EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I am in the same boat as you. Stuck on event 43 with not-so-helpful hints like "If I don't help Lauren I may not like the consequences." But I am funding her, bribing Diaz, and buying posters every week ... so I don't know WTF is expected.
The hints are wack this time, several one is missing. You need to see the convo where Mandy will be at your school, one of the evenings at home in the living room in order to be able to talk with Megan, then another evening at home in the living room where Jackie calls Lauren out on the posters. You also need to meet up with that Will dude, talk about him with the school clothes change, that happens at one of the campaign HQ convos, I agreed to him meeting with Jackie in exchange for the help, then at an early morning breakfast scene at home, I told Jackie about it, then a day later he sent me a mail saying he managed to do the rule change.

You need everything in order for Lauren to win, which is a rather bad design imo, but at least at Friday it will tell you if you had done it all. I did everything but the dress code change, and because of that it was like I didn't do anything, Lauren lost 30 to 70, so I had to rollback, which was utterly stupid, because the game didn't kept track of the events completed so far, and the events for one side or another are basically the same without interchangeability.

Reactions: jonk999 and xapican

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The hints are wack this time, several one is missing. You need to see the convo where Mandy will be at your school, one of the evenings at home in the living room in order to be able to talk with Megan, then another evening at home in the living room where Jackie calls Lauren out on the posters. You also need to meet up with that Will dude, talk about him with the school clothes change, that happens at one of the campaign HQ convos, I agreed to him meeting with Jackie in exchange for the help, then at an early morning breakfast scene at home, I told Jackie about it, then a day later he sent me a mail saying he managed to do the rule change.

You need everything in order for Lauren to win, which is a rather bad design imo, but at least at Friday it will tell you if you had done it all. I did everything but the dress code change, and because of that it was like I didn't do anything, Lauren lost 30 to 70, so I had to rollback, which was utterly stupid, because the game didn't kept track of the events completed so far, and the events for one side or another are basically the same without interchangeability.
Too many frickin details that are NOT in the "walkthrough" if you will. The "hint" system (on the phone) is SERIOUSLY lacking.

Reactions: EZ8lt

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Too many frickin details that are NOT in the "walkthrough" if you will. The "hint" system (on the phone) is SERIOUSLY lacking.
Please don’t forget this is the alpha test version. Bugs and flaws should be expected. It was never meant to be leaked here on F95, though we’ve gained a lot of good info from the leak.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
having major issues with the addon files for this, the drm crack and the ipatch are both causing duplicate file errors. anyone got suggestions for a renpy noob?
i've had that problem with other games, it turned out it was the unren console script that was causing it, they have some hardcore no console shit in the code, why i dunno. some ppl are weird about cheating in games.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
eh?? the only one of the family i can bang is sidney, lauren just grinds and gives head.
Well this is the Lauren update, you can bang her but for that you need to trigger the elections at school, check the phone for hints i think you have to attend classes on monday mornings to trigger the events

thunda69

Aug 12, 2018
I'm stuck with the Perry Hotter photoshooting.
I've read the books and "Mom" still asks the same question and hangs the phone up.
Any clues?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm stuck with the Perry Hotter photoshooting.
I've read the books and "Mom" still asks the same question and hangs the phone up.
Any clues?
If you've cheated the books in then you've basically screwed your save. The only work around is to remove a line of code from UpdateScript0.06.rpy.

Unren the game and open \AFamilyVenture-0.07a_supporter-pc\game\UpdateScript0.06.rpy and remove the following.
if not inventory.has_item(ph_book1):
R "Hey, Mom... I'm at the warehouse..."
M "{i}(muffled voice){/i} And?"
R "And... I'm ready to do the photoshoot."
M "Ok... Have you read any of the books yet?"
R "Of course."
M "Alright... What's the name of the headmaster at hagwarts?"
R "Ummm... Merlin?"
M "[ryan]... Have you even bought the book?"
R "Ummm... No..."
M "Uuuhhhh... Call me another time after you've read the first book."
"{i}\"CLICK\"{/i}"
RT "{i}Damnit!... I've got to get that stupid book! Hopefully I can find it in the online store.{/i}"
scene bg SleepBlack
with fade
jump photostudio

biches06

Feb 10, 2020
I can't seem to trigger event 31, i keep going to classes monday morning but nothing happens? anybody know what i can do?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I can't seem to trigger event 31, i keep going to classes monday morning but nothing happens? anybody know what i can do?
There are some events you'll need to finish first. Make sure Ryan and Sidney have had sex and also make sure you have done all the peaking events on the girls when they are masterbaiting in their rooms/bathroom (this is a bug in the alpha requiring them).

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Please don’t forget this is the alpha test version. Bugs and flaws should be expected. It was never meant to be leaked here on F95, though we’ve gained a lot of good info from the leak.
I skimmed through the last several pages since .07a was uploaded here, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Looks like the bug hunt is going well, then? I'm looking forward to being able to play the official release.

Reactions: strenif

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I think the story would be better if the mom hadn't been a stripper previously. And then the mafia forced her to do it. Then it would be more exciting seeing her being corrupted at the strip club.

But instead it is like oh she was a stripper before so this isn't really that big a deal and leaves the strip club opening somewhat meh in excitement. Though she does look hot.

biches06

Feb 10, 2020
There are some events you'll need to finish first. Make sure Ryan and Sidney have had sex and also make sure you have done all the peaking events on the girls when they are masterbaiting in their rooms/bathroom (this is a bug in the alpha requiring them).
I have done all of that and still nothing, all the events that i have left are depending on me finishing event 31

Last edited:

Martin87

Jul 19, 2017
I am in the same boat as you. Stuck on event 43 with not-so-helpful hints like "If I don't help Lauren I may not like the consequences." But I am funding her, bribing Diaz, and buying posters every week ... so I don't know WTF is expected.
I have complete all but Lauren lose...:( any help?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
i've had that problem with other games, it turned out it was the unren console script that was causing it, they have some hardcore no console shit in the code, why i dunno. some ppl are weird about cheating in games.
Unren console does no such thing. There are, in fact, duplicated labels across the files, when there should be a redirect of some sort from the default label. I had to manual reconcile a bunch of things when I played .06. I don't remember exactly what I changed but it was a lot. Sometimes leaving files unextracted prevents duplicate label reads if you have multiple RPAs with some sort of version patching, but I don't know enough about that to say anything about how it works. But if you have duplicate labels in extracted .rpys, you have to change/reconcile them or you will have issues.

EDIT: To provide an example of what I'm talking about, this is a redirect from "The Web We Weave":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That redirects the labels from the unpatched game to the patched versions of the labels. There are other methods like single line redirects, or the one this game uses with persistent variables and string variables for different versions of certain lines. The issue crops up in the patches where there are just labels that use the exact same name as the label in the default game files.

EDIT 2: I've had no issues with the console in this game, nor did I see any of the shenanigans some devs like to pull if you activate developer mode or the console. IDK what issues that person could have besides maybe some leftover patch files from a previous version of the game if they didn't just extract to a new folder and move their saves from the old one and instead did an overwrite (never recommended unless there's a foolproof update patch) in the old folder.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes