Mod Ren'Py Abandoned A Family Venture Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

v1per_x

Aug 5, 2017
I've also got the same problem with preferences. Hopefully fixed asap, thanks for your work, Shaddy.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Promise, not piling on but I got the same thing, a crash when opening preferences. Just did a fresh install without the mod and preferences open fine. This is the game version(downloaded from the F95 page)...

View attachment 1316486

Then install mod, try preferences, get this screen...

View attachment 1316497

Here is the traceback file...

View attachment 1316498
Same with me too, and even tried downloading from a few different links on F95 Zone last night, same thing.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Ok. I redownloaded the game. Ignored the bugfix patch since it's supposedly built-in, and rebuilt that portion of the mod. everything is working for me, but you guys need to re-download the mod and try again please.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
ShaddyModda

The Multi Mod (fix2) isn't throwing error screens anymore, but my original problem still exists. At the very start of the game, as soon as it enters the Sandbox mode, if I make any changes using the mod and then save and then load that same save, the changes that I just made are gone. I made a video demonstrating the problem. Do I need to advance further into the game before the changes made with the mod are actually saved? If so, how much further do I need to progress into the game?
Did you at least advance to a different scene or line of dialogue before saving? This is a common occurrence in renpy when changing variables even if done through console without advancing at least one scene or line.

Also, as I've said before. I don't add the cheat portion. They are already built into the game. Check my mods features on my main page.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know why you would ask "did you do this?" or "did you do that?" when I made a video that showed EXACTLY what I did and did not do. But sure, I went ahead and did as you said and progressed into the game a little more. I walked into Lauren's room while she was sleeping. I walked into the kitchen while Jacky was sleeping. I then went to the Warehouse and made deliveries for Bobby. And then I changed Jacky's name in the mod menu. I saved, and then I reloaded the save. Her name was Jacky again. I don't know how much further into the game that I need to get before the changes actually save. I thought that maybe YOU would know. But you know what? I don't care anymore. Thanks anyway.
I understand it may be frustrating, but from your brief description, there was no cause for me to watch the video. I will repeat. Those are not features of my mod. I have also never had cause to use them. I merely offered what is most likely the issue. if my suggestion did not work then I suggest you post your issue on the game's OP, as that 'cheat' mod comes packaged with the game.

Caryland

May 23, 2020
Ok. I redownloaded the game. Ignored the bugfix patch since it's supposedly built-in, and rebuilt that portion of the mod. everything is working for me, but you guys need to re-download the mod and try again please.
Yup! Works like a charm now! Thanks so much for the hard work!

Reactions: ShaddyGames

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
There we go, got it working great now. Thank you so much for this!!!

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Awesome job ShaddyModda. Thanks again for the quick fix.. (y) Love your mods man...

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
thank you for the fix and your hardwork

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
ShaddyModda not sure if this is a bug in the original code or something in the modded code. Could you check it to see. If it isn't the mod, then will report it in main thread. It happens when you get a choice to save Lauren from being spanked by Mandy under direction of Agent Diaz. You get the error, instead of the menu and ignore defaults to you not paying.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
ShaddyModda not sure if this is a bug in the original code or something in the modded code. Could you check it to see. If it isn't the mod, then will report it in main thread. It happens when you get a choice to save Lauren from being spanked by Mandy under direction of Agent Diaz. You get the error, instead of the menu and ignore defaults to you not paying.
One of my old tags that I forgot to update. It's Fixed now, but you'll have to re-download the mod. Actually found another one while fixing this. Hopefully I got them all this time. LOL

Reactions: bamachine

Ekr1

Jul 10, 2018
One of my old tags that I forgot to update. It's Fixed now, but you'll have to re-download the mod. Actually found another one while fixing this. Hopefully I got them all this time. LOL
Found another one in the fixed3 version after "What do you say?" in UpdateScript0.06.rpy: [BO]
Just removing the tag fixed it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote