Seeking A game with actually decent protagonist?

Apr 24, 2021
Most games I've seen have absolutely miserable protagonists, doing equally miserable things, or being a complete blank slate. I'd like to play as someone decent for a change.

Can you recommend me a game in which our hero is not:
- shota
- total piece of shit
- faceless
- devoid of character

Additionally, I'd like it to not be focused on rape or NTR. Stuff like monsters, fantasy, sci-fi or horror elements are welcomed, but not mandatory.

It's hard to find such titles, so your help will be appreciated.

cr0sswise

Jul 26, 2021
I'm gonna give it a try. The artwork is of a very high quality, which is a rarity. Thanks!
Glad I could help. Just edited my comment and added two more games you might like.
If you enjoy "What a Legend!" you might also like Randeltales (What a Legend has higher quality though).
Mist is also a very popular game with a decent MC and good quality overall.

Edit: I forgot you didnt want a facless MC, Depraved Awakening, City of Broken Dreamers (you can see the MC sometimes but he has a mask) and Mist all have a faceless MC, my bad. But you can check out Aurelia instead, it contains fantasy, monsters and a nice MC.

Last edited:

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
There's 2 games by Bruni.
General Practitioner - You're a doctor who does heal people and has some relationships that are decent. It's complete.
Yomi Alliance - Sci fi story where you are a person who goes to school to serve on a starship and you do go out and help your crew survive along the way. There are multiple choices for love interests and you can improve their behavior towards others as well. Just a warning that near the middle of the game, there's a bug that can break progress and makes your progress get stuck in a loop.