4.40 star(s) 53 Votes

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Development Update 36

1717864180427.png

But I'm also so fucking happy. Earlier today I finished the last scene and I'm now waiting for my computer to give me the images. Then it's only image editing, some coding, translations, music, and beta testing. It's still going to be a while until Episode 5 will come out, but it feels awsome to have the long and hard part behind me. (Btw, Sue is also happy to have a long and hard thing behind her but that's besides the point)

The sentiment expressed in the first sentence of this post can probably be explained by my coffe intake. I'm weak to coffein. Also, I thought the clip is hilarious and I wanted to share it.

So...

What would you say is the most college girl thing you can imagine? For me it is to frame pictures that are literally just one color and hang them in your room. Modern and stylish. It sure beats anything I'm decorating my room with. All I have are three miniature thingies that look like roman sculpture heads. Do with that information what you will :D

But hey, the one color images are a neat little detail underlining Mia's character (I'm not lazy, you are). As a reminder, Mia is Lucy's (the blind girl) twin sister. Obviousely she is going to collage.

^^ Even though I'm talking about her, she is merely a side character to both the story, but also the next update. I had a tough choice to make. Do I give you a cool image that spoils some element of the next update?

Nah...

Mia it is. I even have the cool color image thing to talk about. Yep. That's pretty much what went through my head when choosing this image.

Honestly, I tend to have short dev updates, especially when the last one was only six days ago (of which I could only work three). This time I have an excuse not to streach this too much, though. With a brain overdosing on coffein, I'm afraid I could write and write, and in the end not say anything. I don't want to bore you.

Keep your eyes open for future updates.

Until then, Enjoy!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
nice, didn't even realize the new update is out, must play asap.
Edit: It was a nice update, felt longer actually than 300 renders, but again there is a lot of text to read, which I don't mind. The threesome was nice too :love:

Last edited:

Corbin <3

Dec 14, 2023
wanted to see if this was worth the purchase came here because steam reviews were garbage for this one.

Jan 13, 2024
wanted to see if this was worth the purchase came here because steam reviews were garbage for this one.
The story is very good, I do like it a lot, it is however not finished, and it's not a fast, lets fuck everyone game. But a slow build up, where you get to know every girl. (I so hate games where you fuck everyone and in the end don't even know who is who anymore, I would mention another game here, but then this gets deleted again, so just imagine the other harem games on this site, that don't have nice build like this story).

I do hope it's not abandoned like many other good stories have been. So if you have the money support dev, I would say.

Vinccool96

Apr 28, 2018
Why do you want or create a new thread for that? Just curious.
Those threads are made to tell people who have the update to please upload it to f95. Why might have seen that almost all the comments are only "+1". That's because the comments aren't important, only the number of comments. That's to tell how many people are interested in having the update.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1719945255061.png

It's been a hassle to get the image accompanying this post to work. I'm not at home where all my usual files are. All I have is a portable hard drive with the latest version of A Foreign World. It's called A Foreign World - Ep5 - v0.10.2 btw. I hope you don't mind some light teasing :D

Anyway, I compress my images to a format that patreon can't work with (.webp). I also hide my files/images but I didn't do that for this version. Long story short, i needed to reformat the images before I could upload it here. There is probably some quality loss, but not enough to fuss about. Hopefully you appreciate a nice picture of Amber. Thre will be a few more in the next update.

I think this is as good a time as any to reveal the challenge. There were two good submissions. One got it right. The ass belongs to Sue. Tracy is also in that scene, but not in the image. i'm not sure there has been a good ass shot of Tracy yet. Maybe it's time.

There will probably more Guess That Ass challenges. I think they can be fun.

But how about we talk about what you are probably all waiting for. The next update. I will do something I've never done. I'll give you the date when it's being released. Unbelievable, right?

Yes, I also think that it's unbelievable that I've never announced my updates :D Maybe I'm evalving as a developer?

A Foreign World Episode 5 wil be released this Satureday (29.06.2024, TT.MM.JJJJ)

I still need to do some minor adjustments, but it's mostly finished.

Also, if someone hasn't bought A Foreign World on Steam yet, but is planing to do so. The game will participate in Steam's summer sale. It is a good opportunity to buy. A Foreign World won't get this cheap for a while.

Have fun waiting. Sorry for the suspense. As I said, satureday this week.

Until then, Enjoy!

Jan 13, 2024
Strange patreon, the 1 dollar is sold out. He has only 72 patreons, if 1$ was not sold out he probably had more.

Then the 5$ seems to have the most features, and the 25$ doesn't seem to have anything extra.

He probably just wanted more money...

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Bohler
The 1 dollar Tier has been remved over a year ago. The limit is set to 0 people, but I can't remove those that are still subscribed to it. The one's that are still in it have been supporting me for a long time.

The 25$ Tier exists, because of a request from a fan. He wanted to pledge more than 5$. I think I also communicate that there are no more benefits for the 25$ Tier than the 5$ Tier has.

My Pateon isn't very elaborate. You can get access to the current version of my games by subscribing to the 5$ Tier, and as a bonus if you decide to keep supporting you'll get the dev updates one week earlier.

Jan 13, 2024
Bohler
The 1 dollar Tier has been remved over a year ago. The limit is set to 0 people, but I can't remove those that are still subscribed to it. The one's that are still in it have been supporting me for a long time.

The 25$ Tier exists, because of a request from a fan. He wanted to pledge more than 5$. I think I also communicate that there are no more benefits for the 25$ Tier than the 5$ Tier has.

My Pateon isn't very elaborate. You can get access to the current version of my games by subscribing to the 5$ Tier, and as a bonus if you decide to keep supporting you'll get the dev updates one week earlier.
That explains. Lets hope the number of supporters increase, the game story is interesting enough...

PPeters98

Jul 7, 2024
Haha I like your complain about the H, first time I ever accounted a problem was a game that wouldn't continue until I pressed H again. Took a while until I found that out.

The better solution would be H to hide the text, and any other button would first show the text again and than continue.

I thought that was a RPGM game, that's why I had the problem in the first place, most REN'PY's I know just do as I wrote above.

PPeters98

Jul 7, 2024
I wonder, no hero's yet? I mean the game is good enough, not enough patreons maybe? I mean some games get leaked on the first or second day of release, and they don't even have that much more patreons.

Lets hope this game gets more patreons, I love to see it get finished one day...

Reactions: Lliw21

Blubbel3492

Oct 28, 2021

A Foreign World - Episode 5
29. Juni
What a hassel...

For some people the feature to hide your in-game-interface using the 'H' Button, or the middle of your mousewheel caused problems. I tried to give these people a helping hand. At the start of every playthrough, I unhide the in-game-interface. If anybody accidentally hides the in-game-interface, it will be fixed once he starts another playthrough.
In the Pilot Episode MC is paving his driveway. He was using a carpenter hammer, instead of a rubber hammer. People have pointed out that this doen't make much sense, so I changed those images.
There was an image that showed Monique at the house, even though she wasn't at the house at the time. I removed it from the game.
The conversation at the hospital directly after MC first met Tracy and the others has been changed slightly.

I'm probably forgetting about something, but these are all the small things that changed with Episode 5. Let's get to the main topic. The new update has 318 renders. There are 16 animations, and in total it should be around 17.300 words long. This doesn't include the memory screen.
From now on, I will use a different way to convey to you how many words an update adds/ how many words are currently in the story. This could mix up some of the numbers. My prior way of doing this was faulty. From now on, it will be more accurate.
Using this new method, A Foreign World is currently 114,527 words long. The old way undercounted the actual number by 3.200 words. Those words haven't been added with Episode 5, they were just not counted before.

A Foreign World - Episode 5
Changelog:
+ 17,300 words of story
+ 318 renders
+ 16 animations
+ 0:45 hours of playtime
Total:
- 114,500 words of story
- 2,552 renders
- 66 animations
- 8:15 hours of playtime

Pc: