4.30 star(s) 63 Votes

Shikoshiko

Apr 9, 2021
Lobster is alive! He posted a new post in his subscribestar. Basically, he's a father now (!!!) and ontop of being a full time worker, has made working on the game harder. He has a few hours in the evening to work on the game and has more than 50% to go in terms of development. At least we know he isn't dead, and so far, neither is the game. Don't expect an update anytime soon, though.

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Thumbs up for using Kim Wilde (cus I'm a fan of hers), but instead of complaining one could start learning coding and game design and finish-up 'The Good Son' all by themselves. What would that take, say 100 hundred hours?

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Lobster is alive! He posted a new post in his subscribestar. Basically, he's a father now (!!!) and ontop of being a full time worker, has made working on the game harder. He has a few hours in the evening to work on the game and has more than 50% to go in terms of development. At least we know he isn't dead, and so far, neither is the game. Don't expect an update anytime soon, though.
May as well just copy paste the thing.

A Wild Lobster Appears 02/04/24 4:21 AM

Hey everyone - guess who isn't dead!

The last six months have been absolutely wild for me, truly life changing. Some of you probably were able to read through the lines and figured this out already, but I'll spell it out for everyone else - this past summer, I had a kid. I'm a dad now. Woah!

Having a baby has been incredible, but holy shit being a father + working a full time job takes a lot out of you. That explains the awful, dreadful radio silence. It doesn't excuse it, of course, but that's the explanation.

The good news is, things are really starting to settle into a routine, at home. I'm returning to developing The Good Son and after it, Girl Spy. I can't believe it's been more than a year since I last published any content (that's Girl Spy in January 2023. I know The Good Son has been languishing for even longer.)

Does that mean people should resubscribe now?

No. Definitely not. Not until I have content to deliver to you. For those of you who have been supporting me in my hibernation, you're awesome, and it's a huge help just in terms of supporting my family each month - but you guys went above and beyond. Your patience and faith is wonderful and frankly, I don't deserve it.

Let me repeat - don't resubscribe until I release the next update of The Good Son

When is that update coming?

Not for a while. I made some good progress on it before my life got turned upside down, but there's still more than 50% of the work to do.

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm very much alive, I spend my days working and changing diapers, and I seem to have a few hours in the evenings to put towards development once more. Thankfully, my wife supports this gig of mine - she's ambivalent about the content (harharhar) but appreciates the side hustle.

trashacc123

Nov 21, 2019

Not for a while.
Maybe I am a little bit old fashioned, but if the update isn't coming out for a while, wouldn't it make sense to change the monetization to a "per release" kind of deal instead of "per month" to not appear like a scam artist? Lobsterman9999

Edit: I just realized the developer hasn't logged in since June 19, 2023, so tagging is probably going to be even more pointless than I expected it to be :(

Reactions: GordoFaper

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Maybe I am a little bit old fashioned, but if the update isn't coming out for a while, wouldn't it make sense to change the monetization to a "per release" kind of deal instead of "per month" to not appear like a scam artist? Lobsterman9999

Edit: I just realized the developer hasn't logged in since June 19, 2023, so tagging is probably going to be even more pointless than I expected it to be :(
He’s said several times don’t pay him until the next release is out

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
He’s said several times don’t pay him until the next release is out
I like to believe people know where their money is going, so if someone is still donating its because that's what they want. Personally I know of a fanfic writer that had to stop writing for six months due to health issues, and fans still supported her with contributions during that time.

Reactions: Shikoshiko

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
Does that mean people should resubscribe now?

No. Definitely not. Not until I have content to deliver to you. For those of you who have been supporting me in my hibernation, you're awesome, and it's a huge help just in terms of supporting my family each month - but you guys went above and beyond. Your patience and faith is wonderful and frankly, I don't deserve it.

Let me repeat - don't resubscribe until I release the next update of The Good Son

Not for a while. I made some good progress on it before my life got turned upside down, but there's still more than 50% of the work to do.
You should put this in big red letters on the home page that would help a lot or a bot would spam it as a response.

gooberdoober

Jun 28, 2018
i mean he posts or he doesnt or if your still subscribed and you haven't noticed or cared... thats for you to work out. If he finishes this game ill be a happy camper. If he doesnt i wont be more dissapointed or annoyed then i am now, so i say just let it go either you be pleasantly surprised or you not either way the ends are the same.

jerui

May 17, 2018
If it’s not your money why care. I’ve yet to hear of any scam where the person has told people not to donate on several occasions.

polymorph80

Jan 30, 2018
How many fucking times does the guy need to say it?
One.

At no moment has he said "You should unsubscribe from this project." At no moment has he said "I'm going to stop taking payments for a few months while there's been no content or sign of an update."

Lots of wishy-washy "I wouldn't blame you if you unsubscribed", and lots of simps here continuing to shill for it. This latest non-update is exactly the sort of "ooh, there might be content soon, better keep the subscription up" nothingness we've all seen a million times before.

He said he doesn't deserve people's patience or faith, and he's right to. Hasn't stopped him profiting off it though.

sabermaster2

Jun 21, 2017
One.

At no moment has he said "You should unsubscribe from this project." At no moment has he said "I'm going to stop taking payments for a few months while there's been no content or sign of an update."

Lots of wishy-washy "I wouldn't blame you if you unsubscribed", and lots of simps here continuing to shill for it. This latest non-update is exactly the sort of "ooh, there might be content soon, better keep the subscription up" nothingness we've all seen a million times before.

He said he doesn't deserve people's patience or faith, and he's right to. Hasn't stopped him profiting off it though.
1707173118312.png
I don't see how much more clearer he can get. He already said repeatedly that it's understandable to unsubscribe given his current situation and told those that already unsubscribed to not resubscribe until he releases an update.

He's not gonna yell at everyone to unsubscribe because there's obviously some people who still wants to support him even without any updates, pretty much a donation at this point. Why are you being so pissy about this?

Last edited:

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
He's not gonna yell at everyone to unsubscribe because there's obviously some people who still wants to support him even without any updates, pretty much a donation at this point. Why are you being to pissy about this?
Especially since I doubt that polymorph80 had been donating to the game in the first place. This is just the usual F95zone free stuff entitlement crowd.

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Especially since I doubt that polymorph80 had been donating to the game in the first place. This is just the usual F95zone free stuff entitlement crowd.
I always enjoy "he/she should shutdown whatever patron site they're using", not realizing that would also shutdown the game's page too since the hosting company is in the business of making money. And from the little I've read in this forum, its not easy to set-up a patron page on some sites.

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes