• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
why let us fuck it up
I'm a professional. I can easily go either way, and you won't even notice that I didn't make the decision. If I didn't release this game to Steam in February, I would just let each player make the decision for themselves, but since I want to finish this story in a reasonable timeframe, I can't go overboard with big choices like that.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Early access. I‘m fast but I’m not ‚hey I created a masterpiece with 13 LIs in four months‘ fast.
10-12 episodes seems reasonable but don‘t quote me on that. I want to finish the story but the game needs to be at least somewhat of a success for me to spent that much time on it.

I think the lowest I could go would be five episodes and the highest I can go would be 20 for the preparation to fight Nathaniel and then there is room for potential sequels.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
^^ Those eyes?
Well, who really could/would/should resist those 'eyes' ?!? :sneaky:

Apropos 'eyes': thanks to the kind request of vogelbeest, I created the first "arrival" of fan sigs for "A Foreign World",
(not only but also for the eyes of all of you who like more eyes even beyond Sue's!):

Sue - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,82 MB

AFWsiG1.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/12/2291688_AFWsiG1.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Aurora - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,73 MB

AFWsiG2.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/12/2291689_AFWsiG2.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Tracy - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,75 MB

AFWsiG3.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/12/2291690_AFWsiG3.gif

Lucy - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,81 MB

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/01/2303579_AFWsiG4.gif

Amber - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,78 MB

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/01/2303580_AFWsiG5.gif

Sally - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,91 MB

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/01/2303581_AFWsiG6.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So y'all: don't even try to resist those 'eyes' at all & make use of them in your signature.
You'd support the further development of this nice game quite a bit as well! :cool:
Hope you'll ENJOY!​

And btw: a second "arrival" of even more fan sigs of another 3 girls is planned to happen soon...
(okay, maybe not exactly in the next 9 hours [*insider], but latest after the next update of "AFW")
So stay tuned if your favorite girl is not featured yet. ;)
___________________________________________________________________________________
HighbornTiger, thanks for your efforts & good luck with the further development! Cheers!

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
So y'all: don't even try to resist those 'eyes' at all & make use of them in your signature.
Thanks for the wicked awesomeness of these "A Foreign World"-eyes! Both to Highborntiger for the game itself and to Gorse for his work on these signatures! My favorite girl sig is in place already! ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gorse

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Btw, it just occurred to me to ask you, is it possible that even downloading the 1.51 version you posted on nov 25th I still get the error on that choice if I pick the Cecilia option?
It shouldn't. Do you still have a problem?

Also, I love the signatures. They are awesome.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gorse

Tora-uma

Oct 27, 2020
It shouldn't. Do you still have a problem?
I do actually, and I'm not much sure why :( I mean, the file in the link still says 1.5 but since I haven't seen anybody reporting this it might be something on my side... I attach you the log file below here, it's not a major problem huh, I can surely wait for v2.0 to be out and I'm confident it'd solve, but I was just puzzled :unsure::D

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'd3_bath_02c'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "e2.rpyc", line 731, in script
  File "C:\Users\ceriani\Desktop\AForeignWorld-Episode-1.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\ceriani\Desktop\AForeignWorld-Episode-1.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'd3_bath_02c'.

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
A Foreign World Episode-1.5
Wed Dec 28 16:11:38 2022

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
A Foreign World - Episode 1.51

These should work. If we pretend for a second that I can make mistakes, which I obviously can't. I'd say when I wanted to upload the new version, I accidentally uploaded the old one and pretended I changed something, so one poor uploader had to update all the links for nothing. But since I don't make mistakes, that never happened and there is no message proofing that, and that's not because I erased most of the evidence.

Oh, look!

Tora-uma

Oct 27, 2020
A Foreign World - Episode 1.51
Pc
Mac

These should work. If we pretend for a second that I can make mistakes, which I obviously can't. I'd say when I wanted to upload the new version, I accidentally uploaded the old one and pretended I changed something, so one poor uploader had to update all the links for nothing. But since I don't make mistakes, that never happened and there is no message proofing that, and that's not because I erased most of the evidence.

Oh, look!

steve-harvey-shocked.gif

Mistake? Which mistake? I see no mistake, all I see is....REAR EYES!o_O

Rintal

May 6, 2017
An interesting concept of the plot, but the dev went too far with these mind games. All the characters communicate more or less normally, but the MC is something else... He's just a stuffy, boring nerd. The kind who keeps muttering nonsense under his breath, even if no one is listening, until someone slaps him on the back of the head and tells him to shut up. It's really horrible. I understand that the dev wanted to show a typical veteran superhero, a knight without fear and reproach, but instead made him some kind of voice assistant. Like Siri or Alexa.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Rintal I don‘t see it. Can you give me an example? I might need to rewrite some lines so the MC is more likable/less robotic.

masterdc1976

Feb 25, 2021
Rintal I don‘t see it. Can you give me an example? I might need to rewrite some lines so the MC is more likable/less robotic.
the interactions with the agencies, if he needed the contact influence from his GF does not seem very "manly".
so that is a bit strange, some times its just does not add up, some times is just better to assume power and corruption than to explain details too much details , but overall that is not bad.
to me the " He's just a stuffy, boring nerd " really pushes up when he does not interact or force any of the relationships with the girls, he is just too dam "Passive". you would expect the guy to maker some impression at some point so far he is a housemaid or something. no girl anywhere would be impressed by the MC actions so far, he is 99% pussy.

the girls look great , but the MC, he is terrible. its like he is "domesticated" / " dead inside".
What do the girls need to do to get some action, rape him?

and the girls have super powers and are fighting for their lives ( some are passive but not all ), someone needs to push their agenda on someone, normally that's the MC.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
the interactions with the agencies, if he needed the contact influence from his GF does not seem very "manly".
so that is a bit strange, some times its just does not add up, some times is just better to assume power and corruption than to explain details too much details , but overall that is not bad.
to me the " He's just a stuffy, boring nerd " really pushes up when he does not interact or force any of the relationships with the girls, he is just too dam "Passive". you would expect the guy to maker some impression at some point so far he is a housemaid or something. no girl anywhere would be impressed by the MC actions so far, he is 99% pussy.

the girls look great , but the MC, he is terrible. its like he is "domesticated" / " dead inside".
What do the girls need to do to get some action, rape him?

and the girls have super powers and are fighting for their lives ( some are passive but not all ), someone needs to push their agenda on someone, normally that's the MC.
With all due respect, I don't think you have understood the game, like at all. First, the MC is some kind of legendary but already retired secret agent. Random active agents are not supposed to know his actual identity. So when he finds himself caught in this whole incident and there's already an agent working on the case who is only receptive to his official orders, the 'manly' thing to do is not to beat the shit out of that agent or to tell him who the MC is, but to covertly talk with the person who can actually let him work on the case too -who happens to be his former girlfriend's dad- and bypass that agent without confronting him. Not sure how you expect an expert secret agent would act in that situation, but what you seem to mean by 'being more manly' is probably not the way to go.

Then, it's obvious that this man still loves that woman, so it's only natural he rejects these girls who, by the way, are clearly influenced by their native world habits -when they throw themselves at him it's not because they actually want him, but because they've been raised that way. He's trying to calm them down, make them trust him, and also help them to adjust to this new world, and you just can't do that by making them your personal sluts from day one, because it would surely backfire on the near future. Again, it's not about being pussy or passive, but about being a smart and experienced agent, on top of a good man with a broken heart. His goal is not to bang them, but to protect them and the whole of mankind, too. The banging will happen, most likely, but it has to be slowly built on mutual trust and some actual care about everyone's feelings, not by taking advantage of this group of powerful refugees. That's the way he will impress them.

Now, of course, if you just disregard all of this characterization and plot and can only see a man living in a house with 9 hot aliens apparently willing to have sex with him, then sure, he's a pussy for not having had a massive orgy yet, or not even touched a boob after 2 days with them. But this is just not that kind of game.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes