Mark_0815

Jun 16, 2019
I don't know why but the game hangs after christmas event at the early sunday morning. Have anybody tip for this problem?

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
When I try to start the Xmax event through the Gallery I get this error?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
OK, here's a little patch to fix it so the Xmas event will play back in the gallery.
  • Download file.
  • Rename it as "scripts.rpa.
  • Place it in the folder named "game".
  • When prompted to replace file, choose to replace.
Note: This patch also fixes a naming error in the tutorial for anyone who changes the MC's name.

Last edited:

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I don't know why but the game hangs after christmas event at the early sunday morning. Have anybody tip for this problem?
Can you be more specific, is it just lagging? Do you get an error message?

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I like / dislike this so much.
I like the daughters, especially the older one and love the fbi/ youngerst one stuff.
but oh my word the mom is fugly and ruins it for me.

But I'll keep trying.

Where does the beast tag come in?

Reactions: JTsmoothhands

Klain50

May 27, 2017
It's a parody of Charles Dickens Christmas Carol, so whether the event actually happened, or if it was a dream, is up for your own interpretation. The choices you make in the event, only have consequences in the event. You will not carry over any stats or consequences into the main game. That being said the event is completely skip-able and optional. I've gotten really good reviews from it, with the exception of people who absolutely hate it :) The people who hate it, are people who hate pregnancy content, and those who hate NTR, but for some reason choose the clearly marked NTR options, and then are stunned and disgusted that they had to see the completely skip-able NTR content.
I'm not saying that the whole NTR genre is bad . It's definitely something spicy as a fantasy but when it happens to someone in reality I think that's when they realize how impactful it is . That's where all the hatred towards the NTR genre comes from . Regardless this is just a fantasy so people shouldn't mix it with reality .if you hate it just ignore it or avoid it . Wasting time complaining rarely goes anywhere. It's (NTR genre) not gonna go extinct from the world anytime soon so

Reactions: LostOne84

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I like the daughters, especially the older one and love the fbi/ youngerst one stuff.
id agree that the mom is the worst of the family, but ive had a hard time finding characters as hot as the 2 sisters in this.
Jacky is an interesting character. She's only the second character I ever created in Daz, so I think my lack of experience at the time shows in her features. But there are some poses and facial expressions where I think she's really pretty, but then there are other positions and facial expressions that I probably should have thrown out, but didn't want to take the time to try and render the scene again. I tried to make her with signs of age, gave her a mommy bob hairdo, to make it believable that she could be the mom of three adults. Now that I've upgraded my hardware, and I can render those scenes much faster, I think I will start replacing some of those images where I think she doesn't look as flattering. It sure as shit is too late to replace her.
In my opinion, it really shouldn't have that tag. There is no actual bestiality in the game, the MC just photoshops the girls into some cosplay scenarios with a dragon and some wolves.

May 26, 2018
Man I hate when Devs stall out content/updates with fantasies/parties/events/dream sequences...just continue with the story jesus.
That is why I gave up on this game. It actually started out great as far as I saw, then update after update the story barely progresses. Now we are at .4f and nothing in the main game has gone anywhere. Nothing with the sisters or the mother, nothing with the ain't or neice, no progression with the lewd actions. What a waste. I started out really liking this game, now it is so f****ing boring that it's no longer worth even downloading. Sorry, but there are better games, with extensive new material in the updates, done by new developers, that are more worth my time. Games that might take 1 to 3 months between updates, but do not leave the game player hanging for 6 freaking updates.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
That is why I gave up on this game. It actually started out great as far as I saw, then update after update the story barely progresses. Now we are at .4f and nothing in the main game has gone anywhere. Nothing with the sisters or the mother, nothing with the ain't or neice, no progression with the lewd actions. What a waste. I started out really liking this game, now it is so f****ing boring that it's no longer worth even downloading. Sorry, but there are better games, with extensive new material in the updates, done by new developers, that are more worth my time. Games that might take 1 to 3 months between updates, but do not leave the game player hanging for 6 freaking updates.
I can understand your frustration, but try to look at this game from a developers perspective.

You pointed out that there has been 6 updates to the game, but in reality, there has only been 3 that actually introduced new content. (not including bug fixed versions and the Xmas event) I know that time between updates is frustratingly slow, but that's what happens when a game developer has to work a full time job, and can only develop the game in his free time. This frustrates me a ton as well. I wish I could push out my work at a much faster pace.

If I were creating a visual novel, the story could move along much quicker, but I wanted to create a game where you have freedom of movement, choices, discovery, bla bla bla.... all the other stuff you get in a point and click sandbox type game. And as such, I need to fill my virtual world with things to do.

One of the main parts of the story is the corruption and conquering of the female characters. I have to create events that simulate to a degree this process for every single one of the characters individually, while at the same time, filling the dead days and times of each week, so that you're not just grinding through from day to day looking for each event chain to follow in a linear manner. The goal is to be able to corrupt those characters simultaneously. This is where you have to be patient, since at this point, I've only barely introduced some of the characters into the game in the last two updates.

Once the ground work is laid, each character has their own weekly activities, events for corruption, and the typical week has been populated by events to keep the player from having to skip through days upon days to find content. Then the story will be able to move forward at a much quicker pace, and we're getting pretty close to that point.

Here are just a few things we've accomplished in the 3 updates. The MC has been able to create his own way to provide for his family, giving him leverage through money and placing himself in the position of provider and benefactor for the female characters of the game, making them dependent on him for their livelihood. We've developed two sources of conflict; the Mafia and the FBI. We have paths of corruption established for each main female character besides the cousin. We've introduced events that have taken the MC to different locations in the virtual world, and yes, we've even developed a Christmas event.

I know the X-mas event does little to move the story forward, but I really liked the story I came up with, and I had a lot of fun rendering the images and writing the story and script. It was also a way for me to get some more explicit content into the game without having to wait for the frustratingly slow progression of the main story, due to my own constraints on my time, my hardware, and the time it is taking me to teach myself how to develop a game.

If you are into a more fast moving Visual novel type game, you might actually enjoy the Xmas event more than the main game, as this event has more of a VN feel to it that can move you quickly through time from the past, to the present, to the future.

All of that being said, I know that all of us have different tastes, and enjoy different types of games. So my goal of creating a game that I would enjoy and want to play is still front and center as I develop A Family Venture. In the process, I hope I'm creating something that others will enjoy and want to play as well.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Be free, wily! Free to crunch on all them bums you wish to taste the denim of!
Sniff all the lady insense of their gorgeous bodies once you release 'em from your furnaces!
Sure thing Heaphaestus must have sampled his dames too.
Pretty sure even Prometheus sampled 'em plenty!

Rhazes

Dec 29, 2019

But I'll keep trying.

I also like the older daughter. She is better looking and she also had the better storyline, just like Caroline in Milfy City and Bella in Sister Lust and the older sister in Echoes of Lust. Most of the time the moms are fugly and I avoid sex with them. Sisterly love Mom, Milfy City Mom, Echoes of Lust Mom, all are good looking so I played and enjoyed their content. I even tried the tranny route in WVM for science of course and still skipped the mother again on my second playthrough. I don't care how much the writer tries to make me feel bad and please her with my dick you can give me the greatest cuckqueen as a girlfriend ever and I'm still skipping the dogs she wants me to please.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes