4.30 star(s) 63 Votes

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Seems like that would probably be the biggest obstacle. If he truly has a couple hours a night like he said, finishing the game should not be a problem for him.
One could say the same for any of the posters in this thread, since many games on F95 have been picked-up after the original developer had orphan them. There are some amazing resources on this site to help new game designers, and HTML games have a ton of support available.

As to time needed, the last 30 mins of the game would likely be more around 10+ hrs if one wanted decent dialogue. This is me guessing, but I remember my anime fansub days where a 30 mins episode took us 10 hrs from start to finish.

orellion

May 12, 2023
One could say the same for any of the posters in this thread, since many games on F95 have been picked-up after the original developer had orphan them. There are some amazing resources on this site to help new game designers, and HTML games have a ton of support available.

As to time needed, the last 30 mins of the game would likely be more around 10+ hrs if one wanted decent dialogue. This is me guessing, but I remember my anime fansub days where a 30 mins episode took us 10 hrs from start to finish.
First: It would not be easy because you would be looking at code with no documentation. What variables, functions, etc control what would take dozens of hours to experiment with and get a good handle on.

Second: It's blatantly illegal unless he consents to it.

Reeny

May 2, 2019
First: It would not be easy because you would be looking at code with no documentation. What variables, functions, etc control what would take dozens of hours to experiment with and get a good handle on.

I'm pretty damn sure he didn't buy the scenes he used in his game or get permission to use them

Reactions: MSJYO7

Reeny

May 2, 2019

I'm pretty damn sure he didn't buy the scenes he used in his game or get permission to use them

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Thx you... I was amused when I read the post and give it the benefit of the doubt they mean 'immoral'. But that just proves my point, people are so quick to volunteer other people's time to projects when they could do it themselves.

orellion

May 12, 2023
That would not be considered if a case was brought against you. A game of this size still making him a couple thousand a month.....no one is going to touch that. Horrible advice from FamilyDog and anyone chirping in. It is Lobsterman's responsibility to finish and he needs to get it done.

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
It is Lobsterman's responsibility to finish and he needs to get it done.
Why?

Leonardo da Vinci considered the Mona Lisa unfinished, worked upon it for nearly a decade and still had it with him at his death. Today its listed as one of the most valuable paintings in the world, insured for one billion dollars. Around ten million people per year view it, which is pretty good for a painting it's creator thought was incomplete. Its incompletes didn't stopped King Francis I from declaring it the property of the French Republic, and on permanent display in the Louvre some 270 yrs later (1797).

So while 'The Good Son' is incomplete, I still had fun playing it as I did with many other abandon games on F95. Maybe we should say the ending of the 'The Good Son' is the same fade to black as in 'The Sopranos' since both are about organized crime.

orellion

May 12, 2023
Why?

Leonardo da Vinci considered the Mona Lisa unfinished, worked upon it for nearly a decade and still had it with him at his death. Today its listed as one of the most valuable paintings in the world, insured for one billion dollars. Around ten million people per year view it, which is pretty good for a painting it's creator thought was incomplete. Its incompletes didn't stopped King Francis I from declaring it the property of the French Republic, and on permanent display in the Louvre some 270 yrs later (1797).

So while 'The Good Son' is incomplete, I still had fun playing it as I did with many other abandon games on F95. Maybe we should say the ending of the 'The Good Son' is the same fade to black as in 'The Sopranos' since both are about organized crime.
You're not connecting the dots. My rough guess is it would take 100-200 hours to complete satisfactory - perhaps 100 if you are good with javascript and html programming and a fast typer. Is someone going to put that amount of time into the game for nothing? No. But they can't monetize (and shouldn't) without running the risk of a copyright claim suit filed. The best hope might be several people coming together to break up the workload and willing to do it without compensation. This type of organized teamwork seems unlikely for a niche adult game.

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
You're not connecting the dots.
Ok.. its impossible for someone else to finish the game. Its also as unlikely that just complaining with do much either, since the developer has no reason to return to the project without some incentive like cash money. He doesn't owe us anything, and if you decide to support or not support, its your own choice. Projects come and projects go, and some times the smart move to toss what you're working on and start again from scratch.

Oh...I think you're overlooking the amount of time it would take to write good dialogue. Take the game 'The Princess Trap', its a game that both combines good dialogue with smart editing to keep the scenes short and condensed. Often the player doesn't need to scroll thru two or three walls of text for the choices at the bottom. Many of the games I've played on F95 need serious editing (same with a lot of fanfic), but what I remember of the Good Son it wasn't that bad in that area. So thumbs-up for that!

So my vote is keep the game as is, or add the fade-to-black scene because really there shouldn't be a happy ending for anyone. From my play-thru, I won't had been surprised if both the MC and his father didn't end-up in the same hole out in the desert.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
It's good he talked to his wife so he don't have to hide his hobby from her, that never works out in the long run. As I understood it he was nearly finnished since he put out a definite release date like a year ago but now he claims he's only 50% done with the update, that doesn't add up to me. How would he think he would finnish 50% to the set time. Oh well, now he has some time to develop again which is good, an update will be released, but no time frame this time.

CellSunz

Feb 15, 2024
I need to know, does Todd cheat? The whole massage training and flirting. Does he actually cheat on MC? I need to know my heart can't take it. Been progressing through the weeks and the scenes have been relatively the same so not sure if their little flirtation goes further. Pls let me know thanks

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I need to know, does Todd cheat? The whole massage training and flirting. Does he actually cheat on MC? I need to know my heart can't take it. Been progressing through the weeks and the scenes have been relatively the same so not sure if their little flirtation goes further. Pls let me know thanks
IIRC there's no cheating technically, but things can get close to it and end up with disappointment: Todd can potentially dump MC who fails to appease him enough (either during the beach date, or after when he discovers how MC has been earning money) and get together with another character instead. Alternatively, there's route where MC can bring their initial girlfriend (Susan) into the mix, and this can lead either to love triangle or Todd and Susan deciding they're better off as a couple and without the MC.

Reactions: CellSunz

CellSunz

Feb 15, 2024
IIRC there's no cheating technically, but things can get close to it and end up with disappointment: Todd can potentially dump MC who fails to appease him enough (either during the beach date, or after when he discovers how MC has been earning money) and get together with another character instead. Alternatively, there's route where MC can bring their initial girlfriend (Susan) into the mix, and this can lead either to love triangle or Todd and Susan deciding they're better off as a couple and without the MC.
Dayum just a bad time all around. Takes more effort keeping Todd "loyal" than it does paying off the mob. rip

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Dayum just a bad time all around. Takes more effort keeping Todd "loyal" than it does paying off the mob. rip
Yup. In a way, Todd is an NPC version of stereotypical "alpha male MC" -- he needs to be unconditionally catered to or he'll move his attention elsewhere, and if you bring him another girl he'll approach it as getting his own mini-harem, with your character being one of "his women".

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes