• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I seem just to spend all my time chasing food/satiation and struggling to heal up enough to survive to the next sleep period, what am I doing wrong?
Getting wounded. :p The only reason for a young dragon to take damage at all should be from throwing battles. Otherwise, let your meatshields (goblins at first, some peasant gals or cockatrices next, a homunculus when you can afford her) do the tanking.

Once you get comfortable with the mod, you can try playing a solo dragon. But not right off the bat.

The staple for food (and pretty much all the primary resources) is raiding villages.

Also can you please help by giving me a link to how I can access the console and some commands?
As said, Shift+O unless you have a very weird setup. Examples:
Code:
'dragon.satiety = dragon.max_satiety'
'dragon.hp += 10'
'dragon.rage = 0'
'lair.money += 100000'
'kingdom.mobilization = 0'
'date.month = 7'

I'm a man sized dragon and I still use them.
You really should upgrade, except perhaps for taking a hit in very high-damage battles. What kind of self-respecting (half-)grown dragon uses goblins? :rolleyes: These are for children. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: creangel

Rexaureus

Oct 21, 2017
You really should upgrade, except perhaps for taking a hit in very high-damage battles. What kind of self-respecting (half-)grown dragon uses goblins? :rolleyes: These are for children.
I use them for they are pretty cheap, but I'm slowly switching for the better brigands, as not only they have higher health and stats, they also have the capability of evolving ( as far as I saw, Goblins can't do that ).

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Brigands are costly for what they do and can't be acquired in bulk. Once you can hire them, you can probably also produce lizardmen/basilisks. The only big benefit brigands give you is that they don't have the habit of eating your captives.

Goblins can level up as well. It's just that a leveled goblin is still a goblin and even a maxed one is worse than a brigand. A plain lizardman is about the same as a brigand (but can eat captives) and a basilisk is far better.

Reactions: Rexaureus

creangel

Dec 10, 2020
Thank you guys

What is the console command to change Infamy?

Can I open up the code somewhere and see all the attributes on Kingdom and Player objects?

Last edited:

creangel

Dec 10, 2020
Getting wounded. :p The only reason for a young dragon to take damage at all should be from throwing battles. Otherwise, let your meatshields (goblins at first, some peasant gals or cockatrices next, a homunculus when you can afford her) do the tanking.
I did not even understand how you could take goblins with you to do battle.

Thank you

creangel

Dec 10, 2020
Also.. I have so many questions ..

How can I reduce the chance of my pregnant captives escaping? It kind of happens all the time? Can I not lovingly gnaw their tendons off?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
What is the console command to change Infamy?
dragon.fame = x

Also, are there no 'auto finish battle' button or something similar?
I think its only in debug mode

How can I reduce the chance of my pregnant captives escaping? It kind of happens all the time? Can I not lovingly gnaw their tendons off?
Toss unruly captives into cages, I think you can torture them to cripple them, or build lots of defenses and have lots of minions to raise lair defense above 1000

Reactions: adriangm30

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can I open up the code somewhere and see all the attributes on Kingdom and Player objects?
Yes, 'game/_script/characters/PlayableCharacter.rpy' and 'game/_script/subsystem/Kingdom.rpy'. Be aware that there are calculated properties as well, like 'kingdom.fear' or 'dragon.max_satiety'. You can't change those directly.

Also, are there no 'auto finish battle' button or something similar?
In debug mode.

How can I reduce the chance of my pregnant captives escaping?
In many ways. Put them in rooms (cages are meant exactly for that), move to a lair they can't physically move away from (mountaintops for non-flyers, deep sea for humans, ruined monastery for demons etc), torture them or keep them in cages to increase affection, up your security (traps and minions), don't have too many captives outside cages or other rooms (they help each other escape then), keep their HP low (so they're too weak to escape).

Can I not lovingly gnaw their tendons off?
The dragon has poor impulse control and tends to eat the girls during 'gnawings'. :p

For out-of-game reasoning, it's possible to do it and DW indeed had this. But mutilation and amputees are just not my thing, while re-implementing the feature and finding non-3D pictures for it would be a major undertaking. Not to mention the other security mechanics would be weakened if you could just bite off the left foot of everyone you capture without consequences. :cautious:

I think you can torture them to cripple them
This won't last beyond the torture session.

defense above 1000
A few sulky peasant gals don't really warrant such extravagant security. :p

Ippondatara

Sep 2, 2020
Having played a fair bit of this mod, I think one of the real drawbacks is that a bunch of different events are folded under the same umbrella, so it's difficult as a player to try and aim for specific locations or events - I think this is an issue especially with hunting events, because you keep getting them even when you're fully satiated and trying to look for something else. Trying to get into the elven woods and your dragon constantly getting distracted by deer, bunnies, and foxes is a rather frustrating endeavor - the same is true of geese in the sky, rams in the mountains, and shoals of fish in the sea.

I also just played the 1.01 version of Defiler Wings recently as a way to compare and contrast, and it's quite notable how incredibly rare it is to find castles, abbeys, monastaries, palaces, hill forts, etc. in the modded version. You can play for years and never run across a single fortification - and, moreover, just getting constant hunting or caravan events instead - meaning that exploring becomes much less valuable in favor of the surer rewards of just burning down a town or something. I respect and appreciate the effort that's gone into this mod, but one of the things about there being so much more content is that as a player I have less ability to actually see that content.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
drawbacks is that a bunch of different events are folded under the same umbrella, so it's difficult as a player to try and aim for specific locations or events
That's by design - the dragon isn't clairvoyant. And you can, for whole families of events or even a bunch of individual events. All the locations have a thematic 'hunt' option that filters out most encounters, and the sky gives you some precision hunting once you get wings.

Otherwise, you're meant to skip the 'useless' events and try again, at least on normal and below. It only costs 10% of a stamina point and some rage management, very much like how it was in DW.

issue especially with hunting events, because you keep getting them even when you're fully satiated and trying to look for something else.
You can do the 'wrong' events and reduce the chances of them happening again for a while.

And I don't think you can be fully sated all of the time, especially when you're doing random hunting.

Trying to get into the elven woods and your dragon constantly getting distracted by deer, bunnies, and foxes is a rather frustrating endeavor
Elven woods have nothing to do with bunnies or foxes. If you see the latter, you're barking prowling under the wrong trees. :D

the same is true of geese in the sky, rams in the mountains, and shoals of fish in the sea.
All of which have at most a 15% chance of happening any time you try.

I also just played the 1.01 version of Defiler Wings recently as a way to compare and contrast, and it's quite notable how incredibly rare it is to find castles, abbeys, monastaries, palaces, hill forts, etc. in the modded version.
Yeah, that's me being too conservative with the weights. Although I'm not entirely sure why something with weight 30 (e.g. geese) is "frustratingly" common while weight 5 (e.g. a monastery) is "incredibly rare". The difference isn't that big.

You can play for years and never run across a single fortification ... meaning that exploring becomes much less valuable
You're mistaking value for impact. Exploring is more valuable, actually, since you get really rare stuff from it. It's just not particularly viable, since the 'rare stuff' is so, well, rare.

I'm planning to revisit lair weights and other things sometime around Christmas.

one of the things about there being so much more content is that as a player I have less ability to actually see that content.
Wouldn't be the first game to lock out lots of content. :p But the lairs being so hard to find wasn't on purpose, it just turned out that way.

Cause in Girl.rpy theres cripple and blind flag, so was wondering how to trigger those.
Triggering them will do you no good if there's no code to use them. :D

Ippondatara

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for the in-depth reply, I appreciate it. It's possible I'm just not playing it "right" and I'll keep all that in mind, but those were my impressions going through the game.

You do find Titan castles by exploring in the sky, right? Because I've never seen one in this mod before. I've seen a fire giant lair once and a frost giant lair once, but never a Titan lair.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Theres 3 types of titans - air, ice, fire

Ice and fire have their homes in the mountains, which can also be accessed from the sky. The air titan lives in the cloud castle in the sky only.

Some poverty would encounter the ice jotun leaving his home in the mountains. The other lair owners dont care about poverty :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Thank you for the in-depth reply, I appreciate it. It's possible I'm just not playing it "right"
I welcome feedback and I do appreciate your impressions. It's just that the mod is kind of an 'expert player' thing, and there are very few 'experts' out there. :D

But some of your points are indeed very salient. E.g. I do want the lairs to be somewhat rare, but not the current "~0.3% chance to encounter" rare.

You do find Titan castles by exploring in the sky, right? Because I've never seen one in this mod before.
Yes. But cloud castles are perhaps the most rare encounter of all, since the reward is THE lair.

Ice and fire have their homes in the mountains, which can also be accessed from the sky.
Efreets are sky-only.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes