Smilingjack4

Feb 26, 2019
I do have to say by trying to force monetization via censorship all you're doing is driving future supporters into the arms of modders.

Even Blizzard burned through all good faith through awful monetizations like this. Not only is it kinda censored, but is this the censored animation you're ruining with that awful overlay, or is just the overlay the full extent of censorship?

Anyway, this is an awful idea. This is the marketing equivalent of wanting to be tumblr-famous by spamming gamerwords.
Saddest thing is, you really have no need to resort to this, your stuff is good enough on it's own to merit support.

Nov 7, 2020
... and yet another game whose developer thinks that blocking content (demolish view by overlay a stupid text) and trying to force people to patreon might be a good way to get more support.....

.... When do people learn that FIRST they have to deliver, and THEN people might support and donate.

SADLY - REALLY sadly ... this was about to maybe turn into a gem which could be worth to support, instead of NOW being put on ignore for being greedy and forceful - sorry
Woops

/ /

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Whoah, I played this starting at Chapter 5 ( which was a full version I think? ) Holy shit it was surprisingly good! I thought it was way more interesting then the previews let on and was really curious about the developments going forward.. then chapter 6 is just a "smallish update" and this censor-shit is introduced.. What a let down..

Reactions: motseer

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Umm...I only played a little bit of "The Joob Joob" and i didnt try the others cuz i couldn't get into the theme so someone correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember the dev doing this censored bullshit for his other games so why is it here now? To burn through the good faith he's built up? You can't be this shortsighted. You think pissed off players are going to support you? They are gonna do the exact opposite. Nice Job.
I was really enjoying the game too because It's different from the others and now this happens. Well you can guess what isn't going to happen now.

P.S....Francine's reaction was adorable.
....damn it.

Edit: seems like this is what he does. it still sucks though.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Umm...I only played a little bit of "The Joob Joob" and i didnt try the others cuz i couldn't get into the theme so someone correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember the dev doing this censored bullshit for his other games so why is it here now? To burn through the good faith he's built up? You can't be this shortsighted. You think pissed off players are going to support you? They are gonna do the exact opposite. Nice Job.
I was really enjoying the game too because It's different from the others and now this happens. Well you can guess what isn't going to happen now.

P.S....Francine's reaction was adorable.
....damn it.
Yes he used a similar technique in Joob Joob.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Well it still sucks. but i guess if he did it before he's just following old routes.
exactly - and these "old routes" didn't get him more supporters .... no wonder why!
Instead of delivering high quality and content which might lead to people really getting into his game and starting to donate eventually, it happens the exact opposite: people are getting pissed and stop playing at all.
I just don't get HOW a developer could think that this will lead to more people supporting - people who are pissed don't support at all - that's for sure.

EDIT:
Just for reminder (Pixieblink ) all top developers (like MrDots, DrPink, ICCreation, Ptolemy and all the others) don't even care about censoring and/or leaked content UNCENSORED over here. More the opposite - they learned that best advertisement is good content and not forcing people to pay (showed they pay even more unsolicited if they don't need to pay at all, just because they love what they get.

Last edited:

Smilingjack4

Feb 26, 2019
Just for reminder (Pixieblink ) all top developers (like MrDots, DrPink, ICCreation, Ptolemy and all the others) don't even care about censoring and/or leaked content UNCENSORED over here. More the opposite - they learned that best advertisement is good content and not forcing people to pay (showed they pay even more unsolicited if they don't need to pay at all, just because they love what they get.
The best incentive for garnering support is insinuating or promising if you can do that, to get more/faster content the more support you have.
Even if you have other real-life obligations you must attend to, the more something is a good investment, the more priority it gains.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
*** UPDATED POST: 2024-APR-10 ***

Traducción al español - Chapter_28

Como siempre, hay que descargar e instalar el juego original, y luego descargar y extraer la carpeta "game" del parche y pegarla dentro de la carpeta donde hayáis instalado el juego, reemplazando todo si os pregunta. Debería arrancar ya en español. En el menú Preferencias aparecerá una opción de cambio de idioma.

---
Spanish translation - Chapter_28

As always, you have to download and install the original game, then download and extract the "game" folder from the patch and copypaste it into the same folder you've installed the game, replacing all when asked. The game then will always be launched in Spanish. A switch language option will appear in the Preferences menu.

Last edited:

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
It's kinda sad that a Dev who puts out content practically every month.. who stays engaged and friendly with practically everybody.. who gives truthful and reasonable responses.. who has acted on advice and suggestions in the past.. Gets vilified and put in the same category as someone like SilkandMilkProductions who has no clue how to interact with people.. and threatens to abandon the game if his high expectations of support on Patreon are not met.

Pixieblink has always been aboveboard and honest.. and CONSISTENT in everything he has done..

Sometimes a Dev deserves the harsh shots that they receive... just, in my opinion, not this time.

I'm not going to hijack his thread and continue to respond to each individual who doesn't agree with this one aspect of how he does business.. it's not like it's something he just started recently.. Instead I would just like to show him a small bit of support for literally years of monthly updates and the great time I've had playing his (4) games.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
It's kinda sad that a Dev who puts out content practically every month.. who stays engaged and friendly with practically everybody.. who gives truthful and reasonable responses.. who has acted on advice and suggestions in the past.. Gets vilified and put in the same category as someone like SilkandMilkProductions who has no clue how to interact with people.. and threatens to abandon the game if his high expectations of support on Patreon are not met.

Pixieblink has always been aboveboard and honest.. and CONSISTANT in everything he has done..

Sometimes a Dev deserves the harsh shots that they receive... just, in my opinion, not this time.

I'm not going to hijack his thread and continue to respond to each individual who doesn't agree with this one aspect of how he does business.. it's not like it's something he just started recently.. Instead I would just like to show him a small bit of support for literally years of monthly updates and the great time I've had playing his (4) games.

Keep up the great work!
Look man, I give credit where credit is due. The story, atmosphere, music, sound effects...it's all top notch. I genuinely loved the game.
That doesn't mean I am going to make excuses when I see bullshit. This might be the way he has always operated but that doesn't make it a good thing. Running right into a censored wall with a fucking "SUPPORT ME" banner is a right kick in the teeth that took me right out of the game. It ruined everything about the prior build up to the scenes and left me with a soured experience. That is definitely not what you want someone who is playing your game for the first time to feel.

So now both my opinion and willingness to support the dev is a lot less than it was before.
Great marketing strategy.
But I mean, if he has people like who support these practices I wonder why he's asking for more support. Things aren't really adding up are they now?

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Look man, I give credit where credit is due. The story, atmosphere, music, sound effects...it's all top notch. I genuinely loved the game.
That doesn't mean I am going to make excuses when I see bullshit. This might be the way he has always operated but that doesn't make it a good thing. Running right into a censored wall with a fucking "SUPPORT ME" banner is a right kick in the teeth that took me right out of the game. It ruined everything about the prior build up to the scenes and left me with a soured experience. That is definitely not what you want someone who is playing your game for the first time to feel.

So now both my opinion and willingness to support the dev is a lot less than it was before.
But I mean, if he has people like who support these practices I wonder why he's asking for more support. Things aren't really adding up are they now?

Quick off the cuff thought.. Rome wasn't built in a day. A back and forth dialog.. like we're having now is a much better way to perhaps get the results you are looking for. I've chatted with Pixieblink about differences in opinion.. MORE than once or twice.. and he has changed his mind. What I'm saying is he actually is open minded about what he does. Maybe he won't change on this today.. but I do understand your point.. and now so does he.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Quick off the cuff thought.. Rome wasn't built in a day. A back and forth dialog.. like we're having now is a much better way to perhaps get the results you are looking for. I've chatted with Pixieblink about differences in opinion.. MORE than once or twice.. and he has changed his mind. What I'm saying is he actually is open minded about what he does. Maybe he won't change on this today.. but I do understand your point.. and now so does he.
Good. Can we now talk about how hot the girl in the coffee bar is? JMO

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
I couldn't be the Priest in this game anymore.. Not since the Reveal spell made it's appearance in a new way in this update. Yeah if I were the priest my ring would be stone cold all of the time due to that spells frequent use.. I'd be in the confessional.. talking to myself. 'Father I have sinned.. but damn did you see the bazooka's on that girl?' 'Say three hail Mary's and then go see what's shaking down at the library'

• Haha
Reactions: Rroarr and cxx

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018

EXACTLY this.

I couldn't have found any better words to describe, and this is exactly what I thought/experienced too.
Such paywalls NEVER lead to more patreons, they even may scare away potential new ones.

This is even more a shame, as this game really has everything to be on top and make people support the game later on.

The argument "this dev isn't new in business" is even worse, as he then should know that paywalls never were a good thing.
(aside the fact that his previous games "professor..." weren't even close to be worthy to support if you aren't into that weird kind of humor - which i am not for example).

4.20 star(s) 55 Votes