3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

azerty789

May 10, 2017
You have plenty of "free stuff" around this section. :) You just have to install them with the proper method depending of if they are official daz studio assets or from a third party website.

Reactions: dylaney

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I have installed some of them but didn't found any room or stuff to create room forniture ect, i installed them with DIM.
The only room i can see is the one with the elf woman in tutorial.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
First of all, thank you for this thread :)

Now, my little noob question. I created a charcter in DS with morphs, hair, etc. Now I want to save this in a file so I can import the character in other scenes (including hair etc.). I already tried to save the model and the assets selected with the option save as ... support asset ... figure/prop assets. I can then choose the file unter saved files ... actor ... character in the smart content. But when it is loaded into the scene I have only the base model, no hair, clothes etc. What am I doing wrong?

azerty789

May 10, 2017
For the character, save it as a scene subset. You can use it with the "merge" option.

For the furniture, you have to install different environments. Ideally you should use room construction sets if you want to create your own rooms.

Reactions: Creeping Death

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017

Now, my little noob question. I created a charcter in DS with morphs, hair, etc. Now I want to save this in a file so I can import the character in other scenes (including hair etc.). I already tried to save the model and the assets selected with the option save as ... support asset ... figure/prop assets. I can then choose the file unter saved files ... actor ... character in the smart content. But when it is loaded into the scene I have only the base model, no hair, clothes etc. What am I doing wrong?
:rolleyes: @Morpheus668. Place might be questionable. Still apprciated all the same :FuckYea:

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
oh, I was being polite in my prior reply. I still think this is not the proper forum, unless you want to turn it into the proper forum :)
as I said, I guess some people see the other forum a think it is more code based not art based. So, again, maybe have a separate technical based art/asset/whathaveyou forum with the request/release forums as subforums.
but the hell I know, im just along for the ride....

danger_mouse

Jan 7, 2018

You can just save it as a scene, and merge it with another scene, or load it up, save scene as and continue adding stuff to that new file. thats what I do.

Reactions: Creeping Death

azerty789

May 10, 2017
Sometimes DAZ gives free assets in its freebies section. It also happens that it gives you some free stuff during special sales like the one for Christmas or other events....
You can get many assets in the release section of F95.

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
From where do you guys download free Daz models ? Are those even free ?

Usually some duplication between sites.. So watch what you download :D

spidey164

Dec 15, 2017
So forgive me if I am missing something here. I am trying to use a hair that was designed for a model that I do not have, but I did install it multiple times. Since I don't have the model, it won't show up anywhere in my content...

Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out. It turned out to be a poser based content, so I needed to add it manually to the Poser section in the content library by adding a runtime.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Usually some duplication between sites.. So watch what you download :D

I have problems since a few days with 3dzone.link, no more download links. Can somebody confirm this? And yes, I also tried without adblocker, etc. simple vanilla browser settings. Nothing worked.

Reactions: TAR313

TAR313

Dec 20, 2017
I have problems since a few days with 3dzone.link, no more download links. Can somebody confirm this? And yes, I also tried without adblocker, etc. simple vanilla browser settings. Nothing worked.
se same here - has it a few days ago - hope there is a fix soon ... :(

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
It's not shutdown, it's just trying to utilize gullible pirates wanting stuff to run Coinhive (an online mining op) - or they're just dumb as fuck and messed up again (god knows they've done it before). Check them out again in a couple weeks, perhaps they've gotten their shit back together.

Nisse69

Apr 20, 2018
Ok... You are sitting there with a newly (re)installed DAZ3D 4.10...

I would like to know: which are the settings you are gonna change from "factory Defaults"?

Nisse69

Apr 20, 2018
Can you see, somewhere, what kind of things you have on your figure?? e.g. Eyes, makeup, smile, lips and so on?? I can only see what hair I have.
I'm trying to see it in the "Scene" but can't find it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote