VN - Ren'Py - 16 Years Later! [Ep.12] [Wetdreamwalker]

1. 1.00 star(s)

leo dicaprio

Plot:
    Three young independent girls let a man into the house who they knew for a year as children why?
    Why don't they have a guardian? Why do they let him give them advice, they don't know him and know how to live without him? Very bad

Dialogues:
    Constantly writing how the girl reacted, instead of showing it, is very bad

Characters:
    They can live on their own, but they don't know basic things, has anyone tried to get them into bed all this time? very bad

Animations:
    Just bad, better than anything else )
  2. 3.00 star(s)

kweeks1

16 Years Later! [Ep.12] The renders are pretty good and the plot is kind of interesting but honestly this thing moves so slow. The dialog between the characters is so tedious I finally starting skipping through everything in hopes of finding something interesting. This is episode 12 you would have thought things would have been well along by now but nope same boring discussions with the girls.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Penetrator God

Boring AF. I played until I fucked Felicia and then I quit. The other girls look ugly and boring anyway. I also don't get the whole "stepdaughters" concept of the game. For the story to be truly Incest, the characters must be blood related, otherwise it's not taboo for them to have sex. Also the renders looked good in the pictures before I downloaded the game, but actually only the character renders are good. Otherwise the renders of the locations look blurry and terrible. Also the animations are just a few frames repeating each other.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

InstaPrincess

Well, the MC makes me gag. It's a shame because the art and animations are really great.

Unfortunately, the protagonist is a weird, preachy guy that spends his day with benevolent mansplaining his daughters issues (when he's not trying to get into their pants like some serial rapist). He's so creepy that I get goosebumps reading the story.

It goes without saying that the interactions between him and his daughters are completely unrealistic. There's absolutely no reason all these women should fall for that guy, but who's to question this when it's the first commandment of weird incest harem stories?

In that sense, it's just like all the others. Shame, I really like the art...
  5. 2.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

This is not a good game. So why so many 5 stars?

For the people with specific kinks and fetishes, namely slow-burn harem incest action with clueless daughters, there aren’t many alternatives. So this game, not being a complete trash instantly gets to the top of their list. They are willing to overlook many flaws, and even give delusional assessments of “good story” and “great renders” for this game.

For the people who are not specifically into those kinks, this game is far below average and I will explain why.

Character are not developed and their actions are not believable in the slightest. Girls don’t see dad for 16 years, and one takes a whole day or so before showing tits to him? Say what? They don’t act their age. Father gets an erection and a 20y.o. girl is like “oh no, Daddy, what’s happening? does it hurt?”… Fuck right off. Girls have no clue about the hymen, periods, cum, or basic common sense. They are just realistic dolls with sawdust instead of brains. Keep in mind - these are the girls who survived on their own just fine in this world, and weren’t sheltered.

Does that sound like “good writing” and a realistic story?

It’s a slow burn, done wrong. The story is very quick at “crossing the line” and doing the socially unacceptable things right away, like touching daughters inappropriately, but then slows to a crawl when it comes to the extra step of sex.

About the renders. They are not the worst, but they are sure as hell not great. The initial third of the game are just cardboard cutouts on top of the backgrounds. Atrocious. It improves a bit later on in the game, but characters still don’t interact with environment, they are just floating there. The lighting is generally boring and flat.

Every dialogue is this: 10 minutes of slideshow from the same exact angle, with 3-4 slight variations of pose repeating. That’s it. The only good thing about the renders is that the girls are rendered with details, you can see skin texture and they are generally fine.

Good Things

• Girl models are generally pretty good and detailed
    • Quite long with many conversations and slow tease (but read above)
    • It can satisfy the craving of those who have incest and corruption kinks

Bad points

• The story and writing is bad and doesn’t improve much
    • Character are not developed and their actions are not believable
    • Characters don’t act their age, its very bad
    • Girls are very stupid and don’t have the most basic of common sense or knowledge about bodies or sex
    • Renders are not good, boring and repeating constantly, only good thing is detailing
    • Yeah, animations are not good
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 4/5
    Its about MC getting back home to hes 3 daughters after spendind 16 years in jail, then accept him very easily and you can start building an incest relationship if you wish, it has some nice stories with the girls mostly Chloe but i liked it, they are split into 3 types where one is grown-up, one is sweet and easy and youngest is the tuff girl.

It is a bit of a slow burn considering chapter 11 is done and you still only had sex with one main girl, not sure if there is other sex scenes since i did turn down 2.

One small thing that annoys me a bit is how text tells you a girl blush but pictures dosent show it, and with the middel daughter it happens constantly and would have been nice to see it instend of just a text, its a small thing just had to mention it.

Anoter issue is that story fucks up and dosent follow choices, like dropping Petra at first meeting, MC will walk to the park to get to Petras house which makes 0 sense when he dosent have anything to do with her, MC will also talk to Chloe and say he went to work for Petra which never happens when you dumped her.

There are quite a few spelling errors or worng placements of words but its not that often that it ruins anything.

Girls 4/5
    Well i liked the two youngest daughers and like proberly most players Chloe was my favorit.

Animations 4/5
    In the start its not good, really nothing but picture to picture stuff which is a far stretch from being animated, but know that it will get alot better later on.

Music 3/5 / Effects 0/5
    Its pretty good music that suits the game but its pretty much the same constantly which makes you become tierd of listening to it and the voice stuff doing sex scenes should simply just be removed altogether and let the music stay on insted, its truely the worst sex effect/voice thing ive heard, but dev might have fixed that already since i think there was music in the late sex scene so thats good.

Choices 5/5
    All the choices ive seen are great and your free to pick who ever you want or dont want a relationship with, and that include main girls as well.

Ill check back on this one later for sure, but dont think review will change if it keeps up as it has been in the later chapters and i am looking forward to see how pregnancy will go since its pretty rare to see it somewhat early in the game, might be one of the very rare ones where you get the full experince instend of just the standard stuff at the ending of a game, but we will see and proberly sooner rather then later.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

sexton666

well... 5/5

it was surprisingly good, its my second 5 star rate for 1 year now. good renders, good writing, posing, introduction. i mean this guy can put maaany girls in this game bc he is smart. story somehow getting silly but i like that i hope MC ll play the Zohan role for long time maybe we can have hair saloon for next updates eh? I said story is maybe silly but feels real, unlike every fucking other games that has demigod mc, time benders, fucking giga size penis, devil lords, son of the most rich father in the universes... i just like basic MC with lot of sex potential and centered into 100 hot girls. thats why i like adult vns
  8. 1.00 star(s)

UndercoverLover

In short...
    Needs 2 more Tags:
    Boner Killer and Endless Tease.

11 Updates and nothing happens.

The game has 2 or 3 nice characters to offer but probably the same amount of absolute Boner Killers for most people.
    Dialog is an unending pain of repeating 5 images and drivel that takes you ages even on speed auto to get through.

And to make it clear.
    The 2 girls most are after get at most some pussy rubbing and some posing renders... thats it after 2 years of updates..

The sex part is reserved for some side show i doubt anyone will be really interested.

F this.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

wankmastah

++ Great renders
    ++ Interesting characters which you can really build a feel for
    ++ Multiple routes which are fun
    -- Maybe a bit slow paced
    -- Low on sex stuff with some of the girls
    -- Even with the walkthrough it was a bit hard to figure out how to reach certain routes

All in all, became on of my favorite games so far.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Hatty

Overall, I enjoyed it.
    PROS
    • Great models and while the amount of sex scenes is low, there are many lewd images made for many of the LIs at this point, and they all look great
    • The couple of sex scenes that exist are top quality
    • The characters are all distinct and have their own motivations.

CONS
    • At first, I found some of the models and their outfits to be a turn-off, but I eventually got over it.
    • The choices and point system don't really make sense with their outcomes (lewd content). Being rude is required to unlock a bunch of the lewd content, but each character only has a love point system. Rude decisions subtract points. Also, bad choices that are a turn-off for everyone subtract too, so this metric makes no sense and is unnecessarily difficult to manage. Would be better served by having other point metrics such as lust or dominant points.
    • While the characters are all unique, some lack if not most lack depth and they don't feel like real because of that. Chloe feels more complex, but Tegan is basically an emotionless robot who does whatever anyone asks of her.
    • Interacting with characters feels very disjointed. Many times MC will talk to an LI and just when things would usually heat up, they make future plans and leave. This happens way too much and wastes so much time since these interactions build nothing and serve no purpose. A lot of conversations and events go nowhere, which is partly why many relationships seem much too slow to progress.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

BigBlob69

How do you measure the worth of an AVN? Obviously it is subjective. You could you look at its visuals; that would give you an insight into its production value. You could look at the sex scenes and see if they're hot enough to justify the "adult" tag for you. You could see if the plot is compelling enough to keep you engaged.

But none of that really gets to the heart of enjoying an AVN. What really matters in any AVN trying to tell a story is whether you come to care for the characters. Caring for them is it what makes an AVN meaningful as more than a series of images and lines of texts. Caring for them means the developer has crafted something which connects with you.

So did I come to care for the characters in 16 Years Later? Unfortunately only one. Chloe's story evoked the broken bird syndrome inside of me and was enough to make me care for her. But the other daughters? Not so much.

Felicia is supposed to be the primary LI, but for me the escalation from first-time meeting to full-on love was so quick as to feel unnatural and boring. I followed the love path seeing as the "strict" path seemed to involve a lot of just generally being a mean asshole; on my path, Felicia's characterization started and stopped with being an innocent and naive 18 year-old. And it was a shame that on the love path they immediately start a "serious" relationship; half the fun of this genre is to have both the power-difference and love at the same time! Having your cake and eating it feels good.

The oldest daughter, Teegan, seemed to have no personality at all other than being somewhat stressed by work. Some of the side characters had personalities, but neither the mc nor me formed any real connections with them.

While I think the game as is is only average, it could end up being good with sufficient character development. In the meantime, here are some miscellaneous points:
    • The music is so overly dramatic it's kinda funny, but seeing as it plays constantly all the time I mostly turned it off. When I did have it on I was treated to a dance song which kept using a crow cawing sound effect.
    • The point system is confusing; it isn't clear to a first-time player what the repercussions of going negative will be. There is also a warning message at the start to not be too positive or too negative, which only muddies the waters. The walkthrough mod doesn't clear anything up.
    • Why would you read a magazine you don't like when there's a full bookshelf in front of you?
    • Hannah thinks she needs to be very thin to be a model (kinda outdated), but at the same time doesn't realize that piercings are prohibited?
    • My dude if you promise a girl to take her out on a nice date then do zero planning and she ends up taking you out, you fucked up. Oh and don't make her sleep on the sofa every night wtf.
    • English clearly isn't the dev's first language; maybe the characterizations work better in their native language?
    • Seeing the mc getting threatened and beaten up by a little kid is a serious boner killer.
    • MC talking: I'm so sorry to hear all this tragedy you've been through. MC thinking: Lemme smash.
    All in all 9/10 IGN too much water.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

CrookedMan26

It gets three stars for being in the "wholesome" genre. I'm more into this than corruption (not that corruption can't be fun). The daughters are all great, the other LIs have some interesting things going on, and I personally can get past what makes me ding 2 stars off the game.

That said, I do take off two stars for the English. It is not good. It's not the worst I've seen, and honestly I would be much happier if it were just typos or bad grammar. The issue is localization. Concepts are not being portrayed correctly for an English speaking audience, many many conversations are just like speaking to a high-level ESL learner (stiff and overly literal). I taught English as a Second Language for many years, and grew up with a large step-family that had varying levels of English language learners in it, so this is very familiar to me. This is why I can personally get past it to see the good writing that is behind the bad English. However, without my specific background, I can see how the dialogue could cause someone to immediately drop the game.

If you want a cute, wholesome experience and can tolerate ESL level English, I'd give this a try. If not, you might want to wait and see if the creator gets some translation/localization support.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Lemon_Fillet

I think the visuals are very good. Lots of scene variety. At this point in the story the available scenes are not too heavy, but hopefully that will improve with future episodes. Looking forward to continued updates.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Teyrna

Graphics are great, music is okay (it has music!), story is generally good (the premise is great) and isn't slow... but the conversations between some of these characters are weird; mostly an issue of mutual friends and their interest in the MC's budding relationships.

Hard to explain, you'll just have to try it. There's enough right going on with this you should consider playing it, but not enough wrong for me to talk you out of it.

Edit: I ended up cutting bait with this one. Further along I got in the story, the more I didn't care for the way the story is presented. The individual characters are good... but the more I play, the more it feels like you're trying to progress through four different stories. There's the central story that centers on the MC integrating into this new home dynamic with all three of the daughters and the give and take of spending time with each of them; though rarely together as a family... I get it, busy lives and all that, but it would be nice if they talk to each other more than "hey" and "oh, I need to speak to Dad; send him my way", but I digress.

Outside of that primary story, there are stories for each daughter where each daughter is the center point of their own story and that daughter introduces you to her friends, acquaintances, etc, and you do stuff with each of them outside of the house and with their friends. So rather than the game feeling like multiple chapters of a single story, it feels like a soap opera where we go through one story for about 10 minutes... then we switch over to another story... then we switch over to another story... before we come back to the first story again. It's not terrible, but I feel like only the central story focuses on the MC's presence... the other three stories are centered on another character and you are simply present for the events. It's a novel concept in VNs, but it gets old once you realize it's basically got the same structure as a soap opera.

3 stars.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Zekethor

I absolutely loved everything about this game, the story, the models, the dialogues, the choices, the scenes, everything is well done here, if you like incest I completely recommend this game, especially for the routes, you can be the good guy which usually every game has or the controller which is very good too, have fun
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Renonymous

The Good:

- This game is spicy. It has some hot models models and some very nicely written sex sequences. If you love incest and harems, this is definitely worth the read. There's also a decent bit of variety in this game in terms of kinks and appearances (as long as you like all varieties of slender white girl). Overall, very enjoyable.

The not so good:

- Many games struggle with too slow of a pacing; I feel like 16 Years Later! touches on an opposite problem. In this game, you move into your daughters' home and nearly all of them end up making out with you before the week's up. These aren't just naive teenagers; one of them's in her early career as a professional and another is supposed to have trust issues. Still, they all show almost no hesitation in falling in love with their father. I think the author missed a chance to stretch out the seduction and show a story of sexual conflict/wearing-down of scruples.

- I wish there were fewer love interests. This number of side characters in this game results in a few characters that just aren't interesting. I wish the author had spent more time on fewer characters, rather than adding more meaningless side-pieces to the game.

- Some of the backgrounds feel bare or ugly, drawing the eye in a bad way.

Overall, I have a few nits with the game that stop me from saying 10/10, but it's still incredible and worth a look.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

alex13_zen

It's a solid game. The girls are plenty and they're also pretty. It's a harem actually, which I definitely like.
    Ofc all the girls fall in love with the MC and while it's not super rushed, it's also not a slow burn (at least with some of them).

The writing kept me interested although it's not memorable (who even expects that). It doesn't exaggerate the drama though I wish it had a bit more humor. Spelling is mostly good with rare exceptions.

There are animations in the sex scenes though they're not top tier. But it's definitely not just static images which I was very glad to see.

Take a look at the screenshots and if you find the girls appealing, definitely give this game a try. I also used the official walkthrough mod (which keeps the girls as stepdaughters but shows recommended choices).
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Dudlbert

Man this game. I want to be strict but all i get is being an asshole... I mean, how can MC talk about being a good parent when he doesnt care what the girls have to talk about their emotions etc? The only time MC seems to care is in the actual lewd scenes. Outside hes just a jerk to the girls...

I started in game mode and quickly changed to story mode and even there i skip most of the text and only read the scenes.

Its more or less good for a fap but the rest is meh.

Besides this it seems that IC patch doesnt work in story mode. There its still stepdad...
  19. 4.00 star(s)

connor1518

The dev states this is a first attempt at a VN and over all for first one I feel it's above average.

He also states it was inspired by MNF and you can see correlations in some of the characters and events however since the dev acknowledges it and gives credit I don't see a problem, many story writers take inspiration from other sources.

Visually it's not bad. The models mostly look good and it's a plus they don't all have giant oversized boobs. The girls like to wear skimpy outfits and cut out clothes. They also don't mind showing under boob and camel toe, not that I'm complaining. I'm not a fan of body piercings outside of ears and belly buttons, they're a turn off to me but that is a personal preference and not indicative to how the models look.

By my math the dad would be about 40, but his hair makes him look closer to 60. This was a bit off putting to me but not too terrible.

The writing feels a bit off at times as far as sentence structure goes and I noticed a couple of grammatical errors but I've seen much worse. It didn't really throw the story off too much. The bigger issue I noticed is there were times when after a choice is made the following dialog didn't reflect the choice that had been made.

Yes, it follows some standard tropes but still over all it's an enjoyable story line. I think some criticisms have been overly harsh on this aspect.

Almost every harem type VN has a character I either ignore or try to avoid, for me it's Petra in this one. Her character just hit me wrong.

I think the dev is doing a good job thus far and it's worth a play through. I look forward to more.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

vrdude18

Basically it's a daddy/daughter relationship builder VN.
    A bit of a slow build with the daughters but has other side characters thrown in for some good scenes while waiting for the incest part to evolve.
    Story 3/5 - Not bad, overused plot of father being away for years then returns home.
    Graphics/Renders 5/5 - Girls are stunning and realistic.
    Animations 1/5 - Certainly can be a lot better. VN's work better with no animation rather than poor animation. I don't think animations are that important to make a great VN.
    Sex scenes/Fapability 2/5 - Takes a while to get to them and not enough. Could use far more sex scenes.

These type of VN's work so much better as full POV so even less shown of the MC would improve the overall immersion.

Anyway, I look forward to future updates as it will keep evolving.
    Good work dev!