RPGM [Translation Request] Succubus Rhapsodia [Dreamania]

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
Yep your pc at this point. What's your OS?
I'm on a Windows PC, I don't get it, every other game has zero issues. My computer is a mid-high end build too, is there anything else you could possibly think of? Even if you think it sounds crazy or dumb.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I'm on a Windows PC, I don't get it, every other game has zero issues. My computer is a mid-high end build too, is there anything else you could possibly think of? Even if you think it sounds crazy or dumb.
That's hard to say. The only thing I'd try at this point is to start from zero.
So set your pc to jap locale from your control panel. After that use 7zip to extract your files.
The issue I think you have is the missing of jap characters.
This could be caused by your file extractor or some errors in your jap localization.
I don't remember where to find the update for the characters, because I did it years ago on my win7 pc for a similar issue with another game.

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
In other news, I'm pretty close to translating all the maps. In the end, it's not a very text heavy game in that way. A few parts have been difficult to translate with certainty, but there's time to polish things later.

Once I'm done with maps, it will already be in a very playable state. Then next would be enemy specific battle dialog, and of course there's a lot of misc stuff. I also need to verify that there aren't any bugs with combat. Some of the continuous talk interactions in combat aren't increasing mood right now, but I think they should... Some of the text replace functions the game logic applies can trip things up, need to check these strings if they need to be something specific for the game to work.

Most of generic combat dialog is also translated, but it depends a lot of what kind of actions are being used what the text is, and I generally translate that as I come across untranslated things or issues in current translations. Maybe at some point I will just go through all the ones I never came across.

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
The entire story is kind of translated now! Also translated Ramil, Vermina and Chaosia battle dialog since they are important characters... More importantly, I made a pretty decent script for applying translations to dialog files. I should put some considerations into the different names you can have them call you. It doesn't work 1:1 Japanese to English, but in a limited scope, it should be possible to provide some options.

I think I've managed to sort out the bugs in the process, some of it was actually related to the character dialog files not matching some of the scripts. There's definitely some bugs with displaying text in certain scenarios though, but it's not too prevalent.

I should probably next try to actually translate the class/enemy names fully. I was having some problems with it before, but I think I understand it well enough now.

I think what I will do is set up an alt Github or Git hosting account, I wouldn't dare put this on my main profile considering that's supposed to represent my in professional contexts... lol. Then I could have all these translation files publicly available. I don't have a workflow for publishing "releases" right now, I guess I could just put all the data files in the mod folder and upload that. Not sure if there's any legal considerations here, distributing game data files or something like that. I suppose on F95 that's not a big deal either way... In any case, I'll upload something this week, because next week I'm gonna be away. However, as of now, I make no promises that you'll have a smooth experience if you just patch it and play... If somebody wants to play an early version, have the mindset that there may be issues, or better yet, provide help by providing bug reports or even pull requests for fixes

Galgramax

Aug 7, 2018
The entire story is kind of translated now! Also translated Ramil, Vermina and Chaosia battle dialog since they are important characters... More importantly, I made a pretty decent script for applying translations to dialog files. I should put some considerations into the different names you can have them call you. It doesn't work 1:1 Japanese to English, but in a limited scope, it should be possible to provide some options.

I think I've managed to sort out the bugs in the process, some of it was actually related to the character dialog files not matching some of the scripts. There's definitely some bugs with displaying text in certain scenarios though, but it's not too prevalent.

I should probably next try to actually translate the class/enemy names fully. I was having some problems with it before, but I think I understand it well enough now.

I think what I will do is set up an alt Github or Git hosting account, I wouldn't dare put this on my main profile considering that's supposed to represent my in professional contexts... lol. Then I could have all these translation files publicly available. I don't have a workflow for publishing "releases" right now, I guess I could just put all the data files in the mod folder and upload that. Not sure if there's any legal considerations here, distributing game data files or something like that. I suppose on F95 that's not a big deal either way... In any case, I'll upload something this week, because next week I'm gonna be away. However, as of now, I make no promises that you'll have a smooth experience if you just patch it and play... If somebody wants to play an early version, have the mindset that there may be issues, or better yet, provide help by providing bug reports or even pull requests for fixes
An actual (mostly) complete translation of this game actually coming out? Without something going terribly wrong/the translators disappearing off the face of the planet? It's been almost eight years since the game first came out, and I never thought I'd see the day.

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
Okay I put it up on Github. Here
Since my last update, I fixed more bugs and translated class names and a few other things.
Make note of the post above and the description on Github before just trying to plug and play.
Now, since I started the repo with my main account, it still shows up there... But it's ok, at least it doesn't show on my main profile...

EasternRoman

May 2, 2021
Hello, here to ask a question.
I have the 1.20 version of the game.
I have my locale set to japanese.
I have run the translation patch according to instructions.
However, when I try to run the .exe, there's only a black screen with nothing appearing. Can it be fixed?

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
If it's a black screen but Windows cursor doesn't have the loading icon, generally it should be loading without problems, but it might take a while. Also if the window is not in focus, it won't do anything at all. Otherwise, I don't know what it could be. Maybe first ensure the original game runs, then only run after RPGMaker Trans patch (or try deleting the additions in the mod folder) and see if it runs, then try to run the scripts and see if it works

Reactions: EasternRoman

EasternRoman

May 2, 2021
If it's a black screen but Windows cursor doesn't have the loading icon, generally it should be loading without problems, but it might take a while. Also if the window is not in focus, it won't do anything at all. Otherwise, I don't know what it could be. Maybe first ensure the original game runs, then only run after RPGMaker Trans patch (or try deleting the additions in the mod folder) and see if it runs, then try to run the scripts and see if it works
To clarify, the mod folder should be empty before running the patch, and should contain some files after running it, yes?

Nevermind, I deleted it and reinstalled it and it worked immediately. Still no idea why but i'm not complaining.

Last edited:

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
To clarify, the mod folder should be empty before running the patch, and should contain some files after running it, yes?

Nevermind, I deleted it and reinstalled it and it worked immediately. Still no idea why but i'm not complaining.
You'll probably find some some files and folders there, but Mod_Data and Mod_Talk should be empty before running the scripts or installing other mods

753tj753

Mar 10, 2021
Okay I put it up on Github. Here
Since my last update, I fixed more bugs and translated class names and a few other things.
Make note of the post above and the description on Github before just trying to plug and play.
Now, since I started the repo with my main account, it still shows up there... But it's ok, at least it doesn't show on my main profile...
Looking great for now! I'm looking forward to your development :D But I do get the following error while in the second checkpoint area of the dark cave:

Code:
エラーの種類 :
    NameError
メッセージ :
    undefined local variable or method `heart' for #<Window_Announce:0xe7023e0>
マップ:
    ID:133
コモン呼び出し履歴:
    []
バックトレース :
    Window_Announce : 168行目 : in `announce_draw'
    Window_Announce : 140行目 : in `announce_start'
    Window_Announce : 86行目 : in `update'
    Scene_Map : 159行目 : in `update'
    Scene_Map : 31行目 : in `main'
    Scene_Map : 25行目 : in `loop'
    Scene_Map : 36行目 : in `main'
    Main : 16行目
--------------------------------

753tj753

Mar 10, 2021
this question may be silly but where i put the patch xD ??
Letters dissapearing / black screen is mostly because your system locale needs to be set to Japanese (locale emulator is not enough). Also run the exe as an administrator.

It's better to start from scratch because extracted file names from e.g. a zip file aren't coming out right if the locale isn't Japanese. Japanese deviates from unicode characters and scrambles the names

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
Looking great for now! I'm looking forward to your development :D But I do get the following error while in the second checkpoint area of the dark cave:
Ah, looks like a simple bug. I'm away this week so unless I can easily spot it on my phone, I'll fix it later. Though maybe you could provide details on what was happening when the error occurred

Last edited:

753tj753

Mar 10, 2021
Ah, looks like a simple bug. I'm away this week so unless I can easily spot it on my phone, I'll fix it later. Though maybe you could provide details on what was happening when the error occurred
It happens while running/dashing around when enemies are around (not only in the dark cave). So my guess is that something happens with the number of steps the character made or some time related stuff.

Don't worry about timing, one week more or less doesn't matter at this point. I'm already glad someone picked this up again.