2019 was the worst year for adult gaming

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
If i watch back what happen in 2019 to many H Games didn't get any update or only a bit, i would say this Year was the worst for h games.

Why ?

Icstor didn't even made 1 update for Milfy City

Summertime Saga will get with version 0.19 only 2 updates in 2019.

My New Life by Beggar of Net was revamped & it was the worst decision.

Nergals Nest showed his true colors and didn't deliever anything at all.

Gumdrop didn't release any update.

Amity Park only got 2 Updates so far in 2019.

Perhaps you'll have a new perspective in 20/20, hindsight has the benefit of experience.
In the heat of the moment, it might seem overwhelming, and unbearable but eventually you see it wasn't so bad.

MrJBJ

Mar 15, 2019
Just look at the latest updates tab. How it's a bad year for h gaming when you get tens of updated games every day? I understand that you may dislike all of the games outside your list, but it's just a bad year for your tastes, not for h gaming.

Reactions: RanliLabz

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Overall there are more quality Games than ever, but the big ones like Summertime Saga, DMD and Milfy City definitely had a tough year. DMD gets a Update every 3 Month, Summertime Saga like twice a Year and Milfy City was dead for the whole Year.

Reactions: cimibibapa2

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Didn't expected that so many people will participate in this discussion, thats cool.

I forgot some games to mention Urban Demons & The Manor, those games also got 2-3 updates this year (so far)
Midnight Paradise had a very bad start (had a huge delay cause he didn't use renpy from beginning)

Wouldn't you guys say that updates in general became slower.
The Years before we had 1 update every month from quality games
For example, DMD, DOD, The Twist, Urban Demons, The Manor, MNL, Big Brother
But now it's like 3-4 Months for one update in general (when it comes to the quality adult games like Badik)

(Bit offtopic)
As someone mentioned here it was a good year for pirates...
Not at all if you consider gaming in general, denuvo is a real pain in the ass.

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
In order for 2019 to be the worst year for adult gaming F95 would have to have been shut down, with Patreon kicking all adult content creators off their platform, coupled with a couple other actual problems taking place within the community. All in all, in my view, its just been a fairly average year, with the bonus of steam letting adult content onto their platform.

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Let me rephrase my concern.

It was not a bad year for h games overall, but it was bad for the old ones like ss for example.

Update Shedule became slower.

But yeah some awesome new games was released (in 2019) like badik & this was good news

Reactions: Ara-sH

215303j

It was not a bad year for h games overall, but it was bad for the old ones like ss for example.
In my opinion, the old games are being overtaken by new ones, in all aspects: visuals, story, game design etc.

I still have a soft spot for DmD for old times' sake, but where it used to be pretty great when it started, now it is really showing it's age. Both in terms of visuals and in story.

Frankly, to me, it's amazing that mediocre games still have such a huge following even without consistent updates. Take Milfy City: the visuals still are not bad (not top of the line anymore either), but it's a trope fest... For some reason still popular though...

Dual Familiy at least had a solid story and an interesting premise. Too bad that the dev is....., well, smarter than his patrons at least....

Sieg Linde

May 19, 2017
The games I like did great. Only complaints I even have are that some of them are ending and that My Sweet Neighbors is still on hold. I think if that game ever comes back it should get a big ass alert at the top of the site notifying us.

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Im so happy that i didn't even start playing dual family cause if i would gumdrop would make me even more angrier

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
There where alot of visual novels out this year.
Visual novels arent games.
If you want to be technical you could classify them as such.
Just as i could classify a child drawing as art(i mean there is no difference between "abstract" art and trowing some paint on the paper and call it art)

But really alot of "games" that came out this year lack any gameplay.
Having a branching choices that change 2 or 3 dialogs isnt really gameplay.

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
There where alot of visual novels out this year.
Visual novels arent games.
If you want to be technical you could classify them as such.
Just as i could classify a child drawing as art(i mean there is no difference between "abstract" art and trowing some paint on the paper and call it art)

But really alot of "games" that came out this year lack any gameplay.
Having a branching choices that change 2 or 3 dialogs isnt really gameplay.
There is a reason for that, people don't want to spend 45 minutes grinding and wandering around for a 5 second 3 frame repeat scene.
There are several VN's that require you to make the right choices to get a desired scene, there is a lot of VN's as there are a lot of developers who have changed from a game to a VN, Honeygames and DanielsK are two who have swapped over.
A VN is a game, as any drawing is art, art doesn't mean it has to be good (David Hockney made a fortune for throwing paint on a canvas, which any 2 year old could do) if people want to play them they will.

I find games that are quite linear that I will be on a path I don't want to be on frustrating so I stop playing those games (Elena's life and Jamal who I can't stand, Anna's Exciting Affection (should be affliction I have always wondered why he never fixed that typo) and her boss, who is just a fat ugly bully) However as there is not tons of wondering around for little reward it works, when you get a good VN in with 20 minutes of playtime with 3 or 4 good scenes I will take that instead of 45 minutes of grind with a small scene on it.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine,

Games that have been updated this year that are regular.

Daniels K finished Lancaster Boarding House and then released Pine Falls, the update is always released around the 15th of the month
Captain Kitty with the Engagement, it receives regular updates
Honey Games with New Coral City ( though he remade it as a VN, but is releasing updates weekly to get back to where he was)
Mike Masters with College life is update regularly
DarkHound with Holiday Island
DeepSleep with Anna's exciting Affection
Walkius with School, Love and friends

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
There is a reason for that, people don't want to spend 45 minutes grinding and wandering around for a 5 second 3 frame repeat scene.
I agree.
Good games dont make your grind for 45 min to get a 5 second scene.
Pacing is important in games both story and gameplay wise
Which brings me to my problem with visual novels.
You spend 90% of the game reading a boring story with zero influence on it to get that 5 second scene.
I rather spend 90% of the game playing then reading.

There are several VN's that require you to make the right choices to get a desired scene.
Which brings up an other problem.
Your outcome is decided on how much you pick the right answers.
You dont really get anything to do.

For example: In free cities i love breeding bloodlines of slave's.
So how much inbreeding it would take to make a slave truly worthless or how much it would take to get the stupid bred out.
Or superpowered where i get to choice who to corrupt, how and why.

Or lab rats 1 where i only ever corrupt alexis because i want the harem ending.
Visual novels dont offer me this.
It is just skip until sex scene.
I have seen very few with stories that i didnt want to skip.

I am happy you like them.
But for me they are just a waste of time and effort.

Last edited:

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
2018 was a real hard year for h game devs.
Considering the Patreon banning people cause of incest in games.

Plus PC Components where so expensive in 2018 cause of the crypto currency hype, i remember when a gtx 1080 cost around 1000$ (used condition) now you can buy it for 300$.

AMD with there new ryzen 3k cpu's really made things easier, now even poor devs can afford a good pc for rendering.

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
I agree.
Good games dont make your grind for 45 min to get a 5 second scene.
Pacing is important in games both story and gameplay wise
Which brings me to my problem with visual novels.
You spend 90% of the game reading a boring story with zero influence on it to get that 5 second scene.
I rather spend 90% of the game playing then reading.

For example: In free cities i love breeding bloodlines of slave's.
So how much inbreeding it would take to make a slave truly worthless or how much it would take to get the stupid bred out.
Or superpowered where i get to choice who to corrupt, how and why.

Or lab rats 1 where i only ever corrupt alexis because i want the harem ending.
Visual novels dont offer me this.
It is just skip until sex scene.
I have seen very few with stories that i didnt want to skip.

Agree

I hate this much reading factor.

that's so awful im not playing such games to read all day.

Darkcookie found a good middleground his game have enough art to justify this much of a text.

Compared to taffy tales where you need to read 10 minutes and after that you will see new art & again you read for minutes and after that you'll see new scene, that's hella annoying in games.

If they decide to make it like a book than they need to make it like a picture book, many pictures less text

215303j

Yes, that's how VN's work usually.
If you don't like the genre, than that's fine of course.
I get your FC reference, that's definately not a VN. I guess Superpowered and Lab Rats 1 are a bit in-between.

But I have to say that the last couple of years (I can't be bothered to look up actual first release dates) we have gotten a lot of truly excellent VN's which are objectively far superior to the stuff that was made before. Games that used to be top-notch would be only mediocre if released today. It's like comparing Fall-Out 4 with the original Doom.

Games like FC are hard to compare because it's pretty unique. And hard to replicate because the content is so taboo it could never be made commercially.

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
2018 was a real hard year for h game devs.
Considering the Patreon banning people cause of incest in games.
Why?

A lot of the devs created incest games because of the success of Dating my Daughter and Big Brother.
There are several games that have no incest in them. If you look at this forums most popular games there are very few with incest in them, though some of them have implied incest, Royal Candy's No more secrets, is one example you know that is his Dad, step mum and step sister.
What hit devs is that as they were creating niche games, their support ran for the hills when they had to change the game.
There are better games that have no incest Being a DIK and Acting Lessons are two of them.

I like a good VN, like I like a good book, I do skip text on boring ones just to get to the good ones.

There are some on my list that aren't VNs, College Life is one, though it has incest in it. Holiday Island is not a VN but is a sandbox.

I am not opposed to great games, but I am not opposed to great VN's. I used to play superpowered but it got a little too much and became grindy as hell. I will cheat on games that need tons of money but earning power is limited, I don't want to spend an hour earning 100 gold for a sword or something I just want to get on with it most of the time.

I hope you find a good VN that appeals to you, I think I could write a decent story, but have no time to render and code a game (mainly as I would need to learn to do that) I think sometimes devs need writers too.

Reactions: nln0