A Discussion on Game Over Rape (GOR)

What do you think of GOR?

• Total voters
Jan 9, 2021
What do you think of a game like Night of Revenge then? It has the "struggle snuggle" system along with a final GOR if the heroine is taken down to zero health.
I haven't played it so I can't give an honest opinion on that, but from that short description, at a glance, I'd say I'm alright with it. Most of my grief over the mechanic is it being the only source of lewd content, immediately followed by a game over. At that point they might as well laugh in my face.

Reactions: Nikolas-Ambross

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Then main exception I have to generally not liking the defeat = rape scenario is catfights. As unrealistic as it is, when I see a scene start like this:

catfight1.png

I want it to end like this:

catfight2.png

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I don't really have anything super insightful to say that already hasn't been said however for some weird reason I find it funny that people use an acronym for Game Over Rape (G.O.R.).

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020
I think it can sometimes ruin the game's progression and lower the player's motivation to win if there are better rewards for losing. Sometimes one's monkey brain enjoys the quick lewd GOR games since they provide content very fast, but usually they don't hold your attention for too long. Frankly I'm not into rape kink, with maybe the exception of dubious consent involving morally neutral entities(ex. tentacles). I dislike seeing fear, despair and degradation, hence many GOR aren't for me.

Last edited:

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
My game's basic premise is "win to rape" (although you can play it start to end without any sexual violence and go for a full romantic flow). Rape is a fantasy like any other, it's the ultimate dominance essentially, but some people feel personally offended by it, as if the game promotes violence and such. I believe most people will just pass a game containing a fetish they dislike but a few probably feel vindictive and want to hurt the developer by rating him low.

I believe this is also the case with other controversial content like NTR or gay. Most people are mature about stuff they don't like but some people are... not.

Mar 28, 2017
Then main exception I have to generally not liking the defeat = rape scenario is catfights.
Lol that's very specific but I can see what you mean. Nice pictures by the way!

I don't really have anything super insightful to say that already hasn't been said however for some weird reason I find it funny that people use an acronym for Game Over Rape (G.O.R.).
I try to use acronyms to streamline my sentences. G.O.R. is usually just GOR or if I'm lazy gor, what I find funny is how close it is to the word gore which in most circumstances isn't what GOR scenes are.
R.O.R. is just roar which isn't nearly as fun.

I think it can sometimes ruin the game's progression and lower the player's motivation to win if there are better rewards for losing.
I can see the game progression as an issue, you can never get too comfortable or in a rhythm, while you're constantly having to lose to get your beat on. (Or flick for the ladies.)

My game's basic premise is "win to rape" (although you can play it start to end without any sexual violence and go for a full romantic flow). Rape is a fantasy like any other, it's the ultimate dominance essentially, but some people feel personally offended by it, as if the game promotes violence and such. I believe most people will just pass a game containing a fetish they dislike but a few probably feel vindictive and want to hurt the developer by rating him low.

I believe this is also the case with other controversial content like NTR or gay. Most people are mature about stuff they don't like but some people are... not.
I think you hit the nail on the head, but I'll go one step further, it's really hard to avoid rape in general in this adult gaming space. So for some of these people, they are having hell avoiding it and it gets on their nerves.

Reactions: Doorknob22
Mar 28, 2017
As Doorknob said, some people do get offended by rape as a kink. I'm not going to go into a whole tangent about what kinks are acceptable or not since that is a matter of personal preference.

BDSM is my main fetish, and a lot of the time, that goes hand in hand with the rape tag on here. I like G.O.R. that specifically targets BDSM, but otherwise, it's not that hot to me.

But when it does, it makes that game memorable in my mind.