Englen

Mar 17, 2019
None taken. I expected the same thing when I joined up this year which is why it took me almost a month before I posted anything. I was like what 20 year old is going to care about what I think about these games. Behind the keyboard it is hard to tell who is old or young sometimes. It's kinda nice we can all get together to chat about a game like this.
4c17ow.jpg

sgnafuz

Mar 31, 2019
Well guys, as some of you might have noticed, I am more a lurker than a poster here in this wonderful thread.

I have been thinking of this post for quite a while and finally I decided to let it out.

I really do enjoy reading the discussions and the debates about the personalities of the various characters and the possible interactions among all of them (I nearly laughed myself to death on the whole spy conspiracy series for one), instead of the usual “How do I cheat to get more [money] [hitpoints] [hearts], etc. (you name it)” or “where do I find such and such quest item”, or other frivolous subjects.

This made me think on how well written this game is. You can really feel the complexity of the script, which can seriously be compared to the script of an A movie, with all the characters (and there are a lot in this game) being carefully outlined one by one (even secondary NPC’s which may appear only once in the game), having their distinct and unique personality with very subtly designed psychological traits.

I’m really dumbfounded thinking of how much preliminary work it must have taken (and still takes) to write down the script, let alone making the renders for all the possible alternative scenes.

The amount and the quality of the work BD was able to accomplish in barely one year is mindboggling. Thank you BD on behalf of all of us.

And, last but not least, a couple words for my dear fellow posters (not all of them, just the ones that are a little less assholes than the average):poop:.

I’ve been in few other threads (4 or 5 as a matter of fact) and I can’t claim I have a thorough knowledge, but the atmosphere that reigns here is quite unique.

First of all the appreciation and the genuine interest for the dev’s work and sympathy for all the mishaps in his life.

Second, the wholesome feeling altogether, which gives me the impression of being among really close friends, or even better in a tightly knit family, where one can exchange details of one’s personal life – sometimes even very intimate.

Mind you, you’re still a bunch of assholes, but you’re my assholes.:LOL:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Well guys, as some of you might have noticed, I am more a lurker than a poster here in this wonderful thread.

I have been thinking of this post for quite a while and finally I decided to let it out.

I really do enjoy reading the discussions and the debates about the personalities of the various characters and the possible interactions among all of them (I nearly laughed myself to death on the whole spy conspiracy series for one), instead of the usual “How do I cheat to get more [money] [hitpoints] [hearts], etc. (you name it)” or “where do I find such and such quest item”, or other frivolous subjects.

This made me think on how well written this game is. You can really feel the complexity of the script, which can seriously be compared to the script of an A movie, with all the characters (and there are a lot in this game) being carefully outlined one by one (even secondary NPC’s which may appear only once in the game), having their distinct and unique personality with very subtly designed psychological traits.

I’m really dumbfounded thinking of how much preliminary work it must have taken (and still takes) to write down the script, let alone making the renders for all the possible alternative scenes.

The amount and the quality of the work BD was able to accomplish in barely one year is mindboggling. Thank you BD on behalf of all of us.

And, last but not least, a couple words for my dear fellow posters (not all of them, just the ones that are a little less assholes than the average):poop:.

I’ve been in few other threads (4 or 5 as a matter of fact) and I can’t claim I have a thorough knowledge, but the atmosphere that reigns here is quite unique.

First of all the appreciation and the genuine interest for the dev’s work and sympathy for all the mishaps in his life.

Second, the wholesome feeling altogether, which gives me the impression of being among really close friends, or even better in a tightly knit family, where one can exchange details of one’s personal life – sometimes even very intimate.

Mind you, you’re still a bunch of assholes, but you’re my assholes.:LOL:
So much good stuff in this post that I have to comment. First off I agree on the story line as someone who has attempted to write a book I know how hard it can be to set up a good story and keep the reader entertained and wanting more. For actual story line this is one of the best here sure there are a few other really good ones like My new Family and the DeLuca Family and I think that is what makes the difference from a good game to a great game. BD does a great job with that along with the other 2 developers I mentioned.

While I don't hang out in other threads much I do stop by a few, but very few feel the same as this thread. Sure we call each other out a times but overall we have fun and enjoy commenting on this wonderful game and great developer. I as well feel the same way with the family vibe sure we are a little on the dysfunctional side at times or some of you like the cool cousin you can't wait to hand out with at the family reunions, or maybe the crazy uncle that gives you beer just to spite your parents.

It is fun here for sure we do a good job welcoming in new people while at the same time warding off the trolls.

Reactions: csmk14

jadenyuki

Oct 9, 2019
I am replaying the game and I am now stuck on the bathroom scene at the first day... man, it is really tough. Did you guys "explore the relationship" with Shauna or no?

All the upcoming sex scenes are great but man, Jamie. :cry: Halps.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I am replaying the game and I am now stuck on the bathroom scene at the first day... man, it is really tough. Did you guys "explore the relationship" with Shauna or no?

See this is why I have 12 complete saves so I can experience everything I want with no guilt at the end. However in most save I don't sleep with Shauna until I get the thumbs up from Jamie. Even though you miss out on at least 3 lewd scenes if you don't agree to bonus sexy time with Shauna.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
So I really only know that I know nothing (am I Jon Snow?) but my uninformed opinion is that @sgnafuz and @LocoGringo78 obviously post too much for anyone to keep up.
Thanks I know how much you like my posts. Just think my first post was about 3 months ago and I am already over 500 posts now. Most of which probably came in the past 45 days or so.

Reactions: csmk14

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

When i first started playing this game last year. i disliked Jamie, i hate when games force you to have a predetermined girlfriend that you're supposed to care about, 90% of the time im gonna go for another girl as soon as possible in this case Shauna and hope you can break it off with the girlfriend like in Where It All Began, i dropped Miru the moment it was possible. I instantly liked Shauna's character more than Jamie's so i chose to cheat on Jamie and explore the relationship with Shauna, keep in mind this was before i knew what the central plot/theme of the game was gonna be as i was playing from the very beginning. Jamie grew on me as the updates went on and here i am are happily building my harem of beautiful girls but i dont regret my decision to cheat on Jamie when i was offered the chance and i still choose the same option whenever i replay the game.

• Love
Reactions: Alig8r

sgnafuz

Mar 31, 2019
So I really only know that I know nothing (am I Jon Snow?) but my uninformed opinion is that sgnafuz and LocoGringo78 obviously post too much for anyone to keep up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: now that I'm re-reading it, it obviously wasn't :LOL:
Hey, i'm offended. I don't post even 1/10th of the shit that logorrhoic Locogringo spits out:ROFLMAO::poop:
:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Loco

jadenyuki

Oct 9, 2019
When i first started playing this game last year. i disliked Jamie, i hate when games force you to have a predetermined girlfriend that you're supposed to care about, 90% of the time im gonna go for another girl as soon as possible in this case Shauna and hope you can break it off with the girlfriend like in Where It All Began, i dropped Miru the moment it was possible. I instantly liked Shauna's character more than Jamie's so i chose to cheat on Jamie and explore the relationship with Shauna, keep in mind this was before i knew what the central plot/theme of the game was gonna be as i was playing from the very beginning. Jamie grew on me as the updates went on and here i am are happily building my harem of beautiful girls but i dont regret my decision to cheat on Jamie when i was offered the chance and i still choose the same option whenever i replay the game.
Yeah, first time I played I also cheated on Jamie in all possible ways because I thought she was meh. But I obviously changed my mind about that - when I played a second time, I didn't cheat on her with Shauna.

I don't think it will change anything ever, but I remember they (mc and Shauna) keep talking about what they did and that they have to tell Jamie, and that drives me crazy, haha.

I will always cheat on her with Rachael tho because that is a different situation, but about Shauna I am not so sure.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah, first time I played I also cheated on Jamie in all possible ways because I thought she was meh. But I obviously changed my mind about that - when I played a second time, I didn't cheat on her with Shauna.

I don't think it will change anything ever, but I remember they (mc and Shauna) keep talking about what they did and that they have to tell Jamie, and that drives me crazy, haha.

I will always cheat on her with Rachael tho because that is a different situation, but about Shauna I am not so sure.
Yeah I will always cheat with Rachael so I can get me some Alexis yum.

sgnafuz

Mar 31, 2019
So I really only know that I know nothing (am I Jon Snow?) but my uninformed opinion is that sgnafuz and LocoGringo78 obviously post too much for anyone to keep up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: now that I'm re-reading it, it obviously wasn't :LOL:

Edit edit: I see now that the word "uniformed" could be mistaken for something having to do with the word "uniform". It doesn't. In this context it means "not informed" so un-informed....
And FYI, the sentence "I know that I know nothing" is by Socrates, some 2.5K years ago :sneaky:

Reactions: LN1982

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
And FYI, the sentence "I know that I know nothing" is by Socrates, some 2.5K years ago :sneaky:
Ok now we are dropping some historical knowledge while discussing an adult game this is a new twist, or is this an attempt to take over Veronica's role at WVM after she tries to quit?

3.70 star(s) 640 Votes