3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Lets use this thread for all questions related to 3d graphics. I don't want to see any sarcasm when answering a question, if the members question bother you, don't post. Simple as that.
Perhaps put links to specific software forums (ie Daz3d, Renpy, Unity, etc) in the op for quick reference?

Also, I recommend moving this thread to the Development main forum for higher visibility.

Last edited:

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Well we are getting too many in general that arent seen. Tcms had to ping me on discord, and they are already asking for help in in the how to install dim content. I just think till save confusion to have 3d asset help along with the assets (aka, where they got them). Maybe im wrong, but its where id go for help.

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
well, I mean

its not like this threads existence is going to keep me awake at night...

If I ever have a question, i'll ask in the correct section

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
well, I mean

its not like this threads existence is going to keep me awake at night...

If I ever have a question, i'll ask in the correct section

I can move it, but i really dont know which is best.. it'll keep me up :FeelsBadMan:

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
well, at least the thread is under the Development section, so theres that...
but looking in the general "Programing and Development" subsection, I see lots of people who dont seem to have a problem finding the correct section to ask questions.
But then again, maybe people see that heading and think its more programing/code based and dont look.
so then, maybe take the assets subforums and put them into a new "Graphics" oriented forum?
so... Development/Graphics N Visuals/Asset Releases
dunno. never thought it was a problem. but now thinking about it... maybe? kinda? try it and find out? lol

Knyghtblade

Nov 3, 2017
ok here's my question - I just downloaded the faveral Village bundle. I unzipped it then copied the IM zip files to the Daz Install Manager folder. I ran the manager in offline mode and it imported all the files with no errors. But I cannot find the models anywhere in Daz - am I missing something?

Knyghtblade

Nov 3, 2017
ok I must be an idiot because either a) these are poser files not Daz files and thats why I cannot see them or b) I have no clue where the poser format section is in Daz.

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
in your content library tab, scroll towards the bottom. look for poser formats. then under that, props
Poser Files.jpg

Reactions: q96b

Knyghtblade

Nov 3, 2017
nvm found it - the file structure had been double clicked and hidden - found it all now.

Thanks for your help!!

Knyghtblade

Nov 3, 2017
ok next question. With a model such as the Bookstore from that village is it possible to make changes to it? It seems to be just one model and I cannot make changes to individual parts - like the sign above the door or the lettering on the windows.

danger_mouse

Jan 7, 2018
Riddle me this. If I install through the Daz manager, and then go into Daz Studio, there is that 'Products' tab in the smart content panel, some things say "install", why do things need to be installed twice? They already show up in the Files tab.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, I'm trying to use DazStudio4.10 to do my games but I'm lost. What assets do I need to make rooms, add furniture or objects, or are there already some ready? Thank you in advance.

azerty789

May 10, 2017
You have a kind of free package that you can install when you create an accompt on DAZ shop, but it's almost excusively rather old assets (except G3 and G8 basic stuff). You have to download and install individual products for characters, environnements, clothing, shaders, etc...

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
You have a kind of free package that you can install when you create an accompt on DAZ shop, but it's almost excusively rather old assets (except G3 and G8 basic stuff). You have to download and install individual products for characters, environnements, clothing, shaders, etc...
Ok thank you but there is nothing free i can download from here just to see how they work? It's not for don't spend money but just for not spend money buying something i don't really need or can use.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote