VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - A Detective's Way [Ch.1 Full] [dbstarring]

1. 5.00 star(s)

SomeThrowawayAye

It is certainly early days but I can already tell that A Detective's Way has the makings to be a really good VN. The renders on both of the MCs are beautiful and I think there could be some interesting story/plot potential with them being a detective/reporter duo. The elder sister appears to be the more reserved one (and therefore open to corruption) while the younger sister is already rather promiscuous and I can already see how their relationship will develop in future updates.
    There are some choices in the game and we shall see what/if any impact they will have on the direction the game/story goes in. I didn't notice any gamebreaking bugs so my only criticism currently is that the language and spelling does have numerous errors in it but nothing that I would say is particularly egregious.

A Detective's Way is definitely one to add the the watchlist and may one day be worthy of patrons. We'll see how the dev cycle goes. (Reviewed as of Chapter 1 Beta)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

skrusher

Great game!

The plot is interesting. The story develops nicely and the dialogues are well written. A slight improvement in the English would be nice.

The renders are well done. The girls are beautiful and hot. And the nightclub bathroom scene is one of the hottest I've ever seen.

Also, adding a pure lesbian route would be great.

The game is promising and is already on my list of the best new games of the year.

Thanks for sharing!!! I look forward to what comes next.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Harveztrau

Now, this is a properly done introduction! There are far too many 0.1's that are just 5 minutes of gameplay, but this one spends time introducing you to the world and the characters in it. This feels like the beginning of a good story, not just a story starting and we will see where it goes.
    Keep up the good work