VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Tora-uma

Oct 27, 2020
With all due respect, I don't think you have understood the game, like at all. First, the MC is some kind of legendary but already retired secret agent. Random active agents are not supposed to know his actual identity. So when he finds himself caught in this whole incident and there's already an agent working on the case who is only receptive to his official orders, the 'manly' thing to do is not to beat the shit out of that agent or to tell him who the MC is, but to covertly talk with the person who can actually let him work on the case too -who happens to be his former girlfriend's dad- and bypass that agent without confronting him. Not sure how you expect an expert secret agent would act in that situation, but what you seem to mean by 'being more manly' is probably not the way to go.

Then, it's obvious that this man still loves that woman, so it's only natural he rejects these girls who, by the way, are clearly influenced by their native world habits -when they throw themselves at him it's not because they actually want him, but because they've been raised that way. He's trying to calm them down, make them trust him, and also help them to adjust to this new world, and you just can't do that by making them your personal sluts from day one, because it would surely backfire on the near future. Again, it's not about being pussy or passive, but about being a smart and experienced agent, on top of a good man with a broken heart. His goal is not to bang them, but to protect them and the whole of mankind, too. The banging will happen, most likely, but it has to be slowly built on mutual trust and some actual care about everyone's feelings, not by taking advantage of this group of powerful refugees. That's the way he will impress them.

Now, of course, if you just disregard all of this characterization and plot and can only see a man living in a house with 9 hot aliens apparently willing to have sex with him, then sure, he's a pussy for not having had a massive orgy yet, or not even touched a boob after 2 days with them. But this is just not that kind of game.
Yep,agree, MC being so experienced about life and sh*t that he can Batman himself between the other agents AND the girls who he decided to help and protect (to not to mention gracefully leaving the poor Sue -and her EYES- utterly blue-ovaried) is part of what makes him so likeable and enjoyable to follow (y)

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Rintal I don‘t see it. Can you give me an example? I might need to rewrite some lines so the MC is more likable/less robotic.
If you can't see, then a couple of examples won't make much sense to you. Moreover, I have already deleted the game and will not be able to quote the remarks.
Well, take at least the MC's reaction to the fact that fireballs are being fired at him. Even if you are a super warrior with an IQ 250, at least you will doubt what you see and be surprised. Your alpha male showed no humanity at all. For some reason, he simply declared what he saw and went into danger. ... ?
In general, people do not think and talk like that. Throughout the game, the protagonist behaves not like a tempered veteran, but like a teenage poseur - wannabe an emotionless nihilist.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Not too far in as of yet, but I like the idea, and it better done than a lot of other games. The Dev threw a lot of balls in the air to juggle, let's see how it pans out.

A few thoughts, take them as you will: The dialogue between characters could be more casual. It's very mechanical for all. In my opinion, the MC is a tad too stiff, almost to the point of frustration. I get what you're trying, but maybe tone it down a bit.
Again, my personal opinions.

I still like the game, and I like that the scenes take time to develop, instead of quick fast-paced scenes meaning nothing. Keep going. GL.

Last edited:

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I've played and enjoyed this game immensely, it has a great story and honestly, the characters feel fine to me, I think that moskyx got it on point with their explanation of the characters. It has been a while since I last played this game but I know that as a retired agent, he would have seen some stuff that would make most of us cower, so perhaps what we think he should react to, he's simply not phased by, when playing a game you have to see things from the MC's point of view and not your own ~and yes I know that most people will argue that a game is to be played from the players perspective, while this can be true to an extent if it was actually the norm no games would ever get mass produced because no two people share the exact same perspective~, I personally find that the MC is a good guy who was just caught up in a bad situation and is trying his best to come out the other side as unscathed as possible, I see no reason for the dialogue to change, but, if you do decide to make dialogue changes regarding the mc and his behaviour/actions, please do not make him into some aggresive buttknuckle who thinks that every woman is here to serve his whim, I and I'm sure many others like him as the passive (but aggressive when someone close to him is in danger) retired agent/hero that he currently is.

Keep going the way you want to HighbornTiger this game is great and the story is good, I won't say anything about the dialogue as I've pointed out above why I think the mc is the way he is. Either way excellent job and keep the good work going.

Jan 10, 2022
game looks pretty good so far except for the mc like some people always mentioned in some reviews and posts here. even if his intentions may be honorable he behaves pretty cold towards the girls. no one says he should be open for sex with them right from the start, but his behaviour for example in the pool scene was pretty dumb and not likeable at all.

he often sounds like a teenager instead of a man that has so much experience in his job and life. would be a shame if i have to stop this game just bc i don't like the mc and his exaggerated alpha behavior, bc the story idea, the girls and their personalities etc. are pretty good

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
i just found this game can anyone tell me is the harem forced or can you be with one LI.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
i just found this game can anyone tell me is the harem forced or can you be with one LI.

The dev's answer if harem can be avoided : (see page 1 post #19, something you could have found with search top right too)

The game is in early development, so you should take this with a grain of salt. At the very least, you won't be able to choose any one of the 13 LI's and enter a one-on-one relationship. There might still be one or two paths through the story where you, as the MC, don't form a harem, but that's not the game's focus.
Hope that answers your question. ;)

Nameless202

Mar 2, 2021
wait soo 2.5 alrdy out, when will it go public..??

i kinda forgot the time diff between the patre one and public one, is it 1 week or 1 month

• Thinking Face
Reactions: boobsrcool

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Nameless202 The game is on Steam which means I would go against my Terms of Service by doing public releases. Maybe the game will be leaked eventually, but in my experience that's unlikely.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: boobsrcool

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Nameless202 The game is on Steam which means I would go against my Terms of Service by doing public releases. Maybe the game will be leaked eventually, but in my experience that's unlikely.
You cant ever do a public release? or it has to be a certain number of versions older?

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
JB08 I don't plan on doing public releases anytime soon. To always be able to play the latest version of A Foreign World, you can either subscribe to my Patreon or buy the game on Steam/Itch. The latest version of the game will always be available on all three of those platforms.

I'm currently working on the second half of Episode 3, which should be available in a few weeks.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Since you're asking here and not on , or , I figure you've only played Episode 1.5.
By now, I'm already on Episode 2.5. You can get it on these other Platforms.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
JB08 I don't plan on doing public releases anytime soon. To always be able to play the latest version of A Foreign World, you can either subscribe to my Patreon or buy the game on Steam/Itch. The latest version of the game will always be available on all three of those platforms.

I'm currently working on the second half of Episode 3, which should be available in a few weeks.
Too bad then.

One to delete then.

Goodbye.

EDIT: I think I didn't make myself clear.
Your game was lovely. But, since it will not be updated again, I consider it abandoned for all intents and purposes. You may still be working on it, but, we will never see it, so, the end result is the same.

Good luck and I truly am sorry that I ever played your game. Why? Because the release here was just a marketing ploy.

another-one-bites.gif

Last edited:

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
[...] since it will not be updated again [...]
Well, there's currently an UPDATE REQUEST for Episode 2.5 of "A Foreign World" thankfully initiated by boobsrcool .

Don't forget that this is still a pirate forum after all, so maybe joining this request might increase chances *fingers crossed* ;),
regardless of any possible 'marketing ploy' or overly restrictive 'steam policies'!

We all can certainly delete this game & ignore this thread later on if this request is not going to be successful...
Would be a pity though.

Reactions: masterdc1976

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
Since you're asking here and not on , or , I figure you've only played Episode 1.5.
By now, I'm already on Episode 2.5. You can get it on these other Platforms.

I enjoyed it, especially the Cecilia scene. Wasn't expecting that.

Would you ever consider changing the billing system to the day the person subscribes on Patreon? I subscribed on the 27th but had to cancel because I didn't want to get charged again on the first.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes