Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
JFC these goddamn fucking sheep! I am seriously getting pissed off at how rare these sheep are. Even on a literally brand new game Im having to reload 20 to 50 times a sleep cycle to get a damn sheep. Either increase the weight of the sheep encounter so its the same as the other animals, or better yet decrease the chance of the dragon getting bored and wandering off, which is at least 50% of the time. Im literally here cursing at my computer cause this dragon is so fucking stupid every time he wanders off and i have to reload again.

edit: actually had a brilliant idea: weight the chance of the dragon getting bored based on how hungry he is. If hes at starving then he never gets bored at all cause hes so desperate for food, but if hes nearly full he gets bored of hunting almost all the time!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i didnt know there was a progressive minimum.
It's not progressive, just a straight percentage of your maximum.

Is there a way to change it only for easy difficulty?
Make that 'return 0' into
Code:
            if difficulty_level <= 0:
                return 0
Even on a literally brand new game Im having to reload 20 to 50 times a sleep cycle to get a damn sheep. Either increase the weight of the sheep encounter so its the same as the other animals
Sheep are actually more common than the others. From 'event_plains.ini':
Code:
[gooze]
name = gooze
base = 30
multiplier = const 1
regen = 10

[pigs]
name = pigs
base = 30
multiplier = const 1
regen = 10

[sheepherd]
name = sheepherd
base = 40
multiplier = const 1
regen = 7

[cattle]
name = cattle
base = 30
multiplier = const 1
regen = 10

Even on a literally brand new game Im having to reload 20 to 50 times a sleep cycle to get a damn sheep.
Didn't happen in my test, so I still suspect what's happening is you going 'eat sheep' ten times and then wondering where all the lambs are. :p

Im literally here cursing at my computer cause this dragon is so fucking stupid every time he wanders off and i have to reload again.
He's young and stupid (and cute, if you're playing on easy). Never encountered any children/teenagers before? :D

actually had a brilliant idea: weight the chance of the dragon getting bored based on how hungry he is. If hes at starving then he never gets bored at all cause hes so desperate for food, but if hes nearly full he gets bored of hunting almost all the time!
When he's hungry and gets bored, that just means he can't take his grumbling stomach while scanning an empty horizon for the 300th time. So he jumps over the next hill and tries to find anything. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

'Look for animals' is what it says on the tin, keep the dragon's eyes peeled for edible critters and scan the area a few more times before moving on (and the success rate scales with his level, so he becomes better at it through the game). It's not 'look for food until you find it'. That would cost much more stamina, and thus wouldn't really work to solve your problem.

The solution is, again, to raid the farmsteads once the sheep are exhausted. If you can't take pigs/cattle, you won't make a dent in the poverty rating this way.

Reactions: Rexaureus

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
"Sheep are actually more common than the others. From 'event_plains.ini': "
Thats really really strange then, cause ignoring getting bored results, cows are well over half of my results, pigs being a close second, with geese being fairly rare, and sheep being *very* rare. You sure you didnt make an adjustment to your files that hasnt been rolled out in a public fix yet? edit: I was gonna check my own copy of that file, but I cant find it anywhere..."

" Didn't happen in my test, so I still suspect what's happening is you going 'eat sheep' ten times and then wondering where all the lambs are. "
Except even in a brand new game Im having this problem. And if this was a thing, then why do cows never become rare once I get big enough to eat those every day? Sheep are literally the only thing I have this problem with. And why is there any rate of depletion at all any way for a small dragon? A cat sized dragon would be lucky to eat even a single full sheep in a sitting. Given that an average sheep flock has dozens of sheep in it, he should be able to keep munching on the same flock for months. If I was a huge dragon gulping down several sheep at a time, it would make sense, but not for this little bitty guy.

" He's young and stupid (and cute, if you're playing on easy). Never encountered any children/teenagers before? :D "
Hes still just as stupid as an adult though :p

"The solution is, again, to raid the farmsteads once the sheep are exhausted. If you can't take pigs/cattle, you won't make a dent in the poverty rating this way. "
Except the lonely farm only gives 19 satiety, so you gotta do three of them to get 1 sheep worth, plus if there is even 1 mobility the mob added in makes it so the tiny guy cant beat it. At least on impossible, the sheep encounter is literally the only reliable food source for a tiny dragon until at least after his second evolution.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think events regenerate takes 7 days? So short sleeps will reduce it?
Event regen only depends on days passed, not how you pass them. Long slumbers, short naps, no sleeping at all, doesn't matter.

You sure you didnt make an adjustment to your files that hasnt been rolled out in a public fix yet?
Quite, but you don't have to take my word for it. Check your event_plains.ini in 'game/db' and see for yourself.

Except even in a brand new game Im having this problem.
Okay, let's test this, then. Next time you have a lot of trouble with sheep and have to reload, reload once more and console
Code:
len(events.loc['plains']['sheepherd'].get())
len(events.loc['plains']['pigs'].get())
len(events.loc['plains']['cattle'].get())
Then tell me what the results were and how your reloading went.

And if this was a thing, then why do cows never become rare once I get big enough to eat those every day?
They shouldn't. Eating cows six days in a row should remove them completely for a few days, and make them rather rare for a while.

I think you're experiencing here is that you have longer sleep cycles when your dragon is bigger, so it feels like animals regenerate faster.

And why is there any rate of depletion at all any way for a small dragon? A cat sized dragon would be lucky to eat even a single full sheep in a sitting.
You only eat a fixed number of sheep at any size. The in-game explanation isn't that you've eaten all the sheep in the Kingdom. :D It's that you've ravaged the sheep herds often enough that the peasants are keeping them locked up, or evacuate at the drop of a hat, etc.

Hes still just as stupid as an adult though
No, he isn't. Once the dragon hits level 21, he never gets bored again unless there's absolutely nothing to hunt. Not even ogres.

Except the lonely farm only gives 19 satiety, so you gotta do three of them to get 1 sheep worth
19 satiety is plenty to survive a sleep cycle (2 for hunger, 2 for HP, 5 for lust, 10 for evolving). Sheep are for when you need a buffer or are trying to do something extra, like building up your lair or non-food encounters.

...plus if there is even 1 mobility the mob added in makes it so the tiny guy cant beat it.
Not unless you play on impossible. And complaining that impossible is too hard... :rolleyes: It's supposed to be very nearly impossible. :devilish:

At least on impossible, the sheep encounter is literally the only reliable food source for a tiny dragon until at least after his second evolution.
One of the really important things on impossible is to always reduce infamy to manageable levels. Both farms and small villages at 0 mobilization are perfectly doable with a starter dragon and four goblins.

Reactions: Rexaureus

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
One passage after defeating the white lion 1st time.

Griffin rider lines in mountain palace battle.

1607272757294.png

dicken

Nov 21, 2018
hi there, need help with capture females and breed monsters
I am at the medium size but still fails to rape most of the peasants I catch. There are 2 outcomes. I fail to rape them due to their struggle until I get too angry. Or I rape them successfully yet in the end I have to let them go as if I failed to rape them. Is this a bug?
The rare ones I capture get killed extremely often by the goblin raping events in my lair. I thought it was due to the number of goblins in the lair so I dropped them to 0 yet the event still triggered. Is there a hidden mechanism for this?

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Not really advisable to rape them in the open. Better to drag them back and rape in lair. I think some of the peasant types are more hardy - diver, washer, those hard work types would have more hp.

Peasant, burghess, nun, noble are all usually quite weak and die easily to rape. Terrify them buy tossing them into cages and torturing them.A cage can terrify a captive up to 50, which will change the 'rape' action to 'mate' . If theres no change you need to torture, wait for hp recovery then repeat torture.

Not sure about minion rape. I think you need to increase your own fear by getting fear evolutions - some of the specials have it. When your minions fear you they wont simply rape the captives, I think. It happens because their power is higher than the poor girls so they get raped or eaten.

Is there a hidden mechanism for this?
nothing is hidden really, you can get notepad++, set it to recognize python script and you can read most of the game code files.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am at the medium size but still fails to rape most of the peasants I catch. There are 2 outcomes. I fail to rape them due to their struggle until I get too angry. Or I rape them successfully yet in the end I have to let them go as if I failed to rape them. Is this a bug?
Maybe, maybe not. Do you get into the rape screen via "She's a pawful, but let's try..." or "Probably worth doing..."? If it's the first, the problem is that you're too weak. Size isn't everything. :p

'Let go' is not tied to rape results. You either get "Let her go"/"Take her to the Lair" (which means you are doing whatever you want) or "Leave her be" (meaning she's too strong for you).

If you have no goblins anywhere and goblin feasts are still occurring, shoot me a save. Otherwise, check your other minions.

The rare ones I capture get killed extremely often by the goblin raping events in my lair. I thought it was due to the number of goblins in the lair so I dropped them to 0 yet the event still triggered.
Zero goblins, zero goblin feasts. Are you sure you got rid of all the goblins, including those in rooms? And that it was a goblin feast, not some other critters tasting your catch?

There are other minions who like to eat your captives. Cockatrices are probably the first ones you get.

Is there a hidden mechanism for this?
Several, but none that produce goblins out of thin air.

Not really advisable to rape them in the open. Better to drag them back and rape in lair.
+1

I think some of the peasant types are more hardy - diver, washer, those hard work types would have more hp.
Pretty much all peasants are hardy. Mermaids are even hardier, which is why blue heads are quite nice.

Not sure about minion rape.
Most of the details are described here.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Code:
        def has_all_special_captives(self, virgins = True):
            homunculi_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['homunculus'], virgins = virgins)
            knight_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['knight'], virgins = virgins)
            thief_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['thief'], virgins = virgins)
            huntress_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['huntress'], virgins = virgins)
            sacrifice_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['sacrifice'], virgins = virgins)
            sacrifice2_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['sacrifice2'], virgins = virgins)
            duchess_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['duchess'], virgins = virgins)
            true_princess_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['true_princess'], virgins = virgins)
            enchantress_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['enchantress'], virgins = virgins)
            sorceress_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['sorceress'], virgins = virgins)
            amazon_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['amazon'], virgins = virgins)
            novice_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['elf_novice'], virgins = virgins)
            acolyte_nr = self.count_girls_special(special_list = ['elf_acolyte'], virgins = False)
Where to find sorceress and amazon type?? Nothing in game files....

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Pretty much all peasants are hardy. Mermaids are even hardier, which is why blue heads are quite nice.
some have less than 27hp[abt the survivable], which usually leads to death upon rape. but that could just be me.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Just my opinion:
Having played original game and this one, this one needs balancing.
It is far far too hard to start as a young dragon unless you enjoy save scumming.
I mean, where did the goblin fish go? Since this game is more tilted to torturing young dragons, the fish would help.
Though, I would suggest lowering satiety gotten from biggest fish to 100 instead of 200.

Also, initial cave is very cramped if you dont start with a digging head. If you dont start with a digging head, you are likely to get visits by thief and knight and you wont have a way to defend yourself at all.
Why not let gremlins dig? Make it take 5-10 turns but let them dig at least a few expansions then you can say something like "this is deep as gremlins can get you"

Once you are grown up a bit, you can balance better than you can at the start.
Why should the thief and knight even notice me until my noteriety gets to xx amount?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I mean, where did the goblin fish go?
You mean the wild tribes location where you can buy food? its now initially having only gobs and grems. After you release several lizardmen minions the lizard village will be founded and sell you food.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
You mean the wild tribes location where you can buy food? its now initially having only gobs and grems. After you release several lizardmen minions the lizard village will be founded and sell you food.
Seems like something that could be added to the guide.

But, the fish are available after you grow up rather than when they could actually be used. Good to know. :sick:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
To make them produce fish faster, use the send settlers option. This will send them some of your smaller humanoid minions to work there, so they can produce fish and meat faster. Theres a max limit though, otherwise you can get easy food just abt daily XD

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Having played original game and this one, this one needs balancing.
It is far far too hard to start as a young dragon unless you enjoy save scumming.
Once you are grown up a bit, you can balance better than you can at the start.
Then don't. That's why the 'skip to size X' starts and easy difficulty exist.

Also, initial cave is very cramped if you dont start with a digging head. If you dont start with a digging head, you are likely to get visits by thief and knight and you wont have a way to defend yourself at all.
Keeping infamy below 5 for the monthly check protects against knights. Or just move to a new lair once he gets too close.

Thieves can be handled the same way, or with a zillion goblin guards, or by using 'decoy' treasures and selling the rest.

Why not let gremlins dig? Make it take 5-10 turns...
This will seriously devalue burrowing heads and 10 days is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Even 30 days would be. Gremlins are moderately OP as it is.

And you're not married to the ravine. Find a cave or make a ruin and you get triple the rooms with further digging enabled, or six times without.

Why should the thief and knight even notice me until my noteriety gets to xx amount?
They don't, or rather the knights don't. But even 1 reputation level runs a minimal risk of attracting a bored crusader. You want no knights at all, you keep your scaly head down.

Thieves care about your treasure total instead of reputation.

Seems like something that could be added to the guide.
Sure, nobody is preventing you from updating the guide. The game itself tells you this in various ways (chatting with Mom and a quest, at least).

But, the fish are available after you grow up rather than when they could actually be used. Good to know.
The fish are very useful once you've grown up as well.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes