Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

dicken

Nov 21, 2018
hi guys,
do you know how to complete the quest 1000 breed for the army? I tried to use gold to buy 1000 snake but it did not work. If we have to manually breed 1 egg at a time how long will it take?
Also, I am a 4 head dragon now, 1 shadow, 2 rainbow, 1 blue. Every time i go to the sea, i lose 3 mana. Is it because I have 3 non-blue head?

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Having problems extracting the zip file. Same thing with the hotfix 3, any solutions?
Use 7 zip to extract.

do you know how to complete the quest 1000 breed for the army?
Breed lots of minions. Find many kinds of maidens, mate with them.

1607908056291.png

Heres the egg selection you get when you choose a hatchery. For best results use only stone hatchery, since it can hatch eggs of any level. Those numbers are not the level, but days to hatch, with more powerful eggs taking longer. Egg level depends on the mother.

1607909133897.png

Send minions to army.

1607909184756.png

List of minions, if you have alot there will be a next button at the bottom. Click on the minion you want to send, which will remove them from your lair, so dont send all of them off or your lair will be quite under defended, especially against thieves. You cannot send converted maidens. Send in 1000 minions to finish the quest. You tried the easy way by hiring ;) it doesnt count...

Also, I am a 4 head dragon now, 1 shadow, 2 rainbow, 1 blue. Every time i go to the sea, i lose 3 mana. Is it because I have 3 non-blue head?
Swimming, digging and flying are now size based. To find out;

1607908257337.png

Click on your avatar - the dragon head.

1607908299680.png

Heres where you can see numbers/stats of yourself, click effects

1607908333146.png

To perform digging, swimming, flying, you need 100% in the action. At bigger sizes, you need 4 blue heads to swim, any 4 combination of digging heads and paws, 4 wings to fly. Each part contributes 25%. Or you could get more mana parts and rely on mana to swim and fly, which does annoy the dragon.

Last edited:

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
What are odds for finding jotun, ifrit and titan lairs in the sky? I have been reloading for about an hour before giving up and didn't see any of them. Do they have some other requirements (other than wings) to find them or are odds that abysmal?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
darkwood lair is quite inaccessible.
Yeah, well, it's in the middle of a crazy sentient forest. :rolleyes: What did you expect? :p

level is low, or cursed plan?
Cursed plan is low level. -10, to be exact. Thieves under level 50 can always get lost in the Darkwood (Jötun castle is the only similarly inaccessible lair, I think).

What are odds for finding jotun, ifrit and titan lairs in the sky? I have been reloading for about an hour before giving up and didn't see any of them. Do they have some other requirements (other than wings) to find them or are odds that abysmal?
The odds are pretty low. Somewhere around 0.3-0.6% chance per try for the mountain titans, and 0.2-0.3% for the real ones.

Although you seem to have been unlucky, too. One or two hundred tries should have netted you something. What were your poverty, fear and mobilization ratings?

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
The odds are pretty low. Somewhere around 0.3-0.6% chance per try for the mountain titans, and 0.2-0.3% for the real ones.

Although you seem to have been unlucky, too. One or two hundred tries should have netted you something. What were your poverty, fear and mobilization ratings?
0 poverty, 7 mobilization, 3 fear, 254/8 infamy. You should really consider increasing some event chances, game shouldn't be balanced around that people are going to savescum for certain events. When balancing things you should balance it around that people won't be reloading until they get what they need/want. It's really frustrating when you are trying for example to encounter fire/ice strongholds for quest.

Reactions: Ceres82

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
0 poverty, 7 mobilization, 3 fear
Then you should have had about 0.5% per encounter chance to find an Efreet/Jötun lair and an ~0.25% chance for a cloud castle. So under 100 tries, normally, maybe 200 on the far side. Perhaps somewhat low, but not vanishingly low.

You should really consider increasing some event chances
Yeah, I'm planning to. If you have concrete suggestions, all the better. The weights are in plain text in 'game/db/event_X.ini'.

game shouldn't be balanced around that people are going to savescum for certain events.
Normal is intended to be a pretty close thing without savescumming. And you don't need to savescum all the time, just cycle the encounters until you find something useful or your rage overflows. Each encounter that you bypass will be slighly less likely to happen as well.

It's really frustrating
The mod is one giant exercise in frustration, if you haven't noticed it yet. :p

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
Then you should have had about 0.5% per encounter chance to find an Efreet/Jötun lair and an ~0.25% chance for a cloud castle. So under 100 tries, normally, maybe 200 on the far side. Perhaps somewhat low, but not vanishingly low.

Yeah, I'm planning to. If you have concrete suggestions, all the better.
Straight up my suggestion is to increase it at least 10 times, unless you are planning on making it gacha game. I can understand you want it to be rare, but there is a limit to stuff like this.

The weights are in plain text in 'game/db/event_X.ini'.
So if I make change in event_sky.ini
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Will it make it more likely to encounter it?
Normal is intended to be a pretty close thing without savescumming. And you don't need to savescum all the time, just cycle the encounters until you find something useful or your rage overflows. Each encounter that you bypass will be slighly less likely to happen as well.

The mod is one giant exercise in frustration, if you haven't noticed it yet. :p
Yeah, I am playing on normal. There is frustration that something is hard or when you are overwhelmed by amount of things you can do and then there is frustration where you have to pray to rngesus. Former is good thing especially when you overcome it, by getting familiar/good with game, but latter one is just plain shit that doesnt serve any pupose except making people lose interest.
At least that's how it is for me, I was thinking earlier about playing again but just didn't feel it when in order to complete in game quests I have to pray for very rare encounters.

My opinion on this is that you shouldn't make too rare encounters, at the end of day games are suppossed to be fun.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Straight up my suggestion is to increase it at least 10 times
This is not a serious suggestion. I'm not going to make Efreet lairs just as common as airships, or the entirety of the sea encounters visible when flying.

So if I make change in event_sky.ini
Will it make it more likely to encounter it?
No, unless you
  • start a new game, or
  • reload the event database through the console, wiping out it's current state. In the latter case, it's probably better to just manually add the lair to your locations list.
Increasing it by 100 will also pretty much dot the skyscape with volcanoes. Believe me, the novelty will wear off in a while.

There is frustration that something is hard or when you are overwhelmed by amount of things you can do and then there is frustration where you have to pray to rngesus.
You don't have to pray. Just play the game and stuff will happen, no sense in forcing it. I'll be including additional mechanics and a weight rebalance, but it will never be '100 times the encounter I want right now', because 'what I want' changes. There simply can't be 30+ events with a 10%+ chance to happen, each.

If the cloud castle had a 5% chance to come up, and the Jötun lair another 5%, and Efreeti 5%, and a peak 5%, a skyboat 5%, swans 10% and so on, I wouldn't have a sky encounter table because it'd be filled with 'rare' stuff.

Even doubling or tripling the weights is probably okay. A ~1% chance for a rare encounter is fine, unless you trying to force it.

Former is good thing especially when you overcome it, by getting familiar/good with game, but latter one is just plain shit that doesnt serve any pupose except making people lose interest.
Random events are in games precisely because otherwise gameplay becomes stale and formulaic. I played Hard West a few years ago, which did away with all randomness in combat rolls, and absolutely hated that part of the game.

didn't feel it when in order to complete in game quests I have to pray for very rare encounters
Okay, how many times exactly did you try? Because you're really not supposed to just chance upon a rare lair whenever you want it. You're meant to have hundreds of encounters in each location over the whole game, which nearly guarantees everything happening at least once.

And reloading is actually counterproductive. Cycling the encounters decreases the weights of each 'passed' encounter by one for a time, usually at least a week, increasing the chance to get those things you want.

Luck is also a fickle mistress. I just tried cycling sky encounters, and got a cloud castle on my 36th try. :D

I might add some sort of 'buy lair location' thing for lategame when you've suffered from a string of excessively bad luck. But I'm not going to make rare encounters common as dirt because you happened to get frustrated one evening.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I just added kingdom fear multiplier to all lair events for a new playthru and its working alittle too well hehe. Lots of stone castles and manors by still not many sky lair encounters.

Code:
        def hunt_lair_chance(self,key):
            if key == self.hunted_lair:
                return int(max(1,min(10,len([x for x in self.huntable_lairs if x == key]),self.level//5 + self.size//7 + min(1,self.size//4))))
            else:
                return 1
What does this do?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Do thieves and knights lose levels when failing to reach lair?

1608293035880.png

Its been the same thief as above.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Do thieves and knights lose levels when failing to reach lair?
They should not. A thief only loses some levels when she gets lost due to inaccessibility, but doesn't give up entirely after that.

Knights can lose mounts and hence levels in an attempt to downgrade to one suitable for breaching the lair.

Otherwise, that ought to be it.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
hrmm have not seen knight changing mounts. thief now wants to piss in my goblets while I am waiting to catch demons hehe

caju

Oct 5, 2017
The only real suggestion I could offer is to add a "story mode"
Ability to completely turn off the infernal seals completely.

Everything else can be struggled through but I can never seem to keep up once kingdom fear hits 1 or 2.
And I have no idea what I am doing to cause it to rise besides the normal eating,surviving, and tending to the gardening
*or how to lower it*

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Kingdom fear is determined by dragon size, or fame level - mobilization, whichever is bigger.

Try to have longer sleeps, which reduce infamy, or not hit so many patrols. Each defeated patrol cuts mobilization.

Demon seals are really related to one of the endings.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
have not seen knight changing mounts
Probably because they don't have trouble flying in via other means? Have you seen them fail to get to your lair?

thief now wants to piss in my goblets
It's not as if you're using these goblets or anything... :D

Ability to completely turn off the infernal seals completely.
Easy is close. If you have 0 Kingdom fear, seals stop decaying completely. I thought people were considering easy, well, too easy?

The point of fear is essentially to make 'story mode' a reward you earn through gameplay. The game isn't some sort of amazing piece of writing, so making it possible to just blaze through looks kinda pointless to me.

Everything else can be struggled through but I can never seem to keep up once kingdom fear hits 1 or 2.
Fear can be suppressed by keeping mobilization up. It's not very viable on the harder difficulties, but easy ought to be okay.

And I have no idea what I am doing to cause it to rise
Having too much fear, and letting the girl-sacrificing cultists get away with their shit.

*or how to lower it*
Sacrifices of your own.

Demon seals are really related to one of the endings.
And it's not an ending you should be aiming for from the start. Hence the seals being a pain in the posterior. :devilish:

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes