Black Star Games

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2022
Okay. I tested this. Premise was interesting. Summoning hot girls in basement and getting closer to mom and sisters. Nothing wrong with that. Except that while I was looking for story, developer had installed "game" in the form of sandbox, which slowed advancing story to crawling and made me look for hints to see how to advance it more. I don't have time for this kind of shit. For example, I have 4000 books in my library that I haven't had time to read yet. I'd rather use my time with those or play some other game than struggle to advance in this game. So, I'm abandoning this one.
Where are you struggling to advance? I have everything laid out of what you need to do to progress or start any sort of events. If you feel there is any sort of guess work or flailing around clicking buttons till something works then let me know and I'd change it.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Where are you struggling to advance? I have everything laid out of what you need to do to progress or start any sort of events. If you feel there is any sort of guess work or flailing around clicking buttons till something works then let me know and I'd change it.
Not that I couldn't advance. But looking for correct times to some events to start, reading book 4 times to advance, moving around in the house and city, seeing similar scenes several times with little advancements (bath room, sister visiting morning..). It's all just extra hassle and time consumer that I don't want.

Simply, I don't like to play with sandbox mechanics. Unless you make pure VN version option where events happen in predetermined order and so on, I'm not be happy with the game. And I certainly won't expect you to make such an effort for non-paying player. There are players after all, that are happy to look for the content in a games such as this.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Not that I couldn't advance. But looking for correct times to some events to start, reading book 4 times to advance, moving around in the house and city, seeing similar scenes several times with little advancements (bath room, sister visiting morning..). It's all just extra hassle and time consumer that I don't want.

Simply, I don't like to play with sandbox mechanics. Unless you make pure VN version option where events happen in predetermined order and so on, I'm not be happy with the game. And I certainly won't expect you to make such an effort for non-paying player. There are players after all, that are happy to look for the content in a games such as this.
That's the standard Sandbox/VN divide isn't it, you can't please everyone, personally I'm crave a true Sandbox, I hate the lack of choice in VN's.
Sandboxs tend to be a lot harder to balance though with most turning into little more than VN's with extra walking/grinding.

Black Star Games

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2022
That's the standard Sandbox/VN divide isn't it, you can't please everyone, personally I'm crave a true Sandbox, I hate the lack of choice in VN's.
Sandboxs tend to be a lot harder to balance though with most turning into little more than VN's with extra walking/grinding.
Exactly my same sentiment.

Games like Sunshine Love, which have high quality images and cute girls but once you progress the linear current story.. Then that's it. They always feel lacking.
On the flip side though, the early games from Celavie Group and Dark Silver were an infuriating grind where some events would take weeks and weeks of in game time just to progress a small bit of an event. I aim to strike a balance between the two.

If I had, I dunno, Sad Crab Patreon kinda money I would love to publish a real sandbox game like HHS+ as actual sandbox games are the best. Also being an absolute degenerate in games like crusader kings and skyrim kinda fill that same niche.

Reactions: Danyboy

Black Star Games

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2022
While playing this game opened two ads and interrupted my enjoyment
Wtf
I'm pretty sure that the android version of 0.231 shouldn't have ads.

If so fret not as I am now able to create android builds myself and don't need to rely on 3rd party to make them. There was a lot of ask to make an android version and as part of the 3rd party deal was to have ads.

Going forward they won't though, version 0.24 will be public in a few days.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I don't understand the negative ratings and comments. This is a normal sandbox game with unique visuals and a rather silly over the top plot. It is maybe a 4 but definetly not a 2.6.

Uxeki44

Oct 15, 2023
Well, I decided to give this a try since the dev added the option to toggle NTR shit, turned off all the optional content at the beginning aaaannnd.... Big cat man still fucks the catgirl on top of MC... FFS I really wanted to like this game but I ain't about that cuck shit. Pretty sure that horse is gonna fuck MC's Mom before he does, wouldn't be surprised if the fucking dogs bangs the sisters before MC with the promised Halloween content at this rate. I'm out, I tried. Yet again, what a waste of good character models.
Thank you for your sacrifice

Reactions: Faxe10%

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well ... the convoluted mess that is your room when you want to get any game content sure adds to the chaos.
It is maybe a 4 but definetly not a 2.6.
Then the waiting your every next week on Thursday for this plot to thicken or
that intrigue to blossom your next week on Friday,
while scenes randomly decide to not trigger around town or around the house,
sure,
it gets tiresome and cumbersome really quick.

Drainer002

Jul 23, 2020
Exactly my same sentiment.

Games like Sunshine Love, which have high quality images and cute girls but once you progress the linear current story.. Then that's it. They always feel lacking.
On the flip side though, the early games from Celavie Group and Dark Silver were an infuriating grind where some events would take weeks and weeks of in game time just to progress a small bit of an event. I aim to strike a balance between the two.

If I had, I dunno, Sad Crab Patreon kinda money I would love to publish a real sandbox game like HHS+ as actual sandbox games are the best. Also being an absolute degenerate in games like crusader kings and skyrim kinda fill that same niche.

hmm, the keyword in ""games"" like Sunshine love is VN, jus like KN it's main take is reading a story the only difference between the 2 is that in a good VN you as the reader/ player can decide what direction or who you want to persue in the story, a KN is therefore a comic book i guess :unsure:.

Most dev's trying to make an actual game out of a VN are having trouble with this.
3YoV on the other hand is not catogerized in either, meaning you can make some things easier by using building blocks. (ex. intro VN buildup, prologue game input elements (racing/ fps/...), chapter one KN,...) so long transitions are fluent and make sense your good to go.(y)

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
This is one of the few times I don't understand the low rating for a game. Sure, the story is nonexistent, it's super short, and nothing makes sense in it. But at least it's original.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yakis0ba

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
This is one of the few times I don't understand the low rating for a game. Sure, the story is nonexistent, it's super short, and nothing makes sense in it. But at least it's original.
Originality is really not more important than the other issues.
I mean, it's not that hard to be "original" when you don't have to worry about story, game length, or even things making any sense.
Ostriches run an advertising firm in 17th century Peru. Boom, original.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Black Star Games Maybe, just maybe I shouldn't be able to summon Yera and bring her to my spiffy extra dimensional space until *after* I have completed arcane knowledge 2 and created that extra dimensional space?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Now the scene is avoidable (doesn't happen) if you have NTR disabled. I think the change was made in the last update. There was already a big discussion about it, so it's best to stop complaining now that it's resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.60 star(s) 20 Votes