• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

caju

Oct 5, 2017
So it basically comes down to play it the way it is, or mod it yourself :(
You are right.
I opened the game up and broke, changed, and altered everything to my liking.
Once I figured out where everything was located. it became easier.
I actually made easy starts easy and normal starts fairly normal.
It was just a matter of tweaking a few numbers.
Mostly, I just added a few satiety points to the goose, tuna, and a few other thing like turning down the infamy gotten from a half dozens events (in the plains, trade roads, and sea)
I have a couple more tiny things to find before I will find it more to my liking (I need to slow(slightly) the rate infernal seals break)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I need to slow(slightly) the rate infernal seals break
I think there was a difficulty parameter for that. It isn't entirely foolproof (only takes a restricted range of values), but you can reduce or turn off seal auto-decay from there.

Reactions: caju

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Not sure if this is feasible; a dragon on wounded hp status and less, should bleed hp and have higher chance of encountering patrols until back at lair to rest.

:unsure: Just thought of it while wreaking havoc on wounded status.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are you trying to incite other players against me? :p They will demand my blood when their Precious bleeds out on the cave's doorstep.

And the Kingdom is big. They don't have a bloodhound/square league ratio greater than 1. Patrols get the dragon when he pokes his nose where it doesn't belong. They don't conduct Kingdom-wide hunts for him.

Being wounded is already bad because it lowers your power rating, possibly blocking rapes, making minions misbehave, potentially having enemies do more damage while running away, etc.

Reactions: Rexaureus

Rexaureus

Oct 21, 2017
Question, which value do I need to change using Renpy Save Editor to add more gold?

Edit: Just found out how to do that using the .

Last edited:

Rexaureus

Oct 21, 2017
Call me a masochist, but I'm liking this mod, the beginning It's way, WAY, harder than the normal game, but things seems to be stabilizing as I slowly but surely evolve, playing on normal, and I am doing a bit of save scumming everytime the fecking knight finds my lair, holy shit that thing is on the level of a Dark Souls boss or a super amped D&D party.

• Haha
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, comparatively. The 'upgraded' knight goes up to level 60 and is a noticeably tougher opponent. The hangers-on are the same, though.

And if the knight is so leveled, you fucked up. Letting him adventure and gain levels so freely is a recipe for disaster (or at least a lot of lair-changing) down the road. :p

Reactions: Rexaureus

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
And if your infamy is high, knights start out with some gear already. Same with thief?

But capturing those characters could make for a very fun lair.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, thieves also start out stronger if your reputation is high. This includes abilities as well as gear, for both knights and thieves.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Come on thief get some real flying boots.... kinda pity them now when they try to fly up to the cloud castle. Best lair for me.

creangel

Dec 10, 2020
I seem just to spend all my time chasing food/satiation and struggling to heal up enough to survive to the next sleep period, what am I doing wrong?

Also can you please help by giving me a link to how I can access the console and some commands?

Rexaureus

Oct 21, 2017
I seem just to spend all my time chasing food/satiation and struggling to heal up enough to survive to the next sleep period, what am I doing wrong?

Also can you please help by giving me a link to how I can access the console and some commands?
Alright, first things first, like the author of the mod said, this mod is suposed to be hardcore to the bone, and in his lore, there isn't a single, almighty dragon, but several, normal-ish dragons, so he made the starting MUCH harder than the normal game ( the reason he gave the option to grow one or two times at the start ). I recommend for you to hire a goblins to help you from the start, they are pretty cheap and have acceptable damage and "good" health, hell, I'm a man sized dragon and I still use them.

As for your other question, I found out about a few of the commands by using the Save Editor Online, only exchanging the ">" for ".", if you go back a few comments, you can find my questions about a few of the commands. The console can be accessed like any other Ren'py game, Shift + O, but you can't access the Developer's Menu.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes