Sneaky Slut' and had to go on a female-torturing training regimen after she got her first snake baby out of the way. Just for aesthetics, mind, since she was so gimped she was still a peasant. :devilish:

How do you save scum her getting a fake powder? You never know when shes going to get it.
You savescum everything. She gets an ability or item while you sleep, reload. She is out adventuring and getting closer, reload. She get's a cursed item or nothing, well, that's all right. But you can still reload, just in case. :sneaky:

Im already in the ruins of a sacked farm. It wont let you move to a different ruins if you are already in a ruins
Hmm, true. I don't know, should I change that?

In any case, finding a cave in the forest or mountains is easy enough, too.

But tbh given how powerful the encounters are on impossible I dont think the extra 4 points of damage would help much
Depends. If the enemies completely outclass you, that's right. But until you get a homunculus, the goblins and chickens don't do enough damage to reliably take down enemies, even if it takes them a while to kill your minions. So you have to pick up the 'DPS' (or 'DPT') role yourself.

This is really annoying me how long its taking to grind for just 10 damn XP... the only battle I can win that gives XP is destroying a lonely farm, and that only seems to give an XP point every 2-3 times. Robbing a village doesnt give XP, nor does hunting sheep or wild animals -_-'
Foxes give like 0.7 XP, divided among all party members. The game keeps track of fractional XP. Dogs give 1, 'mobs' give 2. That's why hunting alone is normally preferable, but it's a no-starter on impossible.

Every time the life tree gets burned, it will say 'claim the elven grove'
Well, it's a 'Dark Elven Grove', or a 'Dark Grove' for short. :p What other grove did you think it was?

Perform crafting with less action point?
Only when mass crafting.

Phantom mob still there for some reason with the fix.
Shouldn't be. Can you zip up your 'hunt' files and attach them here, I'd like to see what's wrong.

Since enchanted forest is a good source of alva, why not remove them from the slave trader list?
Elves are all over the place, so removing them from there won't do much. And you need some good sacrifices occasionally. What better for that than an elven virgin? :sneaky:

New knight inherit previous knight abilities items?
No, but knights gain a bunch of initial stats depending on your reputation level. If it's high, they start out pretty powerful.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Well, it's a 'Dark Elven Grove', or a 'Dark Grove' for short. :p What other grove did you think it was?
Thought it was another location in darkwood....

I've made all guard mobs reduce mobilize and cause poverty [1 for each mob] - dead troops dont get paid, and are not able to spend their coins in the economy. Just my peverse logic.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
About the hunt issue, fixed the post again. :(

Thought it was another location in darkwood....
Why should you have access to random places in the Darkwood from outside of it? :confused:

I've made all guard mobs reduce mobilize and cause poverty [1 for each mob] - dead troops dont get paid, and are not able to spend their coins in the economy.
This is a medieval economy. Money is a lot less important than it is or was even a few hundred years ago, especially money from a comparatively tiny warrior class.

And mobilization is more of a scale than an accurate reflection. There are not 100 patrollers in the entire Kingdom. :p So reducing mobilization according to the number of troops doesn't really make sense.

You can of course to whatever you want in your personal copy. But you've broken so many things in there that I don't really see what kind of fun you can get from playing such a neutered game. Yours is essentially a (sub-par) VN now. :cry:

Different strokes, I guess.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
And every time a new version comes out I have to redo all my modding, and it will always never be the same mods, theres either less or more so its a new go every time. Lotta work to do. :devilish: Crazy Modder I am :ROFLMAO:

Why should you have access to random places in the Darkwood from outside of it?
Isnt twisted grove the lair in darkwood? So I thought dark was another one, after defeating the totem animals in it.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
No, but knights gain a bunch of initial stats depending on your reputation level. If it's high, they start out pretty powerful.
Well then they shouldnt need to do all the events to get those items and abilities, isnt it just giving extra time for dragon to prep? Not that dragon needs anymore prep with so many converted knights and thieves waiting to pounce...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not all groves are in the Darkwood. :p

...I have to redo all my modding... Lotta work to do. Crazy Modder I am
Yah, I've trod that path so many times it's not even funny anymore. The modding train hasn't even heard brakes exist. :sneaky:

Edit:
Well then they shouldnt need to do all the events to get those items and abilities, isnt it just giving extra time for dragon to prep?
How so? No 'gain ability' or 'gain item' events means that they get the 'find lair' events instead, coming at you faster.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
:unsure: maybe time to think of some new events for them.

You mentioned some scenes need writing, what was it about again?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You mentioned some scenes need writing, what was it about again?
The 'Meridiana'/'Fillia' events are supposed to be extra random encounters in the Forest, Mountains and Countryside with orcs, minotaurs, tentacles in a cave and humans. You get to fight or otherwise acquire an 'elven sorceress' or an 'elven amazon'.

I also want to do three events for demons: random encounters for a battle between Crusaders and demons, a demon summoning and demon-infested variants of several castle lairs. Some of them ought to have a 'demon' girl for capture as well.

I have pictures for most of them, but no time to do anything before Christmas, though. :(

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The 'Meridiana'/'Fillia' events are supposed to be extra random encounters in the Forest, Mountains and Countryside with orcs, minotaurs, tentacles in a cave and humans. You get to fight or otherwise acquire an 'elven sorceress' or an 'elven amazon'.
You want the char to be the leader, mind controlling the orcs, minotaurs, and keeping the humans in breeding pits. A wannabe dragon?

You fight 5 mobs of orcs, then 5 mino, then herself. Victory means you capture her, and maybe throw in random peasants, burghess? With option to free them or take them or eat them.

random encounters for a battle between Crusaders and demons
Simillar to the elf god events?

a demon summoning
Fight 5 cultist mobs, then the demon herself?

demon-infested variants of several castle lairs
Dragon encounters the castle already taken over by cultist, fight several battles with them, then fight 5 demon mobs, capture the demon leader

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You want the char to be the leader, mind controlling the orcs, minotaurs, and keeping the humans in breeding pits. A wannabe dragon?
No, these are elven sluts out adventuring, not some sort of deconstruction of the dragon trope. TfD/DDM is not a parody. :cautious:

You fight 5 mobs of orcs, then 5 mino, then herself. Victory means you capture her, and maybe throw in random peasants, burghess? With option to free them or take them or eat them.
Not everyone breaks their game with modding and then needs over-the-top encounters to balance it out. Less is more. :p

Simillar to the elf god events?
Somewhat, although the elves would be more similar. One of the 'Meridiana' encounters is even with a 'deer-beast'.

Demons would be 'fight and be mobbed' or 'wait and fight the winner'.

Fight 5 cultist mobs, then the demon herself?
Not really. The cultist would be already wasted. Fight some demons/imps who have gotten loose, or have an encounter where a summoned succubus is doing what succubi always do, and claim her.

Dragon encounters the castle already taken over by cultist, fight several battles with them, then fight 5 demon mobs, capture the demon leader
Not that OTT. Basically, replace the defenders with demons, change texts, make sure they line up with seal loss.

Note: The cultists and the demons are not allied. The cultists are (possibly well-meaning) idiots with too much power.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
No, these are elven sluts out adventuring
So that it wont be so hard to find elf sluts;
countryside - elf getting fucked by humans
forest - elf fucked by deer beast
mountains - elf fucked by orc/mino, elf prisoner of tentacle monster in cave

Definitely not virgin anymore

Demons would be 'fight and be mobbed' or 'wait and fight the winner'.
Demon fighting crusaders event?

Not that OTT. Basically, replace the defenders with demons, change texts, make sure they line up with seal loss.
scale seal loss to number of demons?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes