Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
I have no idea what to call this.

Hey all, I've been mostly unavailable for about two weeks. At the start I was still kinda answering some dm's etc but my heart wasn't into it.

So to just jump into it, a close family member had to go to the hospital. Quickly. And then a whole lot of short nights, hospital visits and stress induced headaches and a telephone which was ringing a lot followed. I had to change the ringtone because hearing the old one now triggers all sorts of unpleasant feelings. It was roller coaster with things going up and down and up again. The situation has somewhat calmed down now to a degree where I can start thinking about other things. It's not quite over and it might not be for a while to come, but that's the short and skinny of it.

Maybe I'll talk a bit more about it when it has become a really tiny blip in the rear-view mirror of life. Can't wait for that moment!

That means I've been missing a lot of maybe important stuff and I'll start trying to catch up on that from now. Honestly, it feels like I took a deep dive and only just now resurfaced. Expect me to be a bit out of things in the immediate future. Oddly enough I didn't completely stop working on FET. It's just ingrained too much and what else was I going to do during the "in between moments"? Still, all of that was mostly me being at my most ineffective and thus not much was done during that time. I did manage to practice my thousand-yard stare a lot!

Generally speaking, I'm a practical hands-on kind of person so what does this mean for this months' FET build? I'm not entirely certain I'll have enough for a build. I mean... certainly not what you'd expect of a regular FET build, but I would like to release something if at all possible. Maybe a tiny one? I dunno yet, I'll have to discover that for myself in the upcoming week.

I'm keeping this update short and simple but I don't want it to be only about bad news so how about I give you my impressions on the Avatar Netflix series? I saw it before all of the chaos started and would've talked about it in an earlier update so why not now.

I fully expected it to be a horrible and I didn't even know it was released at the time, but then i visited a friend while he was watching it. Me: "Hey is that the new ava-" Friend: "Yes, it released today or yesterday." Originally I was going to wait for the reviews, but watching something together is always better than by yourself so I watched the first episode right then and there. We watched it together over the next couple of days/week. Out of order, don't ask.

Basically we could enjoy the good parts and laugh during the bad parts so we simply had a good time watching it.

To me this Netflix adaptation would always be a "reenactment" of the real thing, so when it was bad I could simply laugh at it and when it was good I could enjoy it as an extra. It turns out it was both. I'll absolutely want to watch the rest of it but I feel no hurry to do so. Season two can arrive whenever it wants.

Some short points. I liked Sokka, though not immediately. I never really warmed up to this Katara. Zuko was good, uncle Iroh was fine too. Just seeing Mai, made me angry because... well she's not a good casting choice imo. Some actors I've seen so often I couldn't unsee them as their other character in other series. Ozai looked great by the way, but he and Azula... weren't written the way I wanted them to be. Azula is perhaps my biggest problem with all of this.

There was one moment which I don't think was present in the cartoon. I'm not certain whether it's canon and mentioned in books/comics, but when the origin of the crew on Zuko's ship was revealed... well that was a great moment. Fit to be in the cartoon itself. I liked the Bumi part too, though I might be one of the few people who does judging from some reviews I watched afterwards.

So basically, if you have low to no expectations and are willing to accept it's its own thing and doing it's own thing in places it can certainly be enjoyed... though my opinion might have been skewed by watching it with others and not just by myself. Btw. I'm curious what Toph will look like in the next season/s.

I have shitload of dm's to get through(which I won't be able to do today) and still a lot to do in general so I'll keep it at this. If I won't be able to put anything together for this month I'll write another update telling you about it, but if I can prepare something you'll notice in the regular way : )

Talk to you later!

bobsonbob

Oct 31, 2019
I haven't followed this one at all, but have enjoyed other mity work. I see the game is obviously still being worked on, but should I take the version number to mean that this has a complete story and he's just adding more content and epilogue, or is this one of those weird games that has version 1.0 from the start of very early development?

I tried skimming through the changelog and wasn't sure.

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
I haven't followed this one at all, but have enjoyed other mity work. I see the game is obviously still being worked on, but should I take the version number to mean that this has a complete story and he's just adding more content and epilogue, or is this one of those weird games that has version 1.0 from the start of very early development?

I tried skimming through the changelog and wasn't sure.
no thats just because this was a project for the artist to learn coding he didnt think he would develope the game this far but now he even added a completely new area in the city without any real content in it yet so theres definetly more coming to the story.

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes